Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44848990919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Advanced Settings -> CPU Frequency -> Screenstate Enable

-- Rod
    Thank you kind sir. I'm still in Gingi and I'll look into that when I reboot back over.

Regards

edit: love the new setting! Stable F4 at 1.836 since last update
    Last edited by nomadph; 11/12/2011 at 03:44 AM. Reason: added info
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I am running Uberkernal-23 and the latest Govnah 1.3.7 on my pre3 (from the beta feeds) and over the last few days battery life began to really decline. I noticed that the CPU was running flat out all the time, even though I had set the speed to be limited with the screen off. I tried going back to the Palm default kernal, but it didn't really change the flat out running all the time. I minimized the number of patches etc, trying to isolate the problem.

I was just about to Doctor when I decided to drop back to Govnah 1.2.3 Now I seem to be back to a very pleasent 2% battery use per hour and CPU rates that vary accross time in a reasonable manner. i have tried to be scientific about isloating things to find the culprit, but right now I gotta suspect Govnah 1.3.7. N.B. I dont play with any of the default setting except cpu speeds, no playing with voltages or nuttin like that.

Just my observation, wondering if others might observe the same.

BTW, there is a bug in Exhibition mode where the graphing stops moving, I can't get the graphing to move again without a reboot. Anyone got another solution or also seeing that?

Thanks always for all you guys hard work.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    @webOS Internals guys,

Using Govnah v1.3.8 and Mode Switcher v2.5.4 here. I have a Touchstone modifier profile set up in MS to change my Govnah profile to lock in a lower CPU speed (to avoid overheating) while on the Touchstone. Over the course of time and many uninstalls/reinstalls of Govnah and/or Mode Switcher, I have added and delete many Govnah profiles. However, the Govnah profile list in Mode Switcher (when adding/modifying the service) contains many old Govnah profiles that I do not actually have in Govnah any more.

See this post and the few after it for more info and a couple of screen captures I did - http://forums.precentral.net/enlight...ml#post3255037

@sconix says that the Govnah service is sending a different list of profiles to Mode Switcher than it is to the Govnah application.

Please advise. Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    @webOS Internals guys,

Using Govnah v1.3.8 and Mode Switcher v2.5.4 here. I have a Touchstone modifier profile set up in MS to change my Govnah profile to lock in a lower CPU speed (to avoid overheating) while on the Touchstone. Over the course of time and many uninstalls/reinstalls of Govnah and/or Mode Switcher, I have added and delete many Govnah profiles. However, the Govnah profile list in Mode Switcher (when adding/modifying the service) contains many old Govnah profiles that I do not actually have in Govnah any more.

See this post and the few after it for more info and a couple of screen captures I did - http://forums.precentral.net/enlight...ml#post3255037

@sconix says that the Govnah service is sending a different list of profiles to Mode Switcher than it is to the Govnah application.

Please advise. Thanks!!
    Govnah has all profiles for all kernels internally. It only displays those that are compatible with the current running kernel. The service returns all profiles and assumes the client filters them appropriately.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Govnah has all profiles for all kernels internally. It only displays those that are compatible with the current running kernel. The service returns all profiles and assumes the client filters them appropriately.

-- Rod
    Cool. Thanks!
    New issue: My "Performance 600" profile in Govnah does still have CPU temperature limiting configured. When sitting on the Touchstone, the CPU does get quite warm especially when I'm running freeTether. The issue I am seeing is that when the temperature hits its limit and automatically slows the CPU down to 300 MHz, the Profile in Govnah switches itself to "Unknown" all on its own. Sometimes it does it on slowdown, and sometimes it does the switch on temp reset when the CPU speeds back up again. Seems random. Why for, how come?? Please advise. Thanks!
    Last edited by SilvrDrgn; 12/01/2011 at 10:58 AM.
    I'm running Govnah 1.3.8 and the "help" does nothing... I wanted to generate an email to help with my next question. I'm running a Pre+ with 2.1.

My real question is i'm running F105-88 and i can't seem to load the default "Screenstate2 500/1005" profile. I can tap on it repeatedly, and it brings me back to the main Govnah page, but it doesn't change anything. I'm running an SSV3 profile with ondemand enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I'm running Govnah 1.3.8 and the "help" does nothing... I wanted to generate an email to help with my next question. I'm running a Pre+ with 2.1.

My real question is i'm running F105-88 and i can't seem to load the default "Screenstate2 500/1005" profile. I can tap on it repeatedly, and it brings me back to the main Govnah page, but it doesn't change anything. I'm running an SSV3 profile with ondemand enabled.
    On my TouchPad, the Help menu item takes you to the Help screen, from where you hit "Generate Email" and that opens up an Email composition screen with the details.

What happens for you?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    On my TouchPad, the Help menu item takes you to the Help screen, from where you hit "Generate Email" and that opens up an Email composition screen with the details.

What happens for you?

-- Rod
    Nothing happens. I hit help, the app menu slides up. thats all.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Nothing happens. I hit help, the app menu slides up. thats all.
    Sounds like a corrupted install. Anyone else having the same issue?

-- Rod
    Sounds like a corrupted install. Anyone else having the same issue?

-- Rod
    Must have been corrupt. Uninstall/reboot/reinstall fixed the generate email issue.

It still won't switch to the "Screenstate2 500/1005" profile though. I did try "disable profile"/reboot, and it was still on my "SSv3 tuned" profile after reboot.

Here's the generated text:
    proc_version: Linux version 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 (v2.1.0-88@org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-pre) (gcc version 4.3.3 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q1-203) ) #3 Sun Dec 11 18:56:16 HST 2011
    Current:

From Service:
    Governor: screenstate-v3
    Scheduler: deadline
    Congestion: westwood
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 1.005 GHz
    vdemand factor: 2
    vdemand enable: true
    charger override: false
    charger poll rate: 3
    vdemand poll rate: 100
    ondemand enable: false
    CPU Voltage: 69 67 65 63 48
    System Voltage: 47
    temp limit: 50 C
    temp reset: 47 C
    temp scaleback: 500 MHz
    batt low thresh: 20 %
    batt low speed: 500 MHz
    compcache enabled: false
    compcache memlimit: 16 MB

Files:

cpufreq_file
    description "Govnah Settings"

start on stopped finish

script

[ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevBootPanicked`" = "false" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevShutdownClean`" = "true" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m -n com.palm.system last_umount_clean`" = "true" ] || exit 0

echo -n 'screenstate-v2' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo -n '500000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo -n '1005000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

end script

compcache_file
    cat: can't open '/var/palm/event.d/org.webosinternals.govnah-compcache': No such file or directory

Profiles:

(1) Screenstate 500/1000 v12
    Governor: screenstate
    max freq: 1 GHz
    (2) Screenstate 500/800 v12
    Governor: screenstate
    max freq: 800 MHz
    (3) Fixed Speed 800 v12
    Governor: performance
    min freq: 800 MHz
    (4) Fixed Speed 720 v12
    min freq: 720 MHz
    max freq: 720 MHz
    (5) Fixed Speed 600 v12
    min freq: 600 MHz
    max freq: 600 MHz
    (6) UberKernel Default v12
    Governor: userspace
    min freq: 125 MHz
    max freq: 1 GHz
    setspeed: 500 MHz
    (7) VDemand 1005 v19
    Governor: vdemand
    (8) Screenstate2 500/800 v12
    Governor: screenstate-v2
    (9) Screenstate2 500/1005 v12
    (10) Screenstate2 500/1100 v15
    max freq: 1.1 GHz
    (11) F104A Default v15
    Governor: ondemand
    max freq: 1.1 GHz
    sampling rate: 0.2 Sec
    up threshold: 80 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    (12) OnDemandTcl 1200 v13
    Governor: ondemandtcl
    max freq: 1.2 GHz
    (13) Warthog Default v12
    max freq: 1.05 GHz
    (14) Palm Default v12
    max freq: 600 MHz
    (15) SSv3 tuned
    Governor: screenstate-v3
    vdemand factor: 2
    vdemand enable: true
    charger override: false
    charger poll rate: 3
    vdemand poll rate: 100
    ondemand enable: false
    CPU Voltage: 69 67 65 63 48
    System Voltage: 47
    temp limit: 50 C
    temp reset: 47 C
    temp scaleback: 500 MHz
    batt low thresh: 20 %
    batt low speed: 500 MHz
    compcache enabled: false
    compcache memlimit: 16 MB
    io scheduler: deadline
    hello gents,
    I have the uberkernel 1.4.5-178 and govnah 1.2.3 installed. It happens randomly that my governor setting become oevritten by a "unknkown" setting witch is not only unknown but also very bad for my accu durability (the pre get hot and the accu empies quickly).

