Page 10 of 86 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Helppppp!!!!! when I go to web os quick install...and web os internal feed (All)...I don't see Preware and Package manager service in my list. I have quick install 3.12...can somebody help me!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    At what point are you attempting to open it after the initial opening? I waited until preware completed updating and loading the feeds to tap the icon while it was open which just brought preware into focus as if I tapped on the card in card view to bring it to focus?
    immediately after opening it. While it is still downloading the feeds, I guess on earlier versions I must have been waiting till it was finished, as waiting till its finished downloading returns the behavior to what it was prior to the update... Why press it if its loading anyways
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by nikita29 View Post
    Helppppp!!!!! when I go to web os quick install...and web os internal feed (All)...I don't see Preware and Package manager service in my list. I have quick install 3.12...can somebody help me!!!!
    All blogs and forum posts about how to install Preware are obsolete.

Always go to http://install.preware.org for the official Preware installation instructions.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Preware doesn't seem to be updating my feeds anymore. I have Preware 1.0.3 and set to update every launch. It seems to download fine but when the app finally loads, I have none of the new apps that seem to be listed in Precentrel. It stopped updating yesterday and won't even gather the Official App Catalog feed either. Any ideas? I appreciate the help. (Example, the newest app I see is the one where I think you can see fat people's bellies giggle from yesterday)
    Quote Originally Posted by datboi208 View Post
    Preware doesn't seem to be updating my feeds anymore. I have Preware 1.0.3 and set to update every launch. It seems to download fine but when the app finally loads, I have none of the new apps that seem to be listed in Precentrel. It stopped updating yesterday and won't even gather the Official App Catalog feed either. Any ideas? I appreciate the help. (Example, the newest app I see is the one where I think you can see fat people's bellies giggle from yesterday)

It's funny you post this. I'm right in the middle of trying to mind the newer version of Battery Monitor that's shown on the front page of Precentral. It's not showing up in Preware, nor in the Palm App Catalog. I guess it's not just me?

Using Preware 1.0

M.
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by datboi208 View Post
    Thanks for reporting it. It was a problem on the server. It is now fixed and the feeds should be up to date (and remain that way).

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 05/19/2010 at 05:52 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    My Preware is acting up, cannot update Packages (which includes Preware). Running Uber Kernel at 800 on Sprint at 800, Preware 1.0, cannot update Preware, cannot add any patches. Have updated feeds unless I am missing one (had all current, but do not know if I missed adding one).

Just doctored phone last weekend, added newest Preware.

All it does is spin on download/updating on updates, and a patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    My Preware is acting up, cannot update Packages (which includes Preware). Running Uber Kernel at 800 on Sprint at 800, Preware 1.0, cannot update Preware, cannot add any patches. Have updated feeds unless I am missing one (had all current, but do not know if I missed adding one).

All it does is spin on download/updating on updates, and a patch.

I'm having the same issue as you.
    I am having some issues with Preware 1.0.3. It is not applying any new patches, I applied about 10 last night and then restarted Luna at end of all of them and noticed that they were all not there/working. I then went into one and clicked on remove, Share Image Message Option, and I get the first screen shot that the files were stock, nothing to do. I have tried this over WiFi at home, at work, over the air/non Wifi. I have tried this with 5 other patches with the same result. I have tried the luna restart directly after applying it and get the same result, nothing applied. Is this a 1.0.3 issue, do you think going back to the 1.0 release will work again? Is there anything else that I can check/try.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    I am having some issues with Preware 1.0.3. It is not applying any new patches, I applied about 10 last night and then restarted Luna at end of all of them and noticed that they were all not there/working. I then went into one and clicked on remove, Share Image Message Option, and I get the first screen shot that the files were stock, nothing to do. I have tried this over WiFi at home, at work, over the air/non Wifi. I have tried this with 5 other patches with the same result. I have tried the luna restart directly after applying it and get the same result, nothing applied. Is this a 1.0.3 issue, do you think going back to the 1.0 release will work again? Is there anything else that I can check/try.
    Same here, tried a couple of patches, they say they're install correctly, but the functionality isn't there. If I uninstall it, it says that the files are in unpatched state

I've already restarted my Pre and it's doing the same.
    Ditto for me as well. Using Preware 1.03.
    Just tried installing SMS notification per contact patch, installed successfully, luna restart, functionality not there. Loaded up Preware, states patch is installed.

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Same here, tried a couple of patches, they say they're install correctly, but the functionality isn't there. If I uninstall it, it says that the files are in unpatched state

I've already restarted my Pre and it's doing the same.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Opened Preware today. I have version 1.0.2. (Though I swear I updated to 1.0.3 before).

Says there is 1 available update, and it is Preware, v 1.0.3.

I select it, then hit update, and it stays at the downloading / updating screen forever until I close the app.

Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas how to fix it?

I just finished rebooting Luna and trying again. Same results. I am going to try to reboot the phone soon and try again.

If it helps, I am running Uber Kernal set to userspacee 800MHz. Also running the Govnah.
    I am also getting stuck on the Downloading screen when I try to install many things.
    I forgot to list my Specs. I am on a Palm Pre, Sprint network, running 1.4.1.1, doctored as recently as 5 days ago, with no Kernel patches installed.
    Last edited by mike_pre; 05/19/2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hshendon View Post
    Opened Preware today. I have version 1.0.2. (Though I swear I updated to 1.0.3 before).

Says there is 1 available update, and it is Preware, v 1.0.3.

I select it, then hit update, and it stays at the downloading / updating screen forever until I close the app.

Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas how to fix it?

I just finished rebooting Luna and trying again. Same results. I am going to try to reboot the phone soon and try again.

If it helps, I am running Uber Kernal set to userspacee 800MHz. Also running the Govnah.
    OK. After a full device restart, I booted up Preware and it said Preware was the one app to update.

This time when I selected update, it gave me details on download size, rate of download, time estimates to complete, and messages when installing.

Install completed successfully and Preware closed.

Once I reopened Preware, everything was fine and the install was confirmed.

Sorry for the false alarm. Everything looks OK now.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I need some help with a Preware issue.

I have two brothers (and their wives also! - go webOS!) who both have Sprint Pixi's running 1.4.1.1. They have both installed Preware 1.0 using WEBOSQI successfully, but are unable to install any patches using Preware. Here is an error log that one of them emailed me. Any help?

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0
    8 32316 8 2651 0 0 1031 0 0:00:31 0:00:02 0:00:29 1968
    12 32316 12 4099 0 0 1140 0 0:00:28 0:00:03 0:00:25 1729
    100 32316 100 32316 0 0 7391 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 10265
    install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons (1.4.1-8) to root...
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons (1.4.1-8) to root...
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons.postinst)
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/private/metascene.videos/submission/76/javascript/assistants/details-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-add-delete-buttons.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting
    Last edited by jdraket; 05/19/2010 at 11:15 AM.
    After checking the log is clear to me why no new patches are being applied...Here is the log:
    ******* Patch Log Created by postinst Wed May 19 09:47:20 PDT 2010 ************

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Wed May 19 09:47:23 PDT 2010
    ERROR: /usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-share-image-message-option is not a directory or does not exist!
    *** FAILED ***

PATCH REMOVAL Wed May 19 09:47:28 PDT 2010
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-share-image-message-option/browser-share-image-message-option.patch

----------------------------------
    Checking md5sums
    Getting md5sum from Palm package: com.palm.app.browser
    md5sum: fc04d8978532590f434d8160cc2862ea
    md5sum of Palm file has changed since installation, assuming OTA
    palm_md5sum: fc04d8978532590f434d8160cc2862ea
    orig_palm_md5sum:
    All of the files in the patch are already stock (most likely due to OTA update)

Cleaning up backups...
    file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    file md5sum: c17a66583262e53c1e41f87dfcadb8cc
    orig md5sum: fc04d8978532590f434d8160cc2862ea
    palm md5sum: fc04d8978532590f434d8160cc2862ea
    SUCCESS

There is no directory that it is looking for: ERROR: /usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-share-image-message-option is not a directory or does not exist!

The patch file is actually located in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-share-image-message-option

and not

/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-share-image-message-option

I checked and made sure the file system is set for Read/Write.

So I guess I need to figure out 2 things:
    1. Why is it looking for that directory for the patch?
    2. Why is Preware saying it was Successful?

Mike
    Issue I have is when looking at LsDiff, Diffstat or GNU patch, all 3 hang Preware, eventually after waiting some icons come up, but a description or buttons to remove never do.
    Last edited by ChilinMichael; 05/19/2010 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Adding Photos
    had the same problem after updating...did a hard reboot (battery pull) and all is well now..
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenme View Post
    had the same problem after updating...did a hard reboot (battery pull) and all is well now..
    had the same problem as which one? Patches not applying, or preware hanging?