Page 93 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4383888990919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Rod,

Did you see the thread in the main TP forum, about a 1.7Ghz Profile showing up in Govnah, with the new beta 3.04 Uberkernel, BUT that profile isnt selectable?

Bug? Semi-hidden feature? Thanks.
    Anyone have any news on the new "I/O is busy" parameter? Any testing on if its helpful?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    UberKernel 3.0.4-68 and Govnah 1.2.3 are released.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    While trying to find govnah in preware I got this " pkg-list Exception: typeError: Object false has no method 'toLowerCase' "

The only other post I found with this problem was really old. I did a Device Restart" and everything's o.k. now.
    You plug your phone in?
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    While trying to find govnah in preware I got this " pkg-list Exception: typeError: Object false has no method 'toLowerCase' "

The only other post I found with this problem was really old. I did a Device Restart" and everything's o.k. now.
    Thanks for reporting it. That usually indicates either an error in a package in your saved packages list, or an error in one of the feeds.

I'd advise updating your saved package list to make sure it is current.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Dear,

what is the differences between Uberkernel Default and Palm Default profiles?? both of them will only point back to unberkernel defaul??
    Quote Originally Posted by locbuondoi View Post
    Dear,

what is the differences between Uberkernel Default and Palm Default profiles?? both of them will only point back to unberkernel defaul??
    For the TouchPad, there is no difference. For other devices, there is.

-- Rod
    anyone have any ideas why no profiles show up in Govnah ?? tried uninstalling/reinstalling... restarting... uninstalling the kernals (UberKernal/F4 Phantom)... everything... reinstalling... no workie now.. doesnt even show the Palm Default one...

on one TP, 3.0.4 + Govnah + UberKernel worked perfectly at 1.5GHz.. then i got jumpy and wanted to try the beta ones and installed beta test feed.. uninstalled UK and installed F4 Phantom... restarted... now nothing shows up in profile

on another TP, not sure what the owner has done... 3.0.4... i installed Govnah and UK... no profiles showed up...

any ideas how to restore that??
    Last edited by iandroo888; 10/24/2011 at 12:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Thanks for reporting it. That usually indicates either an error in a package in your saved packages list, or an error in one of the feeds.

I'd advise updating your saved package list to make sure it is current.

-- Rod
    I am having the same problem with searches in Preware after upgrading to 3.0.4. I have had the testing feeds disabled for a month (and never actually installed anything from them).
    An older post suggested enabling, then disabling the testing feeds. This didn't work. Saving the package list, updating, and a device restart didn't work either.
    Palm Pilot Pro > Handspring Visorphone > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > Pre Plus > Droid Pro & Touchpad
    Hey guys I can't seem to find Govnah in Preware.What am I doing wrong?Thanks!
    I have the Warthog Kernel 2.2.3-8 installed on my Pre3 and Govnah 1.2.5 installed. When I launch Govnah, I see options for OnDemandTcl 1537 through 1901. However, when I attempt to select one of the options, the selection is reverted back to 'Palm Default'.

Is there something else I need to do in order to be able to select one of the overclock profiles?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeguychicago View Post
    I have the Warthog Kernel 2.2.3-8 installed on my Pre3 and Govnah 1.2.5 installed. When I launch Govnah, I see options for OnDemandTcl 1537 through 1901. However, when I attempt to select one of the options, the selection is reverted back to 'Palm Default'.

Is there something else I need to do in order to be able to select one of the overclock profiles?

Thanks!
    Go into Advanced Settings and create your own profile.

-- Rod
    I went into advanced settings, and went through each of the governor selections. For each of the selections, the highest the max freq setting can be configured is 1.4016GHz; not any of the settings offered by Warthog.

Is there something else I need to check/enable to get the Warthog values to appear?

Thanks for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeguychicago View Post
    I went into advanced settings, and went through each of the governor selections. For each of the selections, the highest the max freq setting can be configured is 1.4016GHz; not any of the settings offered by Warthog.

Is there something else I need to check/enable to get the Warthog values to appear?

Thanks for the help!
    Sounds like you have not rebooted the device since installing the kernel.

Check that Govnah says "Warthog" in the top right of the main screen. Post a screenshot to confirm please.

-- Rod
    Govnah 1.2.7 in the beta feeds has a significant change in the way that profiles are stored.

If you are beta testing it, you will need to uninstall Govnah to remove all your existing profiles, and then recreate them in Govnah 1.2.7

I may or may not work out a way to do this automatically before the stable feed release.

-- Rod
    Uninstalled old govnah.
    Installed 1.2.7
    Recreated my old test profile.

"Disable profile"? in the app menu? Don't recall that before.

- T
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Uninstalled old govnah.
    Installed 1.2.7
    Recreated my old test profile.

"Disable profile"? in the app menu? Don't recall that before.

- T
    1.2.3 here - I see Disable Profile only if I am on the profiles screen. If that's where you are talking about it's not new and has been there for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    1.2.3 here - I see Disable Profile only if I am on the profiles screen. If that's where you are talking about it's not new and has been there for a while.
    I guess I just missed it.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    i just upgraded to the latest govnah and using the latest F4 kernel. am i suppose to see an option for ondemand-ng? maybe i'm missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadph View Post
    i just upgraded to the latest govnah and using the latest F4 kernel. am i suppose to see an option for ondemand-ng? maybe i'm missing something?
    Advanced Settings -> CPU Frequency -> Screenstate Enable

-- Rod