Page 85 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapphoneguy View Post
    Rod,

I didn't come across that step (install custom kernel) when reading about installing Govnah. Can you explain a little bit on how to do that or perhaps provide some links?

Thanks.
    The Preware Homebrew Documentation app in the official app catalog has full details on this and other homebrew topics.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Oh yes I haven't installed uberkernal. A bit more reading helped me understand that I need both uberkernel and govnah. Can I just install uberkernal or I have to remove govnah first, install uberkernal and then install govnah? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapphoneguy View Post
    Oh yes I haven't installed uberkernal. A bit more reading helped me understand that I need both uberkernel and govnah. Can I just install uberkernal or I have to remove govnah first, install uberkernal and then install govnah? Thanks.
    See the post directly above yours.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Never mind -- reset my feeds and that seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks for all the support Rod (and all of WebOS Internals)!
    Last edited by stomsf; 08/02/2011 at 11:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm having the same trouble with govnah on my TP as I did originally on my pre+. For some reason it doesnt save the settings when the TP is restarted. Ultimately, this issue was resolved on my phone after a few tries (don't remember if there was an actual govnah update as well). Just an FYI for Rod.
    Govnah 0.9.6 in the testing feed now shows (and overclocks) both TouchPad cores:

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I updated to the new Govnah, the one allowing display of both CPUs and found if I try to run the F15C kernel in screenstate 1.7, that my apps become unresponsive, requiring me to reset my TouchPad. Seems to work fine in on-demand at 1.7.
    Last edited by TimBoch; 08/04/2011 at 08:04 AM.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    I updated to the new Gonah and found if I try to run the F15C kernel in screenstate 1.7, the my apps become unresponsive. Seems to work fine in on-demand at 1.7.
    You should report that in the thread for that experimental kernel.

-- Rod
    Rod -- the change log for .9.7 says that it changes the back button in the prefs screen (something like that) does it change anything else?
    .9.6 seemed to be using both processors more (by govnah's reporting screen) i am having great performance and love it just seems that .9.7 is using the second processor less (again by the reporting of govnah)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Rod -- the change log for .9.7 says that it changes the back button in the prefs screen (something like that) does it change anything else?
    .9.6 seemed to be using both processors more (by govnah's reporting screen) i am having great performance and love it just seems that .9.7 is using the second processor less (again by the reporting of govnah)
    for clarification -- touchpad 3.0.2 - F15C Eagle kernel -- pushed to 1.7 with govnah
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Will do. Thanks for your help.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TimBoch
    I updated to the new Gonah and found if I try to run the F15C kernel in screenstate 1.7, the my apps become unresponsive. Seems to work fine in on-demand at 1.7.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should report that in the thread for that experimental kernel.

-- Rod
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Do I need to reinstall the Kernel to OC both CPUs on the TP with the new Govnah? And which Kernels overclock both? I'm assume Uberkernal does not at this point?
    I just updated to the latest Govnah v0.9.7 this morning and I'm getting reverted back to Palm Default profile on each device restart (and occasionally while up and running) using the latest UberKernel v3.0.2-22. The profile I'm working with is based off Palm Default with only changes to Min Freq = 384 MHz and Max Freq = 1.512 GHz.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamKillerJKFFL View Post
    I just updated to the latest Govnah v0.9.7 this morning and I'm getting reverted back to Palm Default profile on each device restart (and occasionally while up and running) using the latest UberKernel v3.0.2-22. The profile I'm working with is based off Palm Default with only changes to Min Freq = 384 MHz and Max Freq = 1.512 GHz.
    Please use the Help->Generate Email option to post a complete problem report.

-- Rod
    Please use the Help->Generate Email option to post a complete problem report.

-- Rod
    What email address am I supposed to send that generated email to or did I not read something? Not sure if it was supposed to pre-fill the TO field or not but it didn't. Nice feature BTW
    What email address am I supposed to send that generated email to or did I not read something? Not sure if it was supposed to pre-fill the TO field or not but it didn't. Nice feature BTW
    Email it to yourself and attach it here.

-- Rod
    Email it to yourself and attach it here.

-- Rod

proc_version: Linux version 2.6.35-palm-tenderloin (v3.0.2-22@org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad) (gcc version 4.3.3 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q1-203) ) #2 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 1 16:58:45 HST 2011
    Current:

From Service:
    Governor: ondemandtcl
    Scheduler: cfq
    Congestion: cubic
    min freq: 384 MHz
    max freq: 1.512 GHz
    sampling rate: 0.2 Sec
    up threshold: 95 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    max tickle window: 3 Sec
    max floor window: 3 Sec
    down differential: 3

Files:

cpufreq_file
    description "Govnah Settings"

start on stopped finish

script

[ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevBootPanicked`" = "false" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevShutdownClean`" = "true" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m -n com.palm.system last_umount_clean`" = "true" ] || exit 0

echo -n '1' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online

echo -n 'ondemandtcl' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo -n 'ondemandtcl' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo -n '384000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo -n '384000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo -n '1512000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    echo -n '1512000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    echo -n '200000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/sampling_rate
    echo -n '200000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/sampling_rate
    echo -n '95' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/up_threshold
    echo -n '95' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/up_threshold
    echo -n '0' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/ignore_nice_load
    echo -n '0' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/ignore_nice_load
    echo -n '0' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/powersave_bias
    echo -n '0' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/powersave_bias
    echo -n '3000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/max_tickle_window
    echo -n '3000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/max_tickle_window
    echo -n '3000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/max_floor_window
    echo -n '3000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/max_floor_window
    echo -n '3' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/down_differential
    echo -n '3' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/ondemandtcl/down_differential

end script

compcache_file
    cat: can't open '/var/palm/event.d/org.webosinternals.govnah-compcache': No such file or directory

Profiles:

(1) OnDemandTcl 1512 v21
    min freq: 192 MHz
    (2) Palm Default v20
    min freq: 192 MHz
    max freq: 1.188 GHz
    (3) Profile 384-1521
    min freq: 384 MHz
    io scheduler: cfq

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    Does the behaviour occur if you use the predefined profile?

-- Rod
    Does the behaviour occur if you use the predefined profile?

-- Rod
    Just confirmed yes OnDemandTcl 1512 reverts back to Palm Default.
    Just confirmed yes OnDemandTcl 1512 reverts back to Palm Default.
    Thanks, I just reproduced it myself. Now to get some diagnostic info to work out why ...

-- Rod