Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    userspace,,500_800_800
    How come I can't see this setting option?

I really need a better battery life, I call no more than 20mins per week, don't listen to music, phone on airplane mode 10hours a day, yet battery life is complete rubbish..
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    You probably want to use the screenstate governor. Set the minimum and maximum as low and as high as possible so your phone stays stable. I can run it at 125/1000 and get great battery life when I'm not using it, and great performance when I am using it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Has anyone tried the uberkernel default setting?
    I tried the screenstate 500/1000 but battery life was not that great.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Don't use ondemand.

-- Rod

Why not?
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    Why not?
    It doesn't work well on a mobile device. That's why Palm created ondemandtcl ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    just got a new (sprint) Pre yesterday and I'm running screenstate 250/1000

has anybody changed any of the other settings on the profiles
    besides just the frequency?
    I tried to change the voltages but my pre doesn't seem to save to values. Every time i return to the voltage settings all values seem unchanged!?
    what are you guys using for swap?
    Ever since i installed preware, uberkernel, and govnah my battery won't last more than 5 minutes of actual use. I also installed battery doctor at the same time and after a couple of failed attempts to calibrate my battery I know get about 3-5 minutes of use before the screen will just fade no low battery warning or anything. I used to haveno trouble getting through the day with even moderately heavy use, and no settings I have managed to try have made a difference. I suspect that this is actually not uberkernel using too much power, but a miscommunication between the hardware and software causing it to think either the battery is fully charged when it isn't or fully depleted when it isn't, the more so because sometimes it will say its fully chargd from being dead in like 30 minutes, and because it will also die whiel on the charger
    I am rockin a Pre Plus with 2.1. I find that I get the best battery life and stability using Fixed Speed 800. System lag is not a problem, nor is temperature.
    I'm using a Performance profile wth the CPU speed set at a Min of 500MHz and a Max of 1GHz.

By the way, where did you get all of those stats at (Sampling Rate, Up Threshold, Freq Step, ect)? I can't seem to find the stats people are listing here in this thread, in the Govnah app.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 06/06/2011 at 04:56 PM.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

I'm using Uberkernel performance profile min 700 and max at 1GHz, which works very well when it comes to initial start-up when waking up and then kicks into gear when needing extra resources. Power settings are very good and long last working better then anything else I've used (F105, F104a, etc...).

Actually, my wife is also using Uberkernel set at 800MHz only and has little or no problems with speed, delay, and battery power. Too be honest, I don't really get most of these acceleration options and changes between the various kernel interfaces and needed something like Uberkernel that simply works without problem. For those who have not tried and experimented...I ran F105 for about 3 weeks and had too pull my battery at least once per day to fix system lockups and unresponsive interface. I tried multiple settings and adjustments, but did not have much success.

Uberkernel made things much much easier and thanks for everyone who contributed! Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Too be honest, I don't really get most of these acceleration options and changes between the various kernel interfaces and needed something like Uberkernel that simply works without problem.
    That's why UberKernel is in the stable feed

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567