Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38788384858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #1741  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i understand that and appreciate your quick response -- let me rephrase my question framed by your answer. Is it possible that exibition mode is keeping Govnah active even when it is not in an open window and thus causing some power drain?
    I don't believe so. You can check by running "ls-monitor -f govnah" and see whether it is polling.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #1742  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I don't believe so.
    ??

    Has something changed? Govnah's dockMode still runs because the timers aren't stopped on stageDeactivate. I brought this up many moons ago (when I was finding that out myself for the thing I am/was working on). The response was that it was (paraphrased) "by design". I brought it up because it's been said over and over that Govnah should never be left running.

    After looking at the source (after a 'git pull' and fresh build before opening my mouth ):

    Code:
    me@aragorn /srv/build/apps/govnah/build/src/app/assistants $ grep -i stage dock-assistant.jsjsjs 
            $if$ ($this$.$controller$.$stageController$.$setWindowOrientation$)
            $this$.$controller$.$stageController$.$setWindowOrientation$(&$quot$;$free$&$quot$;);
    There's no "stageDeactivate" (or accompanying stageActivate to restart the timers), so, yes; the graphs and everything are still running even if dockMode isn't actively displaying.


    M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 08/10/2011 at 11:17 PM.
  3. #1743  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    ??

    Has something changed? Govnah's dockMode still runs because the timers aren't stopped on stageDeactivate. I brought this up many moons ago (when I was finding that out myself for the thing I am/was working on). The respone was that it was (paraphrased) "by design".

    After looking at the source (after a 'git pull' and fresh build before opening my mouth ):

    Code:
    me@aragorn /srv/build/apps/govnah/build/src/app/assistants $ grep -i stage dock-assistant.jsjsjs 
            $if$ ($this$.$controller$.$stageController$.$setWindowOrientation$)
            $this$.$controller$.$stageController$.$setWindowOrientation$(&$quot$;$free$&$quot$;);
    There's no "stageDeactivate" (or accompanying stageActivate to restart the timers), so, yes; the graphs and everything are still running even if dockMode isn't actively displaying.


    M.
    so does it shut off after a reset?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  4. #1744  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    so does it shut off after a reset?

    You can go into the Exhibition Mode settings and toggle it off which will close it. Yes, rebooting works too, of course.


    M.
  5. #1745  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Is it a clean device restart, or is it resetting without warning?

    -- Rod
    Pressing and holding power and center button. So I take it this is a restart without warning?
  6. #1746  
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    Pressing and holding power and center button. So I take it this is a restart without warning?
    That is a catastrophic hard reset, which rightly triggers the fail-safe govnah profile behaviour. You risk filesystem corruption by doing that too often.

    Hold just the power button and select "Restart Device" from the menu instead.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. #1747  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    ??

    Has something changed? Govnah's dockMode still runs because the timers aren't stopped on stageDeactivate. I brought this up many moons ago (when I was finding that out myself for the thing I am/was working on). The response was that it was (paraphrased) "by design". I brought it up because it's been said over and over that Govnah should never be left running.

    After looking at the source (after a 'git pull' and fresh build before opening my mouth ):

    Code:
    me@aragorn /srv/build/apps/govnah/build/src/app/assistants $ grep -i stage dock-assistant.jsjsjs 
            $if$ ($this$.$controller$.$stageController$.$setWindowOrientation$)
            $this$.$controller$.$stageController$.$setWindowOrientation$(&$quot$;$free$&$quot$;);
    There's no "stageDeactivate" (or accompanying stageActivate to restart the timers), so, yes; the graphs and everything are still running even if dockMode isn't actively displaying.


    M.
    I'll get Oil to take a look at that.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #1748  
    Not sure if this is the correct thread to report this but here it goes. I am running a Bell Pre- with 1.4.5. Govnah and F104A Starfighter. My Govnah settings are 500 MHz min. and 800 MHz max. with temperature control. My Pre- has been solid with these settings for months. I have not changed any settings although I keep Govnah up-to-date.

    After the last Govnah update, however, I lost my previously saved settings. Not too bad. I recreated my setting and voila everything was fine. Yesterday, however, I had to reset the device due to some lagginess and during the restart process, I see the little circular thingy plus an F104 fighter pic on the top left corner of my Pre- and a running log (not that I understand what the log is stating but it is running pretty fast). After the log finishes then I get the familiar "Palm" logo and everything works normal from there.

    Have I done something wrong or is this new behaviour normal?
  9. #1749  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct thread to report this but here it goes. I am running a Bell Pre- with 1.4.5. Govnah and F104A Starfighter. My Govnah settings are 500 MHz min. and 800 MHz max. with temperature control. My Pre- has been solid with these settings for months. I have not changed any settings although I keep Govnah up-to-date.

    After the last Govnah update, however, I lost my previously saved settings. Not too bad. I recreated my setting and voila everything was fine. Yesterday, however, I had to reset the device due to some lagginess and during the restart process, I see the little circular thingy plus an F104 fighter pic on the top left corner of my Pre- and a running log (not that I understand what the log is stating but it is running pretty fast). After the log finishes then I get the familiar "Palm" logo and everything works normal from there.

    Have I done something wrong or is this new behaviour normal?
    This is normal and part of all testing kernels now.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  10. #1750  
    I use Govnah 1.0.3 on a Palm Pre2 with webOS 2.1.0.

    I save my settings in a profile and they all survive a reboot - all except one.
    The TCP congestion setting always returns to "cubic" after a reboot.
    The setting which I prefer and which gives me much faster downloads is "veno".

    Why does the setting disappear after a reboot?
    Is there a way to make my setting stick?

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.
  11. #1751  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndiG63 View Post
    I use Govnah 1.0.3 on a Palm Pre2 with webOS 2.1.0.

    I save my settings in a profile and they all survive a reboot - all except one.
    The TCP congestion setting always returns to "cubic" after a reboot.
    The setting which I prefer and which gives me much faster downloads is "veno".

    Why does the setting disappear after a reboot?
    Is there a way to make my setting stick?

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.
    That setting is not saved at this time.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #1752  
    I have a Pre2 with Govnah 1.0.3 on Webos 2.1.0.

    I just tried choosing ondemandtcl with a min of 600MHz and a max of 1 GHz, and then I "Apply Settings". However, when go back to the graphs, the CPU Frequency immediately drops down from 1 GHz to 300MHz, below my set min of 600.

    Bug?
  13. ilm
    ilm is offline
    ilm's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    #1753  
    Is there any meaningful benefit or drawback to pushing the sampling rate value as low as possible (10 ms) on a TP, or does everyone just leave it at the default value?

    Also, on 1.0.3 I'm still getting that profile not saved after a reboot issue that was apparently fixed after 0.9.8. I had to restart the TP after in hanged just now and it went back to the default Palm profile. Is that something it should do or should I report it?
  14. #1754  
    It is designed to back to default if your device hangs. Would you prefer it go into a boot loop and force you to doctor?

    -- Rod
    lrn2swim likes this.
  15. ilm
    ilm is offline
    ilm's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    #1755  
    Oh ok my bad, I wasn't aware of that and it makes sense now that you spell it out for me . Thanks!
  16. #1756  
    Hello,

    I was wondering if anyone knew how to overclock to 1.3ghz or 1.4ghz instead of 1.5ghz. I understand a lot of people are having success at 1.5 and I've tested fine at 1.5ghz but I'd like to be 5% safer if you know what I mean.

    The dropdown list for CPU frequencies in Govnah doesn't allow anything between 1.188 and 1.512.

    How do I go about asking for a custom frequency?
  17. #1757  
    Quote Originally Posted by lferrante View Post
    Hello,

    I was wondering if anyone knew how to overclock to 1.3ghz or 1.4ghz instead of 1.5ghz. I understand a lot of people are having success at 1.5 and I've tested fine at 1.5ghz but I'd like to be 5% safer if you know what I mean.

    The dropdown list for CPU frequencies in Govnah doesn't allow anything between 1.188 and 1.512.

    How do I go about asking for a custom frequency?
    From what I understand 1.5ghz uses the same, or very similar voltage to 1.2ghz. There shouldn't be any risk. Going to 1.3ghz on the same voltage won't do much other than slow you down.
  18. uk1
    uk1 is offline
    uk1's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    #1758  
    Hi,

    Installed Govnah - but can anyone suggest settings for the new 64gb Touchpad please?

    As a newby I'm not certain whether installing Govnah automatically makes changes but the current settings are:


    Profile: Palm Default (Is this also correct for the 64?)
    CPU 1: 192mhz
    CPU2: 192mhz (CPU 2 intermittently is zero)
    Temp: 30

    Appreciate any ***** guide to what I may do next

    Also does simply installing current Govnah change settings ie is my 64 now set to optimum 32 which I understand has a slower clock?
  19. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #1759  
    My 2.1 VZW Pre+ has been very stable for several months running Uber-Kernel and Govnah with Screenstate 500/800. Yesterday morning I was presented with Govnah 1.0.6 and installed it. A few hours later I noticed that my Pre had locked up and was very warm, I had to do a battery pull to get it functioning again. It continued to lockup within ten minutes after a battery pull, until I decided to remove Uber-Kernel and Govnah. In fact it was difficult to perform the uninstalls due to the Pre locking up. Once they were removed the Pre ran fine through the night. This morning I reinstalled both and the Pre locked up within a half hour. I again removed them and it has been fine for the past 6 hours. Is anyone else experiencing any issues with the latest Govnah?
    Last edited by noseph; 09/04/2011 at 04:51 AM. Reason: typos
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  20. #1760  
    Im on webos 1.4.5. Hadnt checked preware in a wile, did the other day, updated govnah to 1.0.5. Screenstate doesnt turn on when i press it in advanced settings. When i try to make a new profile, i cant go above 600 MHz. Help? Thanks.

Posting Permissions