Page 84 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    KISS also means don't just guess at fixes or reboot when it will have no possible effect. That's the Windows mentality, not KISS.

-- Rod

I think truer words are rarely spoken.

M.
    KISS also means don't just guess at fixes or reboot when it will have no possible effect. That's the Windows mentality, not KISS.

-- Rod
    I'm sorry for posting. I just thought it would make sense to reset the device and see if that helps with the issue. I have had a bunch of problems with my Pre, that were fixed when I reset the phone. But those problems are simple bugs like not being able to login into a site, the browser keeps resetting, or the screen is frozen. I won't post in this thread again.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I'm sorry for posting. I just thought it would make sense to reset the device and see if that helps with the issue. I have had a bunch of problems with my Pre, that were fixed when I reset the phone. But those problems are simple bugs like not being able to login into a site, the browser keeps resetting, or the screen is frozen. I won't post in this thread again.
    What you failed to notice is that he was bleeding-edge testing a brand new untested Veer-specific version of Govnah. Doing a blind reset is never the correct way to approach that task, first of all because that will lose any information that could be used to debug the problem.

Please do post, but please be aware of the context of specific questions before offering generic answers.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    What you failed to notice is that he was bleeding-edge testing a brand new untested Veer-specific version of Govnah. Doing a blind reset is never the correct way to approach that task, first of all because that will lose any information that could be used to debug the problem.

Please do post, but please be aware of the context of specific questions before offering generic answers.

-- Rod
    I was just trying to help. The problem sounded like an issue I had with Govnah, where the app wouldn't notice my settings. But after I did a full reset, the settings showed up once again. My mistake was trying to be helpful on a matter that I don't know much about. I don't know enough about Govnah to offer up advice. I won't make that mistake again.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Thanks - actually I think I just realised what the error is. Look for a new version later today.

I bet you'll see a javascript error reported in Lumberjack ...

-- Rod
    Okay, very good. I'll be on the lookout for it. I didnt have lumberjack installed at the time. But if the new version doesnt work for some reason, I'll be sure to copy the logs for you.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I was just trying to help. The problem sounded like an issue I had with Govnah, where the app wouldn't notice my settings. But after I did a full reset, the settings showed up once again. My mistake was trying to be helpful on a matter that I don't know much about. I don't know enough about Govnah to offer up advice. I won't make that mistake again.
    Sure you will. We all make that mistake from time to time (with the possible exception of Rod). Its part of how we learn. I appreciated your desire to help. I could have made it clearer that I didnt need help.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Mistakes aren't a problem, we all make them. Govnah 0.8.5 is a case in point

BTW, Govnah never needs a reset. It's the kernel which needs the reset if you install a new one.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Just tested Govnah version 0.8.5 on my Veer, and I didnt get any info at all other than the Frequency line. Everything else was NA or blank. I'll attach a screenshot later when I get to my laptop.
    Try 0.8.6 in the testing feed now.

-- Rod
    That did it. Govnah v0.8.6 is working on my Veer and properly displaying battery current and everything else (except temp, as expected).
    I have no custom kernel installed. One time I used userspace on 500 MHz, then changed back to ondemandctl 150/1000.
    Since then every time I boot the Pre it boots on userspace set at 300 MHz (and so takes 4-5 minutes). Any ideas how I can revert this?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I have no custom kernel installed. One time I used userspace on 500 MHz, then changed back to ondemandctl 150/1000.
    Since then every time I boot the Pre it boots on userspace set at 300 MHz (and so takes 4-5 minutes). Any ideas how I can revert this?
    Disable your saved profile.

-- Rod
    I doctored and reloaded my device the other day. When I added Preware and Govnah through Quickinstall, I looked at Govnah, before adding UK, and noticed it had all the profiles showing. I had never seen this before. Prior to adding a custom kernel, or when a kernel didn't add correctly, it would only show a max of 500 or 600mhz. I looked at the top and it said Govnah v.8.3 Uberkernel UK 178. I set it for Fixed 1000 and it accepted it and seems to be running fast and well. Did I miss something? Do I no longer need to add UK?
    Last edited by pelikan3; 06/12/2011 at 10:17 AM.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    I doctored and reloaded my device the other day. When I added Preware and Govnah through Quickinstall, I looked at Govnah, before adding UK, and noticed it had all the profiles showing. I had never seen this before. Prior to adding a custom kernel, or when a kernel didn't add correctly, it would only show a max of 500 or 600mhz. I looked at the top and it said Govnah v.8.3 Uberkernel UK 178. I set it for Fixed 1000 and it accepted it and seems to be running fast and well. Did I miss something? Do I no longer need to add UK?
    When you "reloaded" what did that entail? Login to your profile, Save/Restore, what specific additional steps post-doctor did you take?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    i'm having trouble getting govnah on my touchpad. Preware is showing version 0.8.3.

maybe i've got the wrong feed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    i'm having trouble getting govnah on my touchpad. Preware is showing version 0.8.3.

maybe i've got the wrong feed?
    The TouchPad compatible version is in the testing feed.

-- Rod
    note for Govnah 0.9.2: Theres no back button in the profiles page, I got stuck there... Also the icon does not cause the App Catalog to flicker anymore.:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    note for Govnah 0.9.2: Theres no back button in the profiles page, I got stuck there...
    Forgot to check in the device stylesheet. Fixed in 0.9.3 in the testing feed now.

-- Rod
    I dont see any preloaded profiles in Govnah v0.83 Palm. I only see the Palm Default.

I tried things such as removing and reinstalling, restart after each operation etc. but to no avail. Any encountered similar situation?
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapphoneguy View Post
    I dont see any preloaded profiles in Govnah v0.83 Palm. I only see the Palm Default.

I tried things such as removing and reinstalling, restart after each operation etc. but to no avail. Any encountered similar situation?
    That is expected when you do not have any custom kernel installed.

-- Rod
    Rod,

I didn't come across that step (install custom kernel) when reading about installing Govnah. Can you explain a little bit on how to do that or perhaps provide some links?

Thanks.