Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #81  
    I'm still rocking conservative 500-720 Mhz with up threshold set to 40% and down threshold set to 20% with a sampling rate of 1 second.

Remarkably stable and no negative (or positive) effect upon battery life as far as I can tell.

Love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyaden24 View Post
    is there a website where there's a walkthrough of this app with all the different govenors?
    Uhhh I second that. All this seems a tad confusing.
    read here
    Application:Govnah - WebOS Internals

all governors explained, except Arnold
  4.    #84  
    Updated both uberkernel and Govnah today...

I'm still using conservative 500 mhz - 720 mhz with an up threshold of 40% and a down threshold of 20%. Sampling rate is 1 second. The only change is that I have enabled Compache with memlimit set at 48 mb.

With my old uberkernel settings, I would get a TMC error on my Sprint Pre every time I tried to open Jump O'Clock without rebooting.

Not any more with compache enabled.
    anyone still monitoring this forum? i have found a very good profile that saves a ton of battery and runs very smoothly.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    anyone still monitoring this forum? i have found a very good profile that saves a ton of battery and runs very smoothly.
    Care to share it with the rest of the class?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Please share your settings!! Have been playing with various ones and haven't found "it" yet...
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    yes, please share.
    Verizon Wireless Palm Pre Plus 1.4.5
    UberKernal 1.0 GHz
    We're all ears...

What a tease.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    i believe i spoke too soon. as for running on wifi my settings are excellent. using verizon signal, well lets just say im not impressed. i was running almost 10% battery drain on verizon but on wifi i was running closer to 5%. i know using wifi saves battery but i didnt realize it was that much. either way, when running wifi here are the settings ive found to be quite nice,

conservative
    1 sec
    60%
    25%
    false
    50%
    true
    64mb

sorry for not giving the whole thing, im in a hurry, but im going to try and find that ideal setting, as i am a tweaker
    tomorrow ill be running the same setup but bumping up the min freq to 500. 250 is just too laggy. but i am liking the up/down threshold, its seems to be ideal at least for my habits.
    after bumping to 500 the phone is perfect. period.
    i believe i spoke too soon. as for running on wifi my settings are excellent. using verizon signal, well lets just say im not impressed. i was running almost 10% battery drain on verizon but on wifi i was running closer to 5%. i know using wifi saves battery but i didnt realize it was that much. either way, when running wifi here are the settings ive found to be quite nice,

conservative
    1 sec
    60%
    25%
    false
    50%
    true
    64mb

sorry for not giving the whole thing, im in a hurry, but im going to try and find that ideal setting, as i am a tweaker
    Hi,
    I am going to try these settings. I have tried alot of the screenstates but they just seem to use a little more battery than I would like. I am hoping to find an equal balance between speed and battery. I will let you know how these settings work for me.
    Thanks,
    Cheeseman
    as for performance this setting is the best ive found. as for battery, eh, its probably not the best. but i do leave too many cards open during the day so its probably doing the best it can for what its got. im going to stick to this one. lemme know how it works for you!
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I can't change mine everytime I try to change it my Pre freezes and I have to remove the battery. So I'm stuck in userstate.
    Did you ever find a solution for this?

After getting a re-furb Pre, (bad keyboard), and re-loading Govnah & uberkernal, I'm having the same issue.

Going to try and remove and reinstall and see if that helps...

conservative
    1 sec
    60%
    25%
    false
    50%
    true
    64mb

I used to use similar settings on my verizon Pre Plus but I've seen even lower battery usage/drain (<2.8% idle) even without wifi by keeping the minimum at 500. Seems odd, but I think the phone completes work in the queue faster and sleeps for longer periods that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by icedmocha View Post
    I used to use similar settings on my verizon Pre Plus but I've seen even lower battery usage/drain (<2.8% idle) even without wifi by keeping the minimum at 500. Seems odd, but I think the phone completes work in the queue faster and sleeps for longer periods that way.
    Hello,

I tried these settings and they work great but battery life is not to great. I am just going to stick with Screenstate 800/500. Seems ok for now.

Cheeseman
    I'm using a VZW Pre Plus. Screenstate 500/800 destroyed my battery life (talking less than 4 hours screen off), so I changed to 250/800 and I'm really digging it. 125/800 works for me, but isn't fast enough for streaming audio which is important to me. I love my pre! Overclocked it is way faster than my iTouch 3G! Compache seems to speed it up with 32 Mb, but I've never had a TMC error anyway... lucky me.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I'm having issues selecting my Govnah profile after the latest update. Anyone else have this problem? It keeps going to Palm Default.
    I had issues, as well, after updating to 1.4.5... This is what I did to remedy it. (It worked for me, but I cannot vouch that this is necessary to get it to work properly).

1) I deleted Govnah and Uberkernel using Preware. (Actually, I think I tried to delete Uberkernel, but I'm ot sure if I was able to do it using Preware, but it did seem to disappear from my phhone.)
    2) I installed Palm Kernel from Preware (required phone re-start)
    3) I installed Uberkernal from Preware (required phone re-start)
    4) I installed Govnah from preware
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast