Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458590919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    the stable version of uberkernal doesn't allow for OClocking .
    I beg to differ. You may want to update your knowledge of the status of the stable UberKernels on various devices ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I beg to differ. You may want to update your knowledge of the status of the stable UberKernels on various devices ...

-- Rod
    hmmm... I thought that's what you told me.. :-( ..

Well back to reading

Edit: yeah,

Pre 3 can't select a Max Freq greater 1.024Ghz in Govnah - odd hardware version D1

Its from 2 mos ago though :/ still back to reading

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by sketch42; 01/04/2012 at 05:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    hmmm... I thought that's what you told me.. :-( ..

Well back to reading

Edit: yeah,

Pre 3 can't select a Max Freq greater 1.024Ghz in Govnah - odd hardware version D1

Its from 2 mos ago though :/
    Yep, 2 months ago that was correct.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Running Govnah 1.3.9 and Uber-Kernel 3.0.4-88 on a Touchpad 32gb and OnDemandTcl 1728 profile. Swift and stable and cool [23 degs. C]. Thanks SO MUCH to all ye who've hacked this goodness into being.
    davidtm likes this.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Well yes I'm new here but I have done this a few times...

I've installed Govnah 1.3.9 and Uber-Kernel 3.0.4-88 on two different TP's. On one of them I performed a "secure full erase" (I did this to set it up from stock again, to give to one of my kids).

Upon trying to re-install apps, I was finding (oddly) that some things were still applied. I re-installed Govnah but the system will not let me install the UK. I keep getting an error. I have also restarted between installs.

No love
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomween1 View Post
    I've installed Govnah 1.3.9 and Uber-Kernel 3.0.4-88 on two different TP's. On one of them I performed a "secure full erase" (I did this to set it up from stock again, to give to one of my kids).

Upon trying to re-install apps, I was finding (oddly) that some things were still applied. I re-installed Govnah but the system will not let me install the UK. I keep getting an error. I have also restarted between installs.
    A full erase does not re-initialise the OS. Do a webOS Doctor.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    A full erase does not re-initialise the OS. Do a webOS Doctor.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod. Didn't need to do the Dr, like an ***** I missed a somewhat important step... selecting a profile
    Hi,

I have a UK pre3 (lucky me, I did buy and pass some on for developers !).

Govnah 1.3.9

Warthog 37

Oveclocking is all fine but I can't select compressed swap. If I go into advanced settings from the profiles the options is greyed out.

I de-installed and re-installed both the kernel and govnah but still no joy.

What have I messed up ? And sorry !

thanks
    Running F105-88 on a Pre+.
    Just noticed there is a "lagfree" governor, but the Govnah help button has no description for it. I'm curious to know what that governor does, so adding that would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    how does one get the Palm default profile and UberKernel profiles to all show up together in Govnah as profile options?

i removed/reinstalled Govnah and the Palm default profile didn't show up, so i manually restarted the machine in options and nothing changed. i removed the UberKernel package that was there, restarted the machine, and checked Govnah - operating profile is now Palm default. so fine, Palm default is there.

i reinstalled UberKernel with the hopes that 4 profiles will be available in Govnah:

Palm default
    UK default

it rebooted and still only the 3 UK profiles are showing; the Palm default profile has disappeared again :sigh:

i have tried to install from Preware the Default kernel and all it does it override the UK profile options.

am i missing something? i am pretty confident i had all 4 available before i removed/reinstalled post-OS update.
    I had two Palm Default profiles when I first updated (via doctor). Then I installed Uber and only had UberKernel Default. Not really sure why this happens, but I always run my own profile anyway so it doesn't bother me that much.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I had two Palm Default profiles when I first updated (via doctor). Then I installed Uber and only had UberKernel Default. Not really sure why this happens, but I always run my own profile anyway so it doesn't bother me that much.
    that sorta happened to me. after i ran the update, i had two 1.5 UK profiles along with 1.7, the UK default and palm default. then, i removed it all, since it was not normal to have the same exact 1.5 profiles present, reinstalled with current stuff and ended up with just 3 profiles, all UK...and then it began as per my last post.

so weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
    that sorta happened to me. after i ran the update, i had two 1.5 UK profiles along with 1.7, the UK default and palm default. then, i removed it all, since it was not normal to have the same exact 1.5 profiles present, reinstalled with current stuff and ended up with just 3 profiles, all UK...and then it began as per my last post.

so weird.
    Uninstall Govnah, reboot, reinstall Govnah.

-- Rod
    thanks Rod.

yeah, i tried that previously. i feel as if i've tried every possible order or removing/rebooting everything re: Govnah and UK and Palm default kernel and still can only get either the palm default as the available profile in Govnah, or the 3 UK profiles available...not all 4 available at once.
    thanks Rod.

yeah, i tried that previously. i feel as if i've tried every possible order or removing/rebooting everything re: Govnah and UK and Palm default kernel and still can only get either the palm default as the available profile in Govnah, or the 3 UK profiles available...not all 4 available at once.
    If you have the Palm kernel installed and active, you will see the Palm Default predefined profile. If you have the UberKernel installed and active, you will see the UberKernel compatible predefined profiles. You can always create your own custom profiles in addition.

What else are you expecting to see?

-- Rod
    How's Govnah in relation to the 3.0.5 update? Good to go, or should I hold off on updating?
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Good to go!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you have the Palm kernel installed and active, you will see the Palm Default predefined profile. If you have the UberKernel installed and active, you will see the UberKernel compatible predefined profiles. You can always create your own custom profiles in addition.

What else are you expecting to see?

-- Rod
    Thanks.

I am expecting to see all 4 available as selectable profiles in Govnah.

Prior to the OS update and other updates, I had the Palm default listed in Govnah as a selectable profile along with the UberKernel profiles. Once I updated the OS and updated all my feeds, etc., I could not get the Palm default to show up as a selectable profile if the UberKernel profile set is downloaded. Govnah will either only show one, Palm default, or three - the 3 UK profiles. I can't get all 4 to show at once. I checked with a few other users and they seem to have Palm default, UK 1.5, UK 1.7 and UK default in their profile mix, but not me.

It ideally isn't a huge deal but I am perplexed as to why some machines will allow Palm default to stick as a selectable option even if UK is downloaded, but mine won't.
    Thanks.

I am expecting to see all 4 available as selectable profiles in Govnah.

Prior to the OS update and other updates, I had the Palm default listed in Govnah as a selectable profile along with the UberKernel profiles. Once I updated the OS and updated all my feeds, etc., I could not get the Palm default to show up as a selectable profile if the UberKernel profile set is downloaded. Govnah will either only show one, Palm default, or three - the 3 UK profiles. I can't get all 4 to show at once. I checked with a few other users and they seem to have Palm default, UK 1.5, UK 1.7 and UK default in their profile mix, but not me.

It ideally isn't a huge deal but I am perplexed as to why some machines will allow Palm default to stick as a selectable option even if UK is downloaded, but mine won't.
    You do know that the Palm Default is always the same settings as the UberKernel Default, right?

-- Rod
    thanks, but i am not sure how that highlights why some people are (including myself, but before updating everything) able to keep all 4 as selectable profiles, but i can only have default, or UK's profiles.

i understand functionally my quest might not be relevant, and maybe that is why you suggested what you have, but this is a different issue - the inconsistencies between machines are worth the search on my end.