Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39798485868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Im on webos 1.4.5. Hadnt checked preware in a wile, did the other day, updated govnah to 1.0.5. Screenstate doesnt turn on when i press it in advanced settings. When i try to make a new profile, i cant go above 600 MHz. Help? Thanks.

What kernel does Govnah say you are running (upper right corner)? Exact name AND version it reports.

M.
    I dont see that. Across the top of the main page, it says "govnah v1.0.5 palm" then "the advanced cpu controller"

Edit. Fixed. I dont know when my phone got rid of uberkernel but now its reinstalled. Thanks!
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 09/04/2011 at 04:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I installed Govnah w/kernal successfully last week. I thought everything was ok, I then updated govnah, so then I noticed that I cannot use data at all. I can make phone calls and use wi-fi. I have the data connection patch which puts it the device menu, but no matter what, when I click it on, then return it's off. There is no 3G icon displaying in the top bar. I also went into the phone icon, preferences, and noticed that the data usage is marked on. I did remove Govnah w/kernal and restarted, still no go. To be honest, I was fine w/o Govnah. Any advice??

I went to kitty's website and this is what they said:

BEWARE OF THE FOLLOWING

If you ever have to reprogram your Palm Pixi using *22890 SEND or *228 SEND, your data will probably be toggled back ON without your knowledge.

I think that this is what I did to get govnah to run
    Last edited by JennRN; 09/04/2011 at 12:09 PM.
    whenever I check Govnah, my 2nd core is ALWAYS at 0 MHz and I don't think it's ever on
    Hi blue337... please read through the Govnah thread as this has been discussed several times. One thing is that if you are using the test feeds, you must abide by certain rules posted on their wiki. Being sure to read through everything before asking is one of them.

Read this post and make sure you have the current version: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post3054026

But also make sure you read the first paragraph of this wiki also:
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds
  6. uk1
    I'm unable to see how to set Govnah to increase my TP above 1.5. Is there any way please or do I have to wait for a new profile to be released?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by uk1 View Post
    I'm unable to see how to set Govnah to increase my TP above 1.5. Is there any way please or do I have to wait for a new profile to be released?

Thanks.
    I would suggest you start off by purchasing the Preware Homebrew Documentation app found in the App Catalog.

That should explain just about all that you'll need to know to get started with webOS Homebrew (patches, kernels, apps, etc...)

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    You don't need to purchase anything to get to that speed, I don't know why he's misleading you that way. It's generally always helpful to read documentation so if you want to buy the documentation to get more details that's fine, but the answer to your question can be found by searching instead of buying something.
    Quote Originally Posted by lferrante View Post
    You don't need to purchase anything to get to that speed, I don't know why he's misleading you that way. It's generally always helpful to read documentation so if you want to buy the documentation to get more details that's fine, but the answer to your question can be found by searching instead of buying something.
    Sure they could read the forums, wikis, etc... and get to what ever they are after, but that doesn't mean that I am misleading anyone. Merely pointing someone to one of many resources on the subject which in turn does help support some of the people that provide homebrew to the community is far from misleading.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Sure they could read the forums, wikis, etc... and get to what ever they are after, but that doesn't mean that I am misleading anyone. Merely pointing someone to one of many resources on the subject which in turn does help support some of the people that provide homebrew to the community is far from misleading.
    Absolutely.
    If the searching skillsets were already successful; the question would not need to be asked.

While most of everyone here is actually helpful; a newcomer to the scene could spend $0.99 and get the basics down cold (and have a reference tool for future use) or spend the hour or so to properly peruse the forums to find all the information locations. I dont think you were misleading; just pointing out a handy dandy reference tool.

The fact that it also helps support the ecosystem is just another bonus!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by uk1 View Post

Thanks.

Quick and dirty version:

TouchPad Overclocking Benchmarks: Which Kernel is the fastest? | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

• Keep in mind, speed goes up, risk goes up.
    • UberKernel is considered to (generally) be the "stable" Kernel (no matter what device).
    • The other Kernels are considered "experimental" which means you should prepare yourself mentally and financially to have a molten piece of plastic and smoking silicon where your device once was with no complaints.
    • You should also have recovery methods memorized in the event you are one of the lucky ones that didn't have their device melt/burn, but it's still unable to boot.

M.
    MudShark22 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lferrante View Post
    How much do you value your time, and the time of the developers who provide the software to you for free?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    hello all,
    Here is an odd problem. After install webos 2.1 on my vz pre+ my system voltage settings no longer show up in Govnah. Unfortunately, I have to bump up the system voltage to get the 3g to work on this phone ( don't know why). My question is, is there a command line instruction that I can use to set/raise the system voltage since Govnah isn't able to at this point. Or is there a list of command line instructions that Govnah uses to accomplish system voltage changes.
    Thanks.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3 > Galaxy S7 edge
    You need to install a custom kernel which supports voltage changes.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Running Uberkernal now and before the switch to webos 2.1 when I could change system voltage. Is this function no longer supported in Uberkernal? Any suggestions on alternate kernals that support system voltage changes?

edit: I have no problem changing cpu voltage in Govnah.

Thanks.
    Last edited by namgod; 09/08/2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: additional info
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3 > Galaxy S7 edge
    Quote Originally Posted by namgod View Post
    Running Uberkernal now and before the switch to webos 2.1 when I could change system voltage. Is this function no longer supported in Uberkernal? Any suggestions on alternate kernals that support system voltage changes?
    In the upper-right corner of Govnah, what kernel version does it say you are running? EXACT version; type exactly what it says.

M.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    In the upper-right corner of Govnah, what kernel version does it say you are running? EXACT version; type exactly what it says.

M.
    Govnah v1.0.5 UberKernel-18
    Last edited by namgod; 09/08/2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: change misspelling of UberKernel
    Quote Originally Posted by namgod View Post
    Govnah v1.0.5 UberKernel-18

Good. Thank you.

Now, by not being able to "adjust voltages", and perhaps I should've asked this first, do you mean the ability to type in numbers? If so, that's been removed due to saving people from themselves. If you're talking "change voltages" in general:

Main Screen --> Tap the "Profile" line --> Advanced Settings --> CPU Frequency

Somewhere there (that scene is slightly different for the different kernels) should be a line labeled "CPU Voltage". Tap it. Now can you change your voltages?

M.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Good. Thank you.

Now, by not being able to "adjust voltages", and perhaps I should've asked this first, do you mean the ability to type in numbers? If so, that's been removed due to saving people from themselves. If you're talking "change voltages" in general:

Main Screen --> Tap the "Profile" line --> Advanced Settings --> CPU Frequency

Somewhere there (that scene is slightly different for the different kernels) should be a line labeled "CPU Voltage". Tap it. Now can you change your voltages?

M.
    I use the [drop box] to select cpu voltage and it works fine. My problem is with the [system voltage menu], which when I try to access shows an empty box labeled [frequencies].

Main Screen > Tap the "Profile" line > Advanced Settings > CPU Frequency > Override Parameters - System Voltage > (this is where the weirdness starts).

thanks.
    Last edited by namgod; 09/08/2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: add brackets
  20. uk1
    Thanks,

In fact I'd already read through the Homebrew Preware Documentation and didn't find the answer to my question hence my post. Thanks for the link - that still leaves me unclear.

Am I right in thinking that my Touchpad 64gb is factory preset at 1.5gh and that currently Govnah is preset to limit me to that? In other words I'll see no performance benefit?

Thanks,

Jeff

Quick and dirty version:

TouchPad Overclocking Benchmarks: Which Kernel is the fastest? | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

• Keep in mind, speed goes up, risk goes up.
    • UberKernel is considered to (generally) be the "stable" Kernel (no matter what device).
    • The other Kernels are considered "experimental" which means you should prepare yourself mentally and financially to have a molten piece of plastic and smoking silicon where your device once was with no complaints.
    • You should also have recovery methods memorized in the event you are one of the lucky ones that didn't have their device melt/burn, but it's still unable to boot.

M.