Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    why i cant find it in preware???? i typed zcorder and hit enter = 0 results
    which feed is it in?
    Quote Originally Posted by pluspreoccupied View Post
    why i cant find it in preware???? i typed zcorder and hit enter = 0 results
    which feed is it in?
    Which operating system version are you running? If it's 2, I don't think that it has been updated for webOS 2 yet.
    im still running the old 1.4.5
    It could be there in the WebOS Internals feed. Make sure that feed is selected in the manage feeds menu. Then search zcorder...it should be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    It could be there in the WebOS Internals feed. Make sure that feed is selected in the manage feeds menu. Then search zcorder...it should be there.
    You're right. That's where it is. And it definitely doesn't work under 2.1.0
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    And it definitely doesn't work under 2.1.0
    no, it definitely doesn't run under 2.1.0.
    :sad!
    can i find it somewhere on the internet? then i could just download the ipk to my laptop and then install it
    there are two voice recording apps in the catalog for 2.x. Yes, they both cost money, but I bought them both and they both work extremely well. I decided that I needed to record a meeting more than I needed to save $2, so I bought Voices and Voice Memos.

Both work well. I find myself using Voices more often, but that's probably just because the icon is nearer the top of the launcher page.

have you guys tried either of them?
    Quote Originally Posted by pepitosegrilla View Post
    This app would be amazing if could record phone calls żany plans on that? żany donation needed on that pourpose? or the proyect is already closed
    BTW, I tried both of the paid apps to see if I could record a call. It appears that the recording is paused when the dialer app is on an a call. That wasn't what I was expecting. Hopefully a developer will post in here to explain if recording a call is possible with the API that was published in the 2.1 SDK.

Or if a patch can keep both channels active. It seems to me this would be like the patch that keeps videos playing in card view... but that's above my level of knowledge. Any developers care to educate us?
    i don't see the media capture function in voice memos, voices or the free app-record it beta. Are media capture and phone call recording (is that the same api?) still undocumented in 2.x?
    if so then, contrary to the hater comments, there are clear reasons that zcorder is the most valuable/best solution on webOS.
    anyways, I can't get voice memos or record-it to record anything anyways, but never had a prob w zcorder.
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    I can't locate this App.... I follow these instructions: Use the List of Everything option and search for "zcorder". Select Zcorder and hit install.

It does not show up. I made sure WebOS Internals Feed is ON and everything is up to date. Where's it at?!
    My Treo 680 died a couple of weeks back, and Zcorder seems to be the best replacement for Voice Memos on my Palm Pre 1.4.5...

Problem is, it's just so hard to *aim* for the record button while driving, while the Pre is mounted on the dash. It's always a test of patience to hit that itty-bitty record button. Where can we submit suggestions for this? I'm hoping somebody could make that button take up the whole screen or something.. make it a record ON/OFF switch instead...
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    My Treo 680 died a couple of weeks back, and Zcorder seems to be the best replacement for Voice Memos on my Palm Pre 1.4.5...

Problem is, it's just so hard to *aim* for the record button while driving, while the Pre is mounted on the dash. It's always a test of patience to hit that itty-bitty record button. Where can we submit suggestions for this? I'm hoping somebody could make that button take up the whole screen or something.. make it a record ON/OFF switch instead...
    You have 1.4.5 not 1.4.5.1? I guess this app is not available for 1.4.5.1 Can't find it anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpoverdorf View Post
    I can't locate this App.... I follow these instructions: Use the List of Everything option and search for "zcorder". Select Zcorder and hit install.

It does not show up. I made sure WebOS Internals Feed is ON and everything is up to date. Where's it at?!
    I noticed the same. It's just not there. I HAD to redo my PrePlus, it was so slow. Zcorder is the one app I really can't live without I hope it comes back soon, especially since I can't get it for 2.x... Maybe I will have to play with my daughters pre+, is there a way to transfer ipk files?
    Quote Originally Posted by kpoverdorf View Post
    You have 1.4.5 not 1.4.5.1? I guess this app is not available for 1.4.5.1 Can't find it anywhere.
    Yup, 1.4.5 -- haven't seen the .1 update yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    Yup, 1.4.5 -- haven't seen the .1 update yet
    I was able to install Zcorder with quick install Works fine on 1.4.5.1
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    I noticed the same. It's just not there. I HAD to redo my PrePlus, it was so slow. Zcorder is the one app I really can't live without I hope it comes back soon, especially since I can't get it for 2.x... Maybe I will have to play with my daughters pre+, is there a way to transfer ipk files?
    If you know how to install apps manually you can get it here:

Pre
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....6.0_armv7.ipk

Pixi
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....6.0_armv6.ipk

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Ha! Still kicking it old school with a Sprint Pre on a slick patched-out webOS 1.4.5. Long Live Palm!
    Yes it does. But as I have a Pre2 that won't work, which was the point of my visiting this thread in the first place. I have since discovered that they worked on the mic api and found "Record It" for free in Palm's App Catalog It's fine, though I have an extra step with wav files.
    Any chance in getting this to work on the pixi... I am a little surprised that the pixi does not have the ability to record voice!
    jtraceypgh likes this.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast