Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Since what version did they change it?
    zcorder has never recorded video. You may be thinking of another program.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    zcorder has never recorded video. You may be thinking of another program.

-- Rod
    Isn't zcorder what used to be Precorder?
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Isn't zcorder what used to be Precorder?
    No, it's a completely different application by the same author.

Precorder was dropped when the Pre got native video recording.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No, it's a completely different application by the same author.

Precorder was dropped when the Pre got native video recording.

-- Rod
    Hmh, that's funny because my program still has the video portion in there but it is just disabled. OK, well since there not working on this anymore then I'll just uninstall it.

Thanks for your help.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Looking forward to trying this
    I touch record and it says:

Recording...
    Error: Internal data flow error.

Any ideas?

I think I should uninstall and reinstall first, but I'll wait for feedback.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    awesome dude, seems to work very well no problem, i even recorded from pandora Sound quality is better with your earphones though.

I first realized this actually records the sound not capture the actual media being streamed. So for example, if i open grooveshark and listen to a song, zcorder will record the audio being outputed and not really capture the mp3 file being loaded on to my pre. But its alright, its pretty cool.
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tl12000 View Post
    awesome dude, seems to work very well no problem, i even recorded from pandora Sound quality is better with your earphones though.

I first realized this actually records the sound not capture the actual media being streamed. So for example, if i open grooveshark and listen to a song, zcorder will record the audio being outputed and not really capture the mp3 file being loaded on to my pre. But its alright, its pretty cool.
    That's not entirely accurate. It /does/ actually capture the media being streamed. The reason the volume of the phone affects it directly and it can get distorted is because it captures it from the pcm_output (which is the uncompressed data on the way out to the speaker), so it's only /margionally/ clearer than just having the mic pick up the speaker :P It's an unfortunate limitation, but I didn't do much work with it due to the cpu limitations. Now with 1.05ghz and compache, I may revisit to see if there are better options.
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder
    I noticed some static when listening to a recording I took from a song playing on my phone. Is it because of the headphones?
    recording from streaming music worked fine first few times, but then started recording and playing back as if I had it on fast forward and was very choppy.?
    Where do I find this app?

Thanks

Greg M
    Quote Originally Posted by GregMa View Post
    Where do I find this app?
    Since it's a Homebrew app, you'll need Preware installed on your device.
    Where can I download zcorder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    That's not entirely accurate. It /does/ actually capture the media being streamed. The reason the volume of the phone affects it directly and it can get distorted is because it captures it from the pcm_output (which is the uncompressed data on the way out to the speaker), so it's only /margionally/ clearer than just having the mic pick up the speaker :P It's an unfortunate limitation, but I didn't do much work with it due to the cpu limitations. Now with 1.05ghz and compache, I may revisit to see if there are better options.
    Several people asked you about recording the telephone call incoming audio stream with Zcorder, and I apologize if I missed it, but how close are we to having this capability within Zcorder?
    Does it still not work on the pixi? I love WebOS but the lack of a recorder might make me go to the dark side (Android or iPhone)
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I didn't find a reply to the post about the Max Headroom stuttering on playback from live music recording. It's frustrating. Is this a problem that has been corrected? Should I delete and reinstall the app? Any other options?
    Thanks.
    This app looks great!! can't wait to install.
    i am very happy with zcorder, but it would work better with larger pads on the screen and with the possibility of having a "still" button to stop recording for short time.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rustaman View Post
    I didn't find a reply to the post about the Max Headroom stuttering on playback from live music recording. It's frustrating. Is this a problem that has been corrected? Should I delete and reinstall the app? Any other options?
    Thanks.
    Same problem here. Im using Uberkernel at 720MHz.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Does webOS 2.0 come with access to the mic?

If so, is development on zcorder going to move in that direction soon?

I am sorely missing the phone recording abilities of my very old Palm Centro.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s