Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm all in on 2 Pre's.
    I have put in my votes/Downloads!!
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I love this idea and can vouch for me and 2 other pre owners. Perhaps an unofficial precentral app? I've been dieing for one anyway.
    Can we rally around the ILoveHomebrew app, we need to get it in the official palm catalogue
    yeah... i think webosinternals should publish an app to the official catalogue and also inform about the app through preware as well so everyone using preware will download the official app. 100k would help webosinternals a lot.
    It's a great idea, and one I would want to rally behind if this gets going. Please someone make this happen.
    Isn't this an easier idea than the Telethon??

I think so.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I would back it in a heart beat. I know about 4 other people with Pre's also and I'd tell them and so on and so on.
    What if you download the app, then delete it and download it again, does it still count as 1 download?
    It might even be best if THIS WERE A PAID APP!!!

Could even be A PENNY toward this ILoveHomebrew app, right?? And then the chances of winning a prize would be far more likely than competing against the free Helicopter app, right??

This could really work, unless anybody else has read some stipulations about how a penny app isn't eligible to compete... ... .. .. . .

I also think this would have a better shot if it were somehow sponsored, endorsed by PreCentral or something. Somebody trustworthy would need to distribute the funds and such.... like, perhaps Dieter??
    The ILoveHomebrew App is now in the app catalog and seems to be moving up. We need to rally hard around this one as it will need over 20,000 downloads just to win the first $1,000. Suggestions anyone?
    bump?
    Yessir...

Call the PDK app: "Krewe of Brew Preez"

Have a picture of Drew Brees move around on the screen as you move the acceleromator?? ... obviously the description says "This is for the homebrew developers, who are responsible for... yadda, yadda, yadda".

Charge a penny? (depends on how terms are setup... anybody got a link to the terms of the PDK hot apps competition?)

And, of course, somebody would need to whip up a simple PDK app real quick-like.

Anybody feel like taking charge of all this?
    I request that WebOS Internals not be represented in any form in any third party app in the app catalog (or anywhere for that matter) without prior explicit agreement from myself.

Such explicit agreement has not been given to anyone at or prior to this point in time.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I request that WebOS Internals not be represented in any form in any third party app in the app catalog (or anywhere for that matter) without prior explicit agreement from myself.

Such explicit agreement has not been given to anyone at or prior to this point in time.

-- Rod
    Well... get on it.

Just give Dieter a phone call and give him explicit instructions on how you'd like this all played out on the next PalmCast (tomorrow??)

... OR ELSE YOU'LL TAKE PREWARE AWAY FROM US ALL!!

"What could WebOS Internals do with $100k?"

We could certainly throw an awesome party
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    "what could webos internals do with $100k?"

we could certainly throw an awesome party
    vegas!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    "What could WebOS Internals do with $100k?"

We could certainly throw an awesome party
    Sounds like you would all have fun, but the cost of the plane tickets would take its toll on your party cash

--Thread Hijacking-- Oil, will you jump on the chance for a 4G device from Sprint now that Yakima is soon-to-be-covered?

Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Have a picture of Drew Brees move around on the screen as you move the acceleromator?? ... obviously the description says "This is for the homebrew developers, who are responsible for... yadda, yadda, yadda".

Charge a penny? (depends on how terms are setup... anybody got a link to the terms of the PDK hot apps competition?)
    1) Use of Drew Brees would be trademark infringement
    2) Palm mandates a minimum of $0.99 app cost
    3) The Hot Apps competitions are either:

a) Most downloads -- free apps
    b) Most revenue -- paid apps

So a paid app would have to have the most revenue in order to get $100k or a free app has to have the most downloads to get $100k
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    --Thread Hijacking-- Oil, will you jump on the chance for a 4G device from Sprint now that Yakima is soon-to-be-covered?
    If said device was running webOS? In a heartbeat.

But I don't see myself getting an EVO or any other non-webOS 4G device.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast