Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41818687888990919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by namgod View Post
    Does any one have trouble with the "system voltage menu"? Can't get it to work.
    And remember kids, the key word here is "System" not "CPU".
    My crystal ball is having trouble seeing what device you have and what kernel you are using ... ;-)

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Sorry about that. it"s Verizon Pre+ running webos 2.1 (thank to you WebOS Internals guys). Govnah is v1.0.5 and uberkernel is 18.

My phone has 3g connection issues which are not as bad when I can bump up the system voltage. Since installing webos 2.1 I haven't been able to access the system voltage in Govnah.

Here's the menu tree:
    Main Screen > Tap the "Profile" line > Advanced Settings > CPU Frequency > Override Parameters - System Voltage > (this is where the weirdness starts).

thanks.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Hi - all - nice to meet you - bit of a newbie here with my Touchpad running webOS 3.0.2, Govnah 1.0.5 & UberKernel-52.

Is there anywhere that details exactly what the stats are displayed on Govnah?

Think I can figure CPU1/2 Frequency & Battery Temp...

But what about Battery Current (-928mA) - why is it a negative value?, Load Average (is this a Linux term for proc. utilization) over 5, 10, 15 minutes...? 2.03, 2.17, 2.15 - my > 2's no good for a dual core then? And Memory/Swap? Memory Swap file utilizations?

Thanks in advance...
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanEB View Post
    But what about Battery Current (-928mA) - why is it a negative value?, Load Average (is this a Linux term for proc. utilization) over 5, 10, 15 minutes...? 2.03, 2.17, 2.15 - my > 2's no good for a dual core then? And Memory/Swap? Memory Swap file utilizations?
    I assume you are not on AC power when you see the -928mA? If that's the case that's because the battery is discharging. When charging you should see a positive number there assuming your charger is keeping up with and exceeding demand.

Memory / Swap is showing how much of the system Memory is currently "in use" and how much of the swap space is in use.

Load Average is the Linux definition - which is best described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Load_(computing)
    voltage adjustment for the CPU and CPU temp on the touchpad would be awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostinator View Post
    voltage adjustment for the CPU and CPU temp on the touchpad would be awesome
    Voltage adjustment is avail in F15 and F4 kernels. Although only through sysfs currently.
    Live free or DIE!
    I mean in govnah, do you have any good references for messing with sysfs in the terminal?
    Sorry about that. it"s Verizon Pre+ running webos 2.1 (thank to you WebOS Internals guys). Govnah is v1.0.5 and uberkernel is 18.

My phone has 3g connection issues which are not as bad when I can bump up the system voltage. Since installing webos 2.1 I haven't been able to access the system voltage in Govnah.

Here's the menu tree:
    Main Screen > Tap the "Profile" line > Advanced Settings > CPU Frequency > Override Parameters - System Voltage > (this is where the weirdness starts).

thanks.
    Do you have a screenshot which show the "weirdness" ?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Do you have a screenshot which show the "weirdness" ?

-- Rod
    govnah_2011-18-09_181007.png

I don't have a host url for the screenshot so it is an attachment.

basically the "System Voltage" menu displays an empty box labeled "Frequencies".
    That seems pretty Weird?
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3

basically the "System Voltage" menu displays an empty box labeled "Frequencies".
    That seems pretty Weird?
    That happens when a kernel exposes the vdd2_vsel sysctl node but does not expose the vdd2_freq sysctl node.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    That happens when a kernel exposes the vdd2_vsel sysctl node but does not expose the vdd2_freq sysctl node.

-- Rod
    Is there a command line that can be use to have the kernel expose the node? Or better yet, a command line for adjusting the system voltage?

Thanks.
    For some reason I'm unable to save a profile on my tp. After a hour or so, govnah will revert back to ondemandtcl 1512 profile. And on restarts, it revert back to ondemandtcl 1512 as well. What am I doing wrong?

HP touchpad
    webOS 3.0.2
    uberkernel-52
    govnah v1.0.5
    Quote Originally Posted by rico2001 View Post
    For some reason I'm unable to save a profile on my tp. After a hour or so, govnah will revert back to ondemandtcl 1512 profile. And on restarts, it revert back to ondemandtcl 1512 as well. What am I doing wrong?

HP touchpad
    webOS 3.0.2
    uberkernel-52
    govnah v1.0.5
    Post the output of Help -> Generate Email.

-- Rod
    Post the output of Help -> Generate Email.

-- Rod
    Here you go

proc_version: Linux version 2.6.35-palm-tenderloin (v3.0.2-52@org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad) (gcc version 4.3.3 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q1-203) ) #2 SMP PREEMPT Mon Sep 5 22:19:10 HST 2011
    Current:
    From Service:
    Governor: ondemandtcl
    Scheduler: cfq
    Congestion: cubic
    min freq: 192 MHz
    max freq: 1.512 GHz
    sampling rate: 0.2 Sec
    up threshold: 90 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    max tickle window: 3 Sec
    max floor window: 3 Sec
    down differential: 3

Files:
    cpufreq_file
    description "Govnah Settings"

start on stopped finish

script

[ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevBootPanicked`" = "false" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevShutdownClean`" = "true" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m -n com.palm.system last_umount_clean`" = "true" ] || exit 0

echo -n '1' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online || true

echo -n 'ondemandtcl' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo -n 'ondemandtcl' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo -n '192000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo -n '192000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo -n '1512000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    echo -n '1512000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

end script

compcache_file
    cat: can't open '/var/palm/event.d/org.webosinternals.govnah-compcache': No such file or directory

Profiles:
    (1) OnDemandTcl 1512 v21
    (2) Palm Default v20
    max freq: 1.188 GHz
    up threshold: 95 %
    (5) Me
    up threshold: 90 %
    io scheduler: cfq

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad

That seems pretty Weird?
    Should be fixed in Govnah 1.0.8 in the beta feed soon. Please report if it fixes the problem and allows you to change the system voltage.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 09/22/2011 at 07:37 AM.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Should be fixed in Govnah 1.0.8 in the beta feed soon. Please report if it fixes the problem and allows you to change the system voltage.

-- Rod
    Thanks. I'll install govnah 1.0.8 beta when available and post the results.
    Hello I'm new here so forgive me if this has already been asked/discussed here before.

I seem to be having an issue with over clocking my TouchPad. When I follow the instructions via this link afterwards I go to restart the TouchPad but am instead presented with the airplane mode, shut down, and cancel options. I choose shut down then wait a minute and power the device back on. However when I relaunch the Govnah > profile> advanced settings> cpu frequency> max freq> the device is back to 1.188 GHz and I again have to choose 1.512GHz. How can I have the device stay at 1.512GHz regardless of if I shut it down/restart it?
    You should take a look at http://bit.ly/phd-ac for step by step instructions.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

-- Rod
    Ok... so I'm too lazy to activate the beta feed to download Govnah 1.0.8. But, on the plus side the [system voltage] settings work great in Govnah 1.0.9. Thanks.
    I'm not sure why bumping up the system voltage made the data connection more consistent. It turns out that my data connection problem was caused by an intermittent physical connection in the ribbon cable. Once I replaced the ribbon cable the phone performs great. Wish it had worked like this when it was new 18 months ago. All that is left is to get that darn keyboard to work right.

Thanks Again!
    Last edited by namgod; 10/07/2011 at 08:08 AM. Reason: add missing word
    Using F15C-78 with govnah 1.2.0 and it seems the old problem of one core "disappearing" is still there. If I activate power saver, then eventually CPU 2 displays 0 Mhz and at that point changing any advanced settings (such as toggling power saver, turbo mode, changing frequency) causes an "Unable to open /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor" error. The Profile also switches to "Unknown" at some point and cannot be changed. If govnah is restarted, CPU2 shows as N/A.

Checking in terminal, ls /sys/devices/system/cpu1/
    cpuidle online sleep-stats (and strangely, about 50% of the time also "topology", which seems to be rpesent consistently for cpu0)

If I understand correctly (and I very likely don't), the settings are meant to be set in cpu/cpufreq/override and are inherited by both cores so I'm not sure why govnah requests the nonexistent /cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor.

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu1/online

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/offline

Toggling power_saver to 0 via CLI doesn't make CPU2 tick again (in govnah). No amount of multitasking can bring it to life. Turning on turbo_mode doesn't help either.

But if I do:
    mpstat -P ALL
    CPU 0 %idle 56.77
    CPU 1 %idle 76.01

Then that basically looks alright. This seems to imply this is a Govnah issue and one which has caused a lot of confusion among users, to the point where unixpsycho has had to disable sensible dual core scheduling for all the whining. Let me know if there is any more data I can provide.

I also have another, smaller issue. If I try changing voltages, the selection popup is the miniature kind - it only has like 5 values in and is not scrollable so I can only change values by around 1mV. Come on, this is meant to be easier than doing it via commandline :P