Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 428287888990919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    After I installed new govnah (1.0.9 from preware), every thing was ok, but now I restarted the device and the option for 1.5 ghz has gone. I have only palm default. I reinstalled the uber kernel and govnah and nothing has changed. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whpgab View Post
    After I installed new govnah (1.0.9 from preware), every thing was ok, but now I restarted the device and the option for 1.5 ghz has gone. I have only palm default. I reinstalled the uber kernel and govnah and nothing has changed. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    I bet you installed the Android ipkg which kills kernel changes until you doctor.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by CannedChaos View Post
    If I understand correctly (and I very likely don't), the settings are meant to be set in cpu/cpufreq/override and are inherited by both cores so I'm not sure why govnah requests the nonexistent /cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor.
    scaling_governor is not in the override directory. You can only set it in the cpu-specific directories, one of which disappears when the second core goes offline.

Govnah forces the second core online immediately before it writes to second-core-specific parameters (like scaling_governor), but it seems that something is still shutting it down again in the miniscule time period between when Govnah forces the core online and when Govnah writes the value.

I don't have a solution for that. Opinions and suggestions welcome. Make sure you fully understand exactly where everything is before offering suggestions, thanks.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I bet you installed the Android ipkg which kills kernel changes until you doctor.

-- Rod
    Your are right. Just uninstalled it, and now it is working. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by whpgab View Post
    Your are right. What should I do, uninstall Android ipkg?
    That won't fix it. People are doctoring to fix it. Talk to the author about it.

-- Rod
    I just purchased a brand new Pre Plus. Yes, a brand new, unopened Pre Plus.

I immediately installed Preware and Govnah. When I opened Govnah it was still only giving me the same profile options that it did on my Pixi Plus (ondemandTcl 806, etc...). None of the screenstate options (500/1000, etc...) are showing on the profile page.

Suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by leebae View Post

I immediately installed Preware and Govnah. When I opened Govnah it was still only giving me the same profile options that it did on my Pixi Plus (ondemandTcl 806, etc...). None of the screenstate options (500/1000, etc...) are showing on the profile page.

Suggestions?

You don't say what kernel you have installed. What EXACTLY does Govnah say in the upper-right corner?

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 10/12/2011 at 06:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by leebae View Post

Suggestions?
    did u install uberkernel?
    Sorry. Yes ubkernel was installed as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    You don't say what kernel you have installed. What EXACTLY does Govnah say in the upper-right corner?

M.
    UberKernel-178
    When you move to a new device, Govnah will remember the profiles that were active for your old device. Swipe to delete all the profiles in Govnah, then uninstall and reinstall it.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    When you move to a new device, Govnah will remember the profiles that were active for your old device. Swipe to delete all the profiles in Govnah, then uninstall and reinstall it.

-- Rod
    That worked perfectly. Thank you. I just set it for screenstate 500/1000. Do you have any other setting that you prefer?
    I also notice in the f4 kernel, that you can only change the voltage by 1mv, then exit the menu, then return to change it again. Will this be fixed
    Hey, all - I just installed the WebOS update on my Touchpad, and the 1.5 option is now gone. I haven't installed anything Android as suggested above - any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post
    Hey, all - I just installed the WebOS update on my Touchpad, and the 1.5 option is now gone. I haven't installed anything Android as suggested above - any ideas?
    https://twitter.com/#!/webosinternal...81753337253888

-- Rod
    So...it's too late and I'm boned?
    So...it's too late and I'm boned?
    FWIW 3.0.4 at stock is about equal to 3.0.2 at 1.5GHz.

You can always doctor to 3.0.2 if you want your patches/kernels back before they're updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by mnm1200 View Post
    FWIW 3.0.4 at stock is about equal to 3.0.2 at 1.5GHz.

You can always doctor to 3.0.2 if you want your patches/kernels back before they're updated.
    I guess I'm confused, so please bear with me. It sounded like - from the Tweet and these posts - that if I installed the WebOS updated, my patches/kernals re broken for good. However, from your post, it sounds like another patch (in addition to the govnah one that was also available today) will eventually fix it.

if its the second one, I'm totally cool waiting.
    I guess I'm confused, so please bear with me. It sounded like - from the Tweet and these posts - that if I installed the WebOS updated, my patches/kernals re broken for good. However, from your post, it sounds like another patch (in addition to the govnah one that was also available today) will eventually fix it.

if its the second one, I'm totally cool waiting.
    Patches may or may not break with the update to 3.0.4. Any that do break will start working again when their author puts a new, corrected version into Preware. Should probably take a few days for the bulk of the popular ones to show up. Ah, homebrew...
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    HP has released incorrect kernel source code for webOS 3.0.4, so kernels based on 3.0.4 source code will be delayed.

We released some kernels for 3.0.4 based on the 3.0.2 source code into the alpha and beta testing feeds. Note that the camera application breaks. Other things probably break too. Don't bother reporting things until we get the real 3.0.4 kernel source code.

We expect all alpha and beta testers (the only people who will see these 3.0.4 custom kernels built from 3.0.2 sources) to follow the threads in which I've posted this message. This is an obligation that people using the alpha and beta testing feeds accept when they add those feeds. See testing.preware.org for a list of your obligations.

-- Rod