someone else with the same problem?

merry christmas !
    What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence.
    can someone tell me if there is something wrong (and what.
    at&t pre 3, webos 2.2.4 (latest update). installed govnah (1.2.3 uk-38)and decided to install uberkernel (2.2.4-38). restarted- twice- and in govhah, i only see 'palm default- ondemandtcl' listed on one line; there is no other profile (e.g. the '1512' mentioned is some posts). when selected, the govnah main screen says 'unknown' as the current profile, even when select 'palm default'.
    shouldn't there be two profiles listed?
    thx

uninstalled both & reinstalled UK first & same thing.
    Doesn't sound like there's anything wrong, just make your own profile via the advanced settings menu.
    so, UK does not come with any profiles of its own (i did read it doesn't come with as many as with the original pre UK)? most who responded in another thread says there should be two, one of them being ondemandtcl 1512. is that not correct?
    It seems to differ from kernel to kernel. I've used some that don't have any profiles except for Palm Default/<Kernel>Default and some that have those plus a bunch of OnDemandTcl ones. I've also experienced the Unknown thing, which I believe happens when the profile selected can't be fully applied, i.e. some of the settings aren't supported by the kernel currently in use.
    As I said, nothing to worry about. If you like I can PM/post a profile that I've found gives a good balance between battery life and speed.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    As I said, nothing to worry about. If you like I can PM/post a profile that I've found gives a good balance between battery life and speed.
    thanks, that would be great.
    Okey doke. I call it Sensibly Speedy, it provides a nice balance between speed, battery life and device temperature.
    Governor: ondemandtcl
    Min Freq: 368.64mhz
    Max Freq: 1.6896ghz
    Sampling Rate: 0.2 sec
    Up Threshold: 95%
    Down Differential: 3
    Ignore Nice Load: False
    Powersave Bias: 0
    Max Tickle Window: 3 sec
    Min Tickle Window: 3 sec
    Screen off max freq: 368.64mhz
    Screenstate enable: True
    Leave voltages as stock
    Compressed Swap: Disabled (I have the Disable Compcache and Enable Linux Swap patch installed, so you may want this on if you don't have it, set to 24Mb)
    I/O Scheduler: SIO
    TCP Congestion: Westwood
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    I've been trying to apply some of the faster kernals but only had the uberkernal 1.5g option now there is the 1.7 option in the governor but when I select it, just does the 1.5 I really wish I could fig this out I tried to enter the test feeds but it doesn't let you anymore I wonder if there is a way to get some more of the kernals or do I need to give up P.S. GO WebOS
    I've been trying to apply some of the faster kernals but only had the uberkernal 1.5g option now there is the 1.7 option in the governor but when I select it, just does the 1.5 I really wish I could fig this out I tried to enter the test feeds but it doesn't let you anymore I wonder if there is a way to get some more of the kernals or do I need to give up P.S. GO WebOS
    the stable version of uberkernal doesn't allow for OClocking .

For testing feeds goto http://testing.preware.org

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities