Page 82 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3272777879808182838485868792 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    They are neither old nor unused.

If you install a different kernel, some of those profiles will suddenly become visible.
    I guess that's actually my point. I want to be sure I don't have profiles that were created using an older version of Govnah that may not match the latest and greatest settings.

Part of my thinking has been driven by the recent changes in the units used and older posts that recommended deleting and removing old profiles before changing kernels.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    The battery is 100%. I do have the USB cable plugged into a wall charger. When I have it on the touchstone, it overheats.

Removing the USB jumps the Frequency to 1GHz. Plugging it back in, it goes to 500MHz.

Where is the problem here?
    Live free or DIE!
    The battery is 100%. I do have the USB cable plugged into a wall charger. When I have it on the touchstone, it overheats.

Removing the USB jumps the Frequency to 1GHz. Plugging it back in, it goes to 500MHz.
    You may wish to push the blue question mark and review the help text for the "Override Charger" advanced setting.

Govnah and the kernel are operating as designed and expected.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I guess that's actually my point. I want to be sure I don't have profiles that were created using an older version of Govnah that may not match the latest and greatest settings.

Part of my thinking has been driven by the recent changes in the units used and older posts that recommended deleting and removing old profiles before changing kernels.
    When you remove Govnah and then re-install it, all profiles are deleted and recreated. It is only when you update without removing that old profiles remain.

The posts are not referring to deleting profiles from Govnah, but are referring to using the "Disable Profile" menu item in Govnah to "unstick" a previous profile before changing kernels.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post

Where is the problem here?
    I did not realize there was a relation between the Frequency being stuck on 500 and charging the battery. It wasn't until Mr. Whitby's comment that I attempted removing & inserting the USB while watching the Govnah screen. My Pre is on my desk at work, charging, while running freeTether. The battery drain while using freeTether requires me to charge the Pre simultaneously.

I appreciate the your work for the Precentral Community, however you can't expect the end users to know all the nuances and intricies of these programs. It's here in the forums that I was able to troubleshoot and determine why I was experiencing the issue.
    When you remove Govnah and then re-install it, all profiles are deleted and recreated. It is only when you update without removing that old profiles remain.

The posts are not referring to deleting profiles from Govnah, but are referring to using the "Disable Profile" menu item in Govnah to "unstick" a previous profile before changing kernels.

-- Rod
    Mission accomplished - I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it seems to have worked. The only profiles I seen in the support email generated are default ones that Govnah creates. Thank you!

Also thanks for setting me straight on the profile disable vs. delete.
    So you are seeing overheating at 500mhz while charging? Or do you have the override charger set on?
    I did not realize there was a relation between the Frequency being stuck on 500 and charging the battery. It wasn't until Mr. Whitby's comment that I attempted removing & inserting the USB while watching the Govnah screen. My Pre is on my desk at work, charging, while running freeTether. The battery drain while using freeTether requires me to charge the Pre simultaneously.

I appreciate the your work for the Precentral Community, however you can't expect the end users to know all the nuances and intricies of these programs. It's here in the forums that I was able to troubleshoot and determine why I was experiencing the issue.
    Pardon my non-acceptance of the rebuttal, but a search would have brought out numerous posts detailing this. This has been answered so many times that people stopped responding to these questions.

As with any piece of software, if there is a "Help" or "?" button, there might be some useful stuff in there.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    As with any piece of software, if there is a "Help" or "?" button, there might be some useful stuff in there.
    I for one have found the help in Govnah pretty good - the only complaint I have is the lack of detail on the various technical differences of the screenstate Governors. At times I have wished for more clarity there.
    So you are seeing overheating at 500mhz while charging? Or do you have the override charger set on?
    When using freeTether, it will overheat on the touchstone at 500MHz. That is why I use the USB plugged directly into the Pre.

I do not have the override charger set to on.
    I for one have found the help in Govnah pretty good - the only complaint I have is the lack of detail on the various technical differences of the screenstate Governors. At times I have wished for more clarity there.
    Complaint noted, I'll try to add some more detail in the differences.
    Live free or DIE!
    Hey!

Govnah 0.8.3 isn't applying the AV8B-61's profile. I deleted and made a new profile for the bump in kernel. The profile itself appers to be saving fine and is activated when I build it, but, when I tap on it to re-apply it, eventhing goes back to an (odd) default of 500Mhz. I don't know what voltages it's applying, I think default though. Lumberjack is showing NO errors. Here is the Govnah profile dump:

proc_version: Linux version 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 (v2.1.0-61@org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-av8b-kernel-pre) (gcc version 4.3.3 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q1-203) ) #2 Sun May 22 16:53:03 HST 2011
    Current:
    From Service:
    Governor: vdemand
    Scheduler: deadline
    Congestion: westwood
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 1.005 GHz
    CPU Voltage: 68 64 60
    System Voltage: 44 40 36
    vdemand poll rate: 300
    temp limit: 55 C
    temp reset: 50 C
    batt low thresh: 20 %
    override charger: true
    compcache enabled: true
    compcache memlimit: 14 MB

Files:
    cpufreq_file

description "Govnah Settings"

start on stopped finish

script

[ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevBootPanicked`" = "false" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevShutdownClean`" = "true" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m -n com.palm.system last_umount_clean`" = "true" ] || exit 0

echo -n 'vdemand' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo -n '500000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo -n '1005000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

end script

compcache_file

description "Govnah CompCache Configuration"

start on stopped finish
    stop on runlevel [!2]

script

[ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevBootPanicked`" = "false" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevShutdownClean`" = "true" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m -n com.palm.system last_umount_clean`" = "true" ] || exit 0

swapoff -a
    insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/xvmalloc.ko
    insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/ramzswap.ko memlimit_kb=14336 backing_swap=/dev/mapper/store-swap
    sleep 3
    swapon /dev/ramzswap0 -p 1

end script

Profiles (edited for space reasons):
    (24) Harrier 2.1
    Governor: vdemand
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 1.005 GHz
    CPU Voltage: 64 62 59
    System Voltage: 44 40 36
    vdemand poll rate: 300
    temp limit: 55 C
    temp reset: 50 C
    batt low thresh: 20 %
    override charger: true
    compcache enabled: true
    compcache memlimit: 14 MB

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 05/23/2011 at 04:25 PM.
    Change the update rate to 1min, and then get a lumberjack ls-monitor capture of applying the profile.

-- Rod
    Change the update rate to 1min, and then get a lumberjack ls-monitor capture of applying the profile.

-- Rod

The highest it goes is 1.5 Seconds.

This is AV8B, I'm using. VDemand Poll Rate is the only changeable "timer" in Govnah.

M.
    Govnah preferences polling update rate, to exclude noise ls2 messages.

-- Rod
    Govnah preferences polling update rate, to exclude noise ls2 messages.

-- Rod

It's blank. I set Lumberjack to monitor ls2 messages from Govnah, flipped back to Govnah and tapped the profile. Nothing is displayed in Lumberjack.

M.
    Do ls-monitor from the command line.

-- Rod
    Do ls-monitor from the command line.

-- Rod

Attached.

ls2_Govnah_Dump.txt

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Attached.

ls2_Govnah_Dump.txt

M.
    Looks like a kernel problem to me. Here's the edited log for Marco to look at:

Code:
    Time            Prot    Type    Serial          Sender          Destination             Method                                  Payload
    761.859 [PUB]   call    542             com.palm.luna-1801-active (/var/run/ls2/EFcEez) org.webosinternals.govnah (/var/run/ls2/NvXJDM)         org.webosinternals.govnah 1031          //set_cpufreq_params       {"genericParams": [{"name": "scaling_governor", "value": "vdemand"}, {"name": "scaling_min_freq", "value": "500000"}, {"name": "scaling_max_freq", "value": "1005000"}], "governorParams": [{"name": "vdemand_vsel_vdd1", "value": "64 62 59"}, {"name": "vdemand_vsel_vdd2", "value": "44 40 36"}, {"name": "vdemand_poll_rate", "value": "300"}], "overrideParams": [{"name": "cpu_hightemp_alarm", "value": "55"}, {"name": "cpu_hightemp_reset", "value": "50"}, {"name": "battery_scaleback_percent", "value": "20"}, {"name": "override_charger", "value": "1"}], "$activity": {"activityId": 149}}
    762.071 [PUB]   return  542             org.webosinternals.govnah (/var/run/ls2/NvXJDM)         com.palm.luna-1801-active (/var/run/ls2/EFcEez) {"returnValue": true }
    762.317 [PUB]   call    553             com.palm.luna-1801-active (/var/run/ls2/EFcEez) org.webosinternals.govnah (/var/run/ls2/NvXJDM)         org.webosinternals.govnah 1031          //get_scaling_cur_freq     {"$activity": {"activityId": 149}}
    762.320 [PUB]   call    559             com.palm.luna-1801-active (/var/run/ls2/EFcEez) org.webosinternals.govnah (/var/run/ls2/NvXJDM)         org.webosinternals.govnah 1031          //get_cpufreq_params       {"$activity": {"activityId": 149}}
    762.407 [PUB]   return  553             org.webosinternals.govnah (/var/run/ls2/NvXJDM)         com.palm.luna-1801-active (/var/run/ls2/EFcEez) {"value": 500000, "returnValue": true }
    762.407 [PUB]   return  559             org.webosinternals.govnah (/var/run/ls2/NvXJDM)         com.palm.luna-1801-active (/var/run/ls2/EFcEez) {"params": [{"name": "cpuinfo_min_freq", "writeable": false, "value": "500000"}, {"name": "cpuinfo_max_freq", "writeable": false, "value": "1005000"}, {"name": "scaling_min_freq", "writeable": true, "value": "500000"}, {"name": "scaling_max_freq", "writeable": true, "value": "500000"}, {"name": "scaling_governor", "writeable": true, "value": "vdemand"}, {"name": "scaling_available_governors", "writeable": false, "value": "vdemand "}, {"name": "scaling_available_frequencies", "writeable": false, "value": "1005000 800000 500000 "}, {"name": "cpuinfo_cur_freq", "writeable": false, "value": "500000"}, {"name": "scaling_cur_freq", "writeable": false, "value": "500000"}], "returnValue": true}
    So Govnah is setting scaling_min_freq to 500MHz, scaling_max_freq to 1.005GHz and some other parameters.

Govnah then reads scaling_cur_freq and for some reason the kernel is reporting it as 500MHz.

Govnah then reads the current kernel parameters, and sure enough scaling_max_freq reads back as 500MHz, when Govnah most recently wrote it as 1.005GHz.

So I'm pointing at the kernel for this one.

-- Rod
    Looks like a kernel problem to me. Here's the edited log for Marco to look at:

Code:
    Time            Prot    Type    Serial          Sender          Destination             Method                                  Payload
    761.859 [PUB]   call    542             com.palm.luna-1801-active (/var/run/ls2/EFcEez) org.webosinternals.govnah (/var/run/ls2/NvXJDM)         org.webosinternals.govnah 1031          //set_cpufreq_params       {"genericParams": [{"name": "scaling_governor", "value": "vdemand"}, {"name": "scaling_min_freq", "value": "500000"}, {"name": "scaling_max_freq", "value": "1005000"}], "governorParams": [{"name": "vdemand_vsel_vdd1", "value": "64 62 59"}, {"name": "vdemand_vsel_vdd2", "value": "44 40 36"}, {"name": "vdemand_poll_rate", "value": "300"}], "overrideParams": [{"name": "cpu_hightemp_alarm", "value": "55"}, {"name": "cpu_hightemp_reset", "value": "50"}, {"name": "battery_scaleback_percent", "value": "20"}, {"name": "override_charger", "value": "1"}], "$activity": {"activityId": 149}}
    762.071 [PUB]   return  542             org.webosinternals.govnah (/var/run/ls2/NvXJDM)         com.palm.luna-1801-active (/var/run/ls2/EFcEez) {"returnValue": true }
    762.317 [PUB]   call    553             com.palm.luna-1801-active (/var/run/ls2/EFcEez) org.webosinternals.govnah (/var/run/ls2/NvXJDM)         org.webosinternals.govnah 1031          //get_scaling_cur_freq     {"$activity": {"activityId": 149}}
    762.320 [PUB]   call    559             com.palm.luna-1801-active (/var/run/ls2/EFcEez) org.webosinternals.govnah (/var/run/ls2/NvXJDM)         org.webosinternals.govnah 1031          //get_cpufreq_params       {"$activity": {"activityId": 149}}
    762.407 [PUB]   return  553             org.webosinternals.govnah (/var/run/ls2/NvXJDM)         com.palm.luna-1801-active (/var/run/ls2/EFcEez) {"value": 500000, "returnValue": true }
    762.407 [PUB]   return  559             org.webosinternals.govnah (/var/run/ls2/NvXJDM)         com.palm.luna-1801-active (/var/run/ls2/EFcEez) {"params": [{"name": "cpuinfo_min_freq", "writeable": false, "value": "500000"}, {"name": "cpuinfo_max_freq", "writeable": false, "value": "1005000"}, {"name": "scaling_min_freq", "writeable": true, "value": "500000"}, {"name": "scaling_max_freq", "writeable": true, "value": "500000"}, {"name": "scaling_governor", "writeable": true, "value": "vdemand"}, {"name": "scaling_available_governors", "writeable": false, "value": "vdemand "}, {"name": "scaling_available_frequencies", "writeable": false, "value": "1005000 800000 500000 "}, {"name": "cpuinfo_cur_freq", "writeable": false, "value": "500000"}, {"name": "scaling_cur_freq", "writeable": false, "value": "500000"}], "returnValue": true}
    So Govnah is setting scaling_min_freq to 500MHz, scaling_max_freq to 1.005GHz and some other parameters.

Govnah then reads scaling_cur_freq and for some reason the kernel is reporting it as 500MHz.

Govnah then reads the current kernel parameters, and sure enough scaling_max_freq reads back as 500MHz, when Govnah most recently wrote it as 1.005GHz.

So I'm pointing at the kernel for this one.

-- Rod
    I cant replicate this.
    Live free or DIE!