Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdogokc View Post
    FAQ states that temp is not monitored when app is closed.
    Does closing the app stop the scaling?

FAQ states that scaling will not stick on reset.
    Does scaling begin as soon as the app opens after a reset?

(or do you have to "tell" it to start scaling. I noticed as soon as I opened it after a reset that my last profile was up and that scaling was registering at 800)
    No closing the app does not stop the scaling it just stops updating the temp of your CPU. Upon restart you open up Govnah, recently profiles were added, you select your profile of choice and the settings you have selected for that profile will automatically start.
    Screenstate

500-800MHz

Temps hover 35-37.
    Haven't had a full battery though yet. Been off the TS all day.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Switched from userspace 500/800/800 to performance 250/800. I had issues with my userspace profile randomly switching to unknown found myself having to switch back frequently. Performance seems to stay "permanently" at 800mhz. I'm likin' it.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnydonny View Post
    Switched from userspace 500/800/800 to performance 250/800. I had issues with my userspace profile randomly switching to unknown found myself having to switch back frequently. Performance seems to stay "permanently" at 800mhz. I'm likin' it.
    This is not a random thing with userspace. Userspace means luna/webos is controlling it.

(From what I've heard, it clocks it to 600 when you open a sdl app and back to 500 when you close it.)
    Screenstate, 500/800

The performance improvement of 800 is amazing and may have saved my Pre's life as I was getting close to hurling it at a wall because of all the lag/jerkiness.

I'm definitely plowing through battery @ 800... looking forward to the Palm Kernal bug fix to allow dropping to lower frequencies when screen is off.

Temp seems to stay between 32 and 38 most of the time.

At this point, I don't care if there's a risk of the phone catching on fire, I will never go back to 500
    Hey all,

I have mine set to Screenstate - 500/800, but when I check the graph after the screen has been off for about 5 minutes or so, the graph and digital readout are at 800 and look like they have been the whole 5 mins.

Anyone else having this issue?

-Prelover29
    I don't think Govnah refreshes/logs when the screen is off.... and whenever the screen is on, it's running @ 800.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    I don't think Govnah refreshes/logs when the screen is off.... and whenever the screen is on, it's running @ 800.
    It records data internally while its open, weather it's the active card or not.

But it doesn't update the view when its not the active card.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I use screenstate 250/800.
    I'd use ondemand, but even after my last overhaul/repair, Govnah freezes when I select ondemand.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I use screenstate 250/800.
    I'd use ondemand, but even after my last overhaul/repair, Govnah freezes when I select ondemand.
    So use Conservative w/Freq Step set to 100%...set the top speed to what you want when using it, and you're good to go.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Screen state 500-800MHz... nice and simple. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    a little off topic but does the newest version of govnah save your settings after a reboot? i went back to SPK and now finally came back to uber hoping this would be fixed by now.
    Nope... it does that to avoid the risk of getting stuck in a "oops, crap, reboot, crap, reboot, crap, reboot" cycle.

After a restart, pop open Govnah, select profile, close Govnah, and rock out.
    Sticky profiles are on the roadmap.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    amazing,after 1 hour of non stop use,,i only burned threw 11 percent battery.
    LOL i was on the pot before i knew it i was through 11% of my battery i have mine locked in at 800 though
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    screenstate is not working for me: it goes to a higher freq. if screen is off and lower with screen on..

userspace is running always on the higher freq. without changes..
    Govnah 0.4.2 is released, with support for sticky profiles.

See the Govnah thread for more details.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I've noticed a lot more restarts with the newest version using the screenstate and 720 default profiles.
    Verizon Wireless Palm Pre Plus 1.4.5
    UberKernal 1.0 GHz
    Governor: Screenstate
    Min: 500
    Max: 800

I've experimented with other governors and they don't provide the same fluid experience. Truthfully, the CPU doesn't even consume that much battery in comparison to data radios so I went for what was best temperature wise as well as "some" data conservation while not in use.

The reason for not going as low as 125/250 clock speeds is because I heard that it could actually harm your battery life. The reasoning behind it is that if you have a lower clock speed then whenever the data radio is pulling data then the lower clock speed would force the data radio to stay on longer which in turn consumes more battery. I don't know if that made sense, but it seems plausible to me. Plus I had a one second wake up time whenever I hit the power button with 125MHz.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    amazing,after 1 hour of non stop use,,i only burned threw 11 percent battery.
    Wow.... I spend one hour of non stop use and burn through 30%+ of battery....

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast