Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaQ View Post
    I'm having issues selecting my Govnah profile after the latest update. Anyone else have this problem? It keeps going to Palm Default.
    Yeah, I had that problem as well. I just uninstalled UberKernel, restarted and reinstalled it in Preware.

Took care of the issue.
    Any advice for setting up a Sprint Palm Pre with uberkernal and Govnah for CPU Frequency and Compressed Swap?

thanks!
    I have a slight problem
    when I set my Max Freq at 800 MHz, Govnah gets only up to 720 MHz (one setting lower than what is displayed), so when I change it to e.g. 600 MHz, it gets only up to 500 MHz
    so I can't try my config as I wished (at 800 MHz), though for having a real Freq Max of 720 MHz it runs all the time very smooth, fast and at a low temperature and battery consumption.
    As of now, it goes up to 720 MHz when I switch on the screen, and if nothing is running is goes back to 250 MHz. Only when I am using any app it goes immediately up to 720 MHz, since the Sampling Rate is set at 0.1 sec and the Up Threshold at 15% (wished I could set it to 10%), otherwise it runs all the time at 250 MHz. The battery consumption when idle and with the display on is around -220 mA, 35C. When I switch the display off it very rapidly goes down to -5mA, 30C.

The settings are:

OnDemand
    Min Freq: 250 MHz
    Max Freq: 800 (actually 720) MHz
    Sampling rate: 0.1 sec
    Up Threshold: 15%
    Ignore Nice Load: False
    Powersave Bias: 150
    Compressed Swap enabled at CompCache MemLimit: 32 MB

Does anyone know how to set the Max Freq at real 800 MHz? I already tried Manual Settings...
    Quote Originally Posted by mpbasdf View Post
    I have a slight problem
    when I set my Max Freq at 800 MHz, Govnah gets only up to 720 MHz (one setting lower than what is displayed), so when I change it to e.g. 600 MHz, it gets only up to 500 MHz
    so I can't try my config as I wished (at 800 MHz), though for having a real Freq Max of 720 MHz it runs all the time very smooth, fast and at a low temperature and battery consumption.
    As of now, it goes up to 720 MHz when I switch on the screen, and if nothing is running is goes back to 250 MHz. Only when I am using any app it goes immediately up to 720 MHz, since the Sampling Rate is set at 0.1 sec and the Up Threshold at 15% (wished I could set it to 10%), otherwise it runs all the time at 250 MHz. The battery consumption when idle and with the display on is around -220 mA, 35C. When I switch the display off it very rapidly goes down to -5mA, 30C.

The settings are:

OnDemand
    Min Freq: 250 MHz
    Max Freq: 800 (actually 720) MHz
    Sampling rate: 0.1 sec
    Up Threshold: 15%
    Powersave Bias: 150
    Compressed Swap enabled at CompCache MemLimit: 32 MB

Does anyone know how to set the Max Freq at real 800 MHz? I already tried Manual Settings...
    Don't use ondemand.

-- Rod
    running custom 500/720. Workd great. Also have a charging profile set at 125/500.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    userspace,,500_800_800
    It's possible that I'm misunderstanding the way the userspace governor works (or the way it works with LunaSysMgr), but I confess that I don't get why this is different from simply using the performance governor with 800 as the minimum and maximum frequencies. Does it not just result in a fixed speed of 800? It seems to do this with me, anyway. Battery life is pretty good, though, so maybe there really is something to this "race to idle" business.
    if i have screenstate on 125/800 say i am running hotspot wifi and the screen is off will the frequency stay at 125mhz? Also whats the best settings for compchace anybody notice any performance hits with bigger numbers?

Also what about I/O scheduler and tcp congestion? what are these does changing them improve performance?
    Last edited by gselsidi; 08/20/2010 at 03:40 PM.
    Okay i found a pretty good combination for perfomance as well as battery life.
    After 3 hours of moderate use, Texting, Music player remix opened but paused, Using facebook app once in a while, Browsing once in a while, i have only used 28% battery, my cpu temperature has not reached 30C and my battery temperature stays at about 29C, and 30C

I havent been able to change my compache memlimit again though, maybe after a restart itll work. But all else is well.

Governer: Conservative
    Min Freq: 500 MHz
    Max Freq: 720 MHz
    Sampling Rate: 2 Sec
    Sampling Down Factor: 1
    Up Threshold: 65%
    Down Threshold 30%
    Freq Step: 5%

Temp Limit: 45C
    Temp Reset: 40C
    Batt Low Thresh: 45% ( to reduce the likelihood of me killing my battery before i get through the day )
    Batt Low Speed: 250 MHz
    Override Charger: False

Compressed Swap:

Compache Enabled: True

Compache Memlimit: 32MB
    Race to idle

I think there is alot of over-thinking going on....
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Anyone leave their pre running overclocked while on the Touchstone charger? Mine gets pretty warm and I'm trying to see if there are settings that might help with that. Thanks!

Aaron
    Quote Originally Posted by arsprod View Post
    Anyone leave their pre running overclocked while on the Touchstone charger? Mine gets pretty warm and I'm trying to see if there are settings that might help with that. Thanks!

Aaron
    I think the best thing to do is just use two profiles. Switch to a profile that keeps your speed lower while on the touchstone.
    that's what I've been doing - sort of a pain!
    Well you could just leave the charger override on and only disable it when you use a USB charger if you use the touchstone more often.
    Hah, didn't even see that setting. What does it override?
    If the override is turned on your Pre operates the same both on an off the charger based on however you set your profile. If the override is turned off, any time you are charging your Pre runs at 500MHz.
    cool, thanks!
    for all the info, im a govnah rookie and all these setting help out alot
    I'm new as of today to this thread and to overclocking. I'm curious.... i downloaded Govnah and Uberkernal and got them running. One of the first things I see is a standard profile for a screenstate of 500/1000. But, I haven't seen anyone talk about this maximum speed here. has anyone used it? Is it not recommended? Is that just for Pre+'s? I'm running a first gen Sprint Pre.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenleuck View Post
    I'm new as of today to this thread and to overclocking. I'm curious.... i downloaded Govnah and Uberkernal and got them running. One of the first things I see is a standard profile for a screenstate of 500/1000. But, I haven't seen anyone talk about this maximum speed here. has anyone used it? Is it not recommended? Is that just for Pre+'s? I'm running a first gen Sprint Pre.
    Thanks!
    Screenstate @ 500/1000 works great. I'm currently using that setting myself. Try it out and see how it works for you.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Screenstate @ 500/1000 works great. I'm currently using that setting myself. Try it out and see how it works for you.
    I'm giving it a try right now. We'll see how it works. Thanks!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast