Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubellinc View Post
    How do I get a-hold of Zcorder's audio recording code.... ? or the whole app for all that matter....
    Same as any other WebOS Internals source code: git.webos-internals.org Git

Note that the source code is licensed as GPLv2, so if you use anything from the zcorder source code, your application must also be GPL open source freeware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    hi mates,

i can't see the app in my preware list, even though the webos internals feed is on
    any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by gamble6x View Post
    I received an error "can't record audio fast enough". Has anyone else been getting this? I'm running uber-kernel with 500mhz-800mhz on screenstate. When I went to play back the audio there were places where I sounded like Max Headroom. Sadly it makes the app unusable for me. If nobody else is getting this problem maybe I'll try a wipe and reload with stock kernel. While I love the speed increase on program launches, I *need* an audio recorder.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    I did get this once, but waited a minute and tried again and it was all good. i think something may have been doing a process in the background and after 60sec, that all closes.
    It seems to be working alright after a reboot. I might start rebooting more regularly to make sure I don't end up with that issue going forward. Thanks. Great little simple program that gets the job done. Too bad Palm didn't have this from go. I mean seriously, what phone out there doesn't have a voice recorder these days? (or a video recorder, which they *finally* fixed). I realize it's first gen, but first gen should not mean the same thing as beta.

I'm a fan of WebOS for it's core design. I really hope they get some better hardware and wrap up the feature list for the next gen (hopefully released sometime around June).
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    is there any way to start/stop recording via terminal command line?
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by nerubius View Post
    is there any way to start/stop recording via terminal command line?
    I must say, this seems to be an odd request. There are many ways to record from command line that are fairly simple. You /can/ record from command line using the zcorder service, via luna-send, but it's more complicated for sure than the other methods, and I use it only for debugging.
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    I must say, this seems to be an odd request. There are many ways to record from command line that are fairly simple. You /can/ record from command line using the zcorder service, via luna-send, but it's more complicated for sure than the other methods, and I use it only for debugging.
    It's not that odd!

Imagine~
    Hide your pre in a sneaky sneaky place
    SSH to the pre and start recording!
    Stop recording, transfer the generated audio file back to your batcave!

Who doesn't want to be batman?

Is there anywhere in particular i might find information about using luna-send to control the zcorder service, or generate mp3 recordings from the microphone using another command line method?

P.S. I'd also be interested in a method for starting playback of audio on the pre's speaker remotely! ultimate whoopy cushion.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    So will your app be able to record phone conversations?

This is really important to a lot of people.

I am constantly wishing I could go back and listen to a conference call for notes, or provide a call to a client or customer to aid in training and support.

Please let us know.

Thanks!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    ultimate whoopy cushion.
    Sounds like a great tag line! Pre the ultimate whoopy cushion

LOL
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    hi - I'm getting an error message when trying to install zcorder to my pre. Can anyone help and tell what this means?

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install .org.webosinternals.zcorder_0.6.6_armv7.ipk
    Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.zcorder (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error ocurred, return value:4
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.zcorder .
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

thanks for your help
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by grmark34 View Post
    hi - I'm getting an error message when trying to install zcorder to my pre. Can anyone help and tell what this means?

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install .org.webosinternals.zcorder_0.6.6_armv7.ipk
    Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.zcorder (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error ocurred, return value:4
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.zcorder .
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

thanks for your help
    You need to manually update your feeds in preware. The option is in the application menu.

Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    So will your app be able to record phone conversations?

This is really important to a lot of people.

I am constantly wishing I could go back and listen to a conference call for notes, or provide a call to a client or customer to aid in training and support.

Please let us know.

Thanks!
    Will it /eventually/? Probably. Right now it can't, and unfortunately I'm involved in many projects, and it's not top priority. Keep bugging me about it tho, I'll start looking into it again.

It's not that odd!

Imagine~
    Hide your pre in a sneaky sneaky place
    SSH to the pre and start recording!
    Stop recording, transfer the generated audio file back to your batcave!

Who doesn't want to be batman?

Is there anywhere in particular i might find information about using luna-send to control the zcorder service, or generate mp3 recordings from the microphone using another command line method?

P.S. I'd also be interested in a method for starting playback of audio on the pre's speaker remotely! ultimate whoopy cushion.
    Get in touch with me in IRC #webos-internals on Freenode and we can discuss this. All of the things you've mentioned are possible with zcorder and luna-send.
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    Will it /eventually/? Probably. Right now it can't, and unfortunately I'm involved in many projects, and it's not top priority. Keep bugging me about it tho, I'll start looking into it again.
    As you can see, I have asked, nicely I hope, a few times, so don't have a problem with "bugging" you if you don't.

I sure wish your answer was a yes, eventually, rather than probably, I hope you can turn it up to that level at some point. I really want to follow and support an app/developer who will eventually accomplish this task, it is crucial for me.

Thank you, though for your efforts thus far.

Everyone else that expressed such a need months ago, come back and let Prenosicator know about it.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Cool, I'll try it.
    I've noticed the zcorder doesn't record if the headphones are plugged in. Is there a reason for this and is there a fix? Thank you soo muchfor your time.

edit: this also includes recording Media
    Last edited by silversuperman; 05/21/2010 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by silversuperman View Post
    I've noticed the zcorder doesn't record if the headphones are plugged in. Is there a reason for this and is there a fix? Thank you soo muchfor your time.

edit: this also includes recording Media
    If you are using the earbuds that came with your phone, try pressing the switch on the little plastic rectangle at the "Y" (where is splits). That is a "press to talk" switch. If you are using some other earphones not equipped to "transmit" you aren't going to have any luck.
    Want to congratulate you guys on a great app. In fact I used it today to conduct interviews for my research paper and it performed well. I have not tried the media portion of it because I did not know what it was for until I read the thread right now. I would like to let you know that it did warn me about 'not being able to record fast' as I did the interview so when I played back my recorded interviews it did sound a bit distorted, but I was still able to understand what they were saying. I hope you can fix that on the next update. Again, great app!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    This is the main thing I missed from the Palm Centro. Why Palm forgot to ad a voice recorder we will never know. I will gladly pay for this app when the final release comes out. I just look for 2 things:1.to be able to playback messages without having to open another program. 2.a way to delete messages when I have played them back!
    Quote Originally Posted by ldpalm View Post
    This is the main thing I missed from the Palm Centro. Why Palm forgot to ad a voice recorder we will never know. I will gladly pay for this app when the final release comes out. I just look for 2 things:1.to be able to playback messages without having to open another program. 2.a way to delete messages when I have played them back!
    you can delete playback you do not want. When you click to replay and it transitions over to the music player on the top right hand corner it has two icons. One has a paper with the musical note symbol and the other icon has rows on it. click on the icon that has rows on it and will convert your playlist into rows. The all you have to do is swipe to the right and it will delete that playback.
    Quote Originally Posted by budderscerna View Post
    you can delete playback you do not want. When you click to replay and it transitions over to the music player on the top right hand corner it has two icons. One has a paper with the musical note symbol and the other icon has rows on it. click on the icon that has rows on it and will convert your playlist into rows. The all you have to do is swipe to the right and it will delete that playback.
    Exactly. The whole point of multi-tasking on webOS devices is so that each app can do one thing and do one thing well.

Why would zcorder include recorded file management capabilities when the audio playing application already has it? For that matter, Internalz also does the same thing. Simply no reason to add it to zcorder as well (IMHO).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Is this available for download now? If so where?
    i cant download it
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast