Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Burglady View Post
    Is this available for download now? If so where?
    Preware

-- Rod
    Am I the only person getting Max Headroom style skipping every so often if the display is allowed to turn off? I have tried it with both the stock kernel and uber-kernel, and with uber-kernel set at 500 userspace, 800 userspace, and 500-800 screen state. I'm not a heavy patcher.

I've installed:
    4x4 icons v4 no arrows plus more
    unthrottle download manager
    video camera flashlight
    GNU Patch
    Lsdiff

I haven't yet reflashed my Pre but I suppose that's next. I have a copy of the skipping if anyone on the dev team of zcorder wants it. I'm not sure if there are any logs that would be useful either, but if so just ask.

Still thanks for putting zcorder together. A voice recorder has been one of the major missing features of the Pre. Even if I have to make sure the screen stays on to get a good recording.
    For french users,
    I have committed the french translation for zcorder in the WebOS Internals GIT (git.webos-internals.org Git).

For German or Spanish users,
    you can have zcorder in your language by translating this file git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/zcorder.git/blob - resources/base.strings.json in your language.
    And when it will be ready, you can send it to Prenosicator.

@ Rod (rwhitby)
    And an other new WebOS Internals application available in french.
    I do some of my best thinking while I'm driving or hiking. I've got a nice Olympus recorder, but why carry two devices? Zcorder is great! Except I'd sure love for it to have Pause button, so I didn't have to stop/start multiple clips when all I wanted to do was stop the one I was doing while i thought a little.
    Oh, and phone conversation recording would be nice.
    But I'd really like that pause button - especially on record, but on playback would be nice, too.
    This app is great! I was recording a speaker at a banquet tonight and it came through real clear. I get random speeding up throughout the recording. Does anyone know the best settings to reduce that random speeding up?
    IF it can record the phone ,it will be all right.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jngg View Post
    IF it can record the phone ,it will be all right.
    inability to record phone conversations is a result of Palm's API limitations, and also probably a good thing since recording people without their permission isn't legal everywhere.
    ---
    ---

launch-day pre: the original gangsta.

twitter / posterous
    I dont know how many of you are musicians here but I really envy the three different multi track recording apps available for the iPhone. Voice recording is fine for verbal ideas but its kinda limited for musical ideas.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arcane View Post
    inability to record phone conversations is a result of Palm's API limitations, and also probably a good thing since recording people without their permission isn't legal everywhere.
    Its legal in many places without any disclosure, legal EVERYWHERE in the US when proper disclosure is made, so lets make it unavailable for everyone because some places require disclosure? That is not rational in my opinion.

I hope we don't have to get into the "quit trying to be the police" language here, recording voice conversations was very useful on my Centro and I would like to see it with the Pre.
    Last edited by jdod; 06/10/2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: bad grammar :(
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Will zcorder "record" music streaming like Pandora etc.
    There are a lot of Pixi users out there.
    Is there any chance you can get zcorder working for Pixi soon? That would be tremendous!
    Right now after recording 2 secs, I press stop, I get the message "Saving, please Wait...."
    Well after an hour and a half wait and still going, I think it's good to assume it's not saving!
    Please help thanks for the efforts
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Will zcorder "record" music streaming like Pandora etc.
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Its legal in many places without any disclosure, legal EVERYWHERE in the US when proper disclosure is made, so lets make it unavailable for everyone because some places require disclosure? That is not rational in my opinion.

I hope we don't have to get into the "quit trying to be the police" language here, recording voice conversations was very useful on my Centro and I would like to see it with the Pre.
    yes ! I hope it can be added .
    Great App!
    Thanks for that!
    I will use it every day (and donate) as soon as I will be able to pause the recording (and not only stop it). When I want to record a letter or memo, I sometimes hesitate on the words and (on my pearlcorder) pause the recording. With zCorder, I can't pause, and have to record the whole thing with blanks, or in pieces...
    Do you plan to develop this function?
    Thanks again! Good job!
    this app does not work on my Pixi. it downloaded and installed properly however, when i press record nothing happens until i press stop, and then it attempts to save and then eventually times out. I was told that the app might not work on pixi. how close are we to making it usable for pixi? i love the phone and this is my only issue with it. i am a songwriter and musician and i have to have this app.

-david
    Love the idea of having a native webOS voice recorder. However, here's why I'm still using the Voice Memo app included with Classic instead:

• it stutters at the beginning if you start speaking too soon
    • the record button needs to be a larger target
    • it's not instantly obvious that you're in record mode
    • integrated memo management is so much more convenient

I really appreciate that zCorder is filling a void here; this is a much needed app that can hopefully continue to improve.

P.S. zCorder wins on file naming—it got this one exactly right.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I would love to see a pause button as well. Also, am I right that as of yet it does not catalog multiple recordings for later playback? That's pretty key in my eyes to have the ability to rename and organize recordings.

thanks for the effort!!
    Is there any chance of implementing Quality options (480p, 720p 1080p) into zcorder? I would like to take video in the supposed maximum of our phone. From what I have heard the phone could record in 720p with no issues.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Is there any chance of implementing Quality options (480p, 720p 1080p) into zcorder? I would like to take video in the supposed maximum of our phone. From what I have heard the phone could record in 720p with no issues.
    Zcorder is just audio. It doesn't record video
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    Zcorder is just audio. It doesn't record video
    Since what version did they change it?
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]