Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Playback for me is buggy as well. It gets real "jumpy" after about a minute or two.

Anyone have a dialed in preference setting(s) to fix this?

Stream Rate

Bit Rate

Quality
    Best
    Medium
    Worst

? ? ?

EDIT
    So i noticed when my phone goes to sleep while recording that is when the buggyness happens to the recorded audio. I set my phone to sleep at 3minutes and tap on the screen occasionally to reset staying on and is recording good now. I am just using the preference settings it comes with at install.. .
    Last edited by Freshyz; 09/15/2010 at 05:01 PM.
    Everybody wants some!..
    App works fine. Thanks
    I have not encountered the problems others have...

Would a "dark" skin/version be possible?

Thanks.
    Hi,

I switched from a Pre to a Pre+ with 1.4.5, and just found that zcorder 0.6.0 no longer runs; all I get is

"Recording failed:
    org.webosinternals.zcorder is not running".

Is there anything I can do about this?

Regards,

Jochen
    Is it only me, or has anyone else noticed that the icon for zCorder looks just like Data (Brent Spiner) on Star Trek TNG?
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    copasetic likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    Hi,

I switched from a Pre to a Pre+ with 1.4.5, and just found that zcorder 0.6.0 no longer runs; all I get is

"Recording failed:
    org.webosinternals.zcorder is not running".

Is there anything I can do about this?

Regards,

Jochen
    My Pre Plus with 1.4.5 is working fine with zecorder 0.6.0 works fine. Have you tried to remove and reinstall it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    My Pre Plus with 1.4.5 is working fine with zecorder 0.6.0 works fine. Have you tried to remove and reinstall it?
    I have; over the weekend I tested all the apps on my Pre+ and found that in various ways quite a number don't work - from white screens to all kinds of error messages; if no one else has got a problem with 1.4.5 on the Pre+, my device must be faulty in some way.
    Maybe you may have a bad 1.4.5 update or something. Sounds like you might need to Doctor the phone to restore the OS to it's original state. I would search "webOS Doctor" and see what some you come up with. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    Maybe you may have a bad 1.4.5 update or something. Sounds like you might need to Doctor the phone to restore the OS to it's original state. I would search "webOS Doctor" and see what some you come up with. Good luck.
    Yes, I guess before I return it this would be a sensible thing to do.

What do the experts say - is it better to doctor to 1.4.1 and re-upgrade, or would doctoring directly to 1.4.5 work as well (I think a version of doctor that does just that is around somewhere)?

Regards,

Jochen
    You should ask that question in a thread related to doctoring. I've never done it.
    good job bro
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Should Pixi owners assume that Zcorder will never work on their phones? I've seen multiple Pixi owners post the same problems and it seems like they're being ignored by the app's original author.
    What is the vox button/feature?
    I am trying to download the zcorder app and cannot find the "DOWNLOAD" BUTTON on the precentral page...is it still available..can u send me the link. Thanks you.
    where is the download
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Rod, I looked first on the forums to see if there was already an answer to this question I've had about zcorder (which I love by the way).

Question is this: Is there a way to keep my voice recordings from mixing in with my mp3 music in the built-in music player and/or music remix player? I don't like allowing my Pre to just randomly mix stuff publicly (parties, groups, etc.) because it also mixes in my audio voice recordings taken with zcorder. Other than making playlists and sticking to them I was hoping there was a trick to keeping voice recordings completely out of the mix when it comes to music. Is there a way?

Thanks in advance! - Mark J.
    Will Z-Corder work with Pre2 &/or WebOS2.0 on our existing Pre Plusses (or even Pre minuses)??
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    thanks so much!
    I installed Zcorder yesterday from Preware on my VZ Pre+ running WebOs 1.4.5. As posted elsewhere in this thread, I tried few minutes of test recording off Pandora using the "Stream" setting. No issues other than some intermittent clicking and popping noise in the background that could clearly be heard during playback. Other than that, it appeared to work OK on the voice recording although not as feature rich as the freebie Voice Memo app that came with my Classic although again the issue is that it is running in Classic only.

Today, something odd happened as I tried to make a call, retrieve VM, etc. I could not hear through the headset speaker at all. I first thought that my headset speaker had gone out as the only way I could hear the other party was when I put my phone in speaker mode. I was little P.O.'d as this phone is only about 45 days old. The caller told me that they could hear me fine but I just could not hear them. I also tried Pandora and few other apps to see if I could hear through the headset speaker. Nothing as if the headset speaker was dead. I also tried Device Restart on the phone couple of times including Lunar Restart. I was actually on the road doing some shopping and I almost took it to a Verizon store but hesitated since I have overclocking and numerous patches installed.

I finally got home to isolate this problem to see if my headset speaker had either blown out or if the issue was being caused by couple of apps that I had recently installed- Drpodder or Zcorder. While dialing my phone from my house phone and trying to listen to my cell, I heard a faint pop similar to the same popping noise that I heard on the Zcorder in the Stream setting. I deleted Zcorder and did another device restart and my headset speaker is now working fine.

Not 100% sure that my issue was caused by Zcorder or if my headset is actually getting ready to go out and just happened to come back after I deleted Zcorder. I am going to keep my eye on it and will report back.

Edited on 12/12/10- I just saw this thread and possibly it was this problem although it was just my headset speaker as the back speaker worked fine. Again, not sure but will try to see if Pandora hooked to an external amplified speaker caused this issue and not Zcorder.

Refer to Stuck in Headset Mode Sticky under Palm Pre Tips, Information & Resources forum.

Jon
    Last edited by jjsorkin; 12/12/2010 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Update to post
    Ok to start this off let me say I have already downloaded this twice; both times it didn't run properly.

The first time I downloaded it it would say it was recording but the timer did not move and the when I hit stop it would say "saving" and never stop trying to save...

So I deleted it and reinstalled it. What happened then was, when I hit record instead of starting it said something about a mutex lock. After waiting a bit this went away and the first problem reappeared. Does anyone have any incite on my problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
    Is it only me, or has anyone else noticed that the icon for zCorder looks just like Data (Brent Spiner) on Star Trek TNG?
    It's not just you. I've noticed that too. But I suspect that it's really a reference to French mime Marcel Marceau. I imagine that somebody at webOS Internals thought that the name "zcorder" sounds like it was pronounced by someone with a thick French accent.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast