Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #1581  
    Please disregard my previous post. It appears that the problem resides in having updated mode switcher and govnah. To correct the problem I just uninstalled mode switcher and govnah and reinstalled govnah. Seems to have fixed the problem.
  2. #1582  
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I have to say, I too am having problems with my customized profiles sticking. After luna it will change to an "unknown" profile and after hard reset it changes to default. I have overclocked to 1g, and changed comcache to 32mb., which works pretty damn well when it's actually working in that profile. I have to check Govnah constantly to change the profile back to mine.
    My problem would not let me change anything.
  3. #1583  
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I have to say, I too am having problems with my customized profiles sticking. After luna it will change to an "unknown" profile and after hard reset it changes to default. I have overclocked to 1g, and changed comcache to 32mb., which works pretty damn well when it's actually working in that profile. I have to check Govnah constantly to change the profile back to mine.
    hard not to take these continued posts as trolling...

    You can't change compcache using govnah and have your profile stick. Please read the last 2-3 pages of this thread where this is repeatedly addressed.
  4. elopez's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #1584  
    your just looking to criticize. some may not be reading/understanding compcache temp/perm settings. others DO understand yet still have issues separate from compcache alone.

    stop placing all 'govnah customized settings not sticking' into one simplistic compcache bucket.
  5. #1585  
    It would be helpful if folks updated the Govnah wiki page with known things (like tcp congestion stickiness not being supported yet, and the webOS 2.1 kernel compcache upstart script overriding the govnah settings for compcache memlimit).

    It would also be helpful if those reporting such problems didn't make blanket statements about things not working, but instead gave precise problem reports with the full "Generate Email" output and precise steps to repeat the problem.

    A "HP guy with valuable internal resources" (yes, I remember your previous foray into these forums) should know that "my experience with govnah user defined settings has been frustrating. i just wish we had the ability to make them 'stick' permanently." is not an acceptable problem report ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #1586  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It would be helpful if folks updated the Govnah wiki page with known things (like tcp congestion stickiness not being supported yet, and the webOS 2.1 kernel compcache upstart script overriding the govnah settings for compcache memlimit).

    ...
    I'll try to spend some time on this this weekend.
  7. #1587  
    Quote Originally Posted by elopez View Post
    your just looking to criticize. some may not be reading/understanding compcache temp/perm settings. others DO understand yet still have issues separate from compcache alone.
    I am trying to encourage people to read before they post. Yes, that is criticizing. It is also productive in that it (hopefully) makes that behavior a habit.

    stop placing all 'govnah customized settings not sticking' into one simplistic compcache bucket.
    except for the fact that the poster said explicitly that they had changed compcache to 32mb...
  8. #1588  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I'll try to spend some time on this this weekend.
    I'm in the middle of restructuring / reorganizing / updating now. I just had to get my Son to school. I may take all new screen shots as well (the existing ones are my device from last summer). I'll be adding (some kind of) troubleshooting section.


    M.
  9. #1589  
    Not sure what is going on, but my system voltages is showing my pre+ running 2,687,971GHZ system frequency...
    This is F104a-35 with Govnah 7.27 on a Pre+.

    I tried to disable the profile and reboot. Still there. Still there if i switch between the F104a default, and 500/1100 SSV2 profile as well.

    Happy to provide things to diagnose this issue, just tell me what is needed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10. #1590  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Not sure what is going on, but my system voltages is showing my pre+ running 2,687,971GHZ system frequency...
    This is F104a-35 with Govnah 7.27 on a Pre+.

    I tried to disable the profile and reboot. Still there. Still there if i switch between the F104a default, and 500/1100 SSV2 profile as well.

    Happy to provide things to diagnose this issue, just tell me what is needed.
    Looks like installing the latest F104A kernel fixed this. Not sure if it was a fix in the kernel source, or just the re-install that did it. Now showing 166MHz.
  11. #1591  
    Can I make a donation through Paypal to help with the development of Govnah?

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  12. #1592  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Can I make a donation through Paypal to help with the development of Govnah?
    Donation link is on Wiki page. See OP for link.
  13. #1593  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Donation link is on Wiki page. See OP for link.
    Thanks!

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  14. #1594  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Thanks!
    You are welcome.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  15. #1595  
    VZW Pre2 profile metadoctored to 2.1 shows Palm Default w frequency 300. Should the frequency be scaling up as I open cards? Opened a few cards and doesn't seem to change.


    This is a friend's Pre2. He is reporting sluggish screen responsiveness on a new Pre2 so am trying to troubleshoot.
    Someone on another precentral forum suggested the phone might be stuck on 300. No kernels are installed except for the fact that I went into preware and installed the Pre2 2.1 kernel to make sure the default was installed.

    edit: clicked on frequency and seems to be changing now.
    Last edited by bluenote; 05/13/2011 at 04:24 PM.
  16. #1596  
    Hi,

    screenstate 125/720, gownah 0.7.24

    when I set this custom profil first time, it will lower to min frequecy.
    But next it will allways work on max frequency.

    I have suspicion, that in screen-off mode is Govnah not storing CPU statistics to graph.

    Any tips?

    Thanx,
    Panel
  17. #1597  
    Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    Hi,

    screenstate 125/720, gownah 0.7.24

    when I set this custom profil first time, it will lower to min frequecy.
    But next it will allways work on max frequency.

    I have suspicion, that in screen-off mode is Govnah not storing CPU statistics to graph.
    That is correct, and it is the intended behaviour.

    -- Rod
  18. #1598  
    I have a question

    When I set etc/event.d/compcache to 131 032 kilobytes (128mb) It shows up in govnah as

    "36796"

    Why is that? Is it still setting to 128mb and that is a govnah issue, or is 128mb too much for compcache?
  19. #1599  
    Posting in hopes of getting an update to Govnah now that the f105 Charger Polling Rate uses seconds. The options in Govnah are from 90-9000 seconds. I don't like waiting 90 (or 9000 ) seconds after i take my phone of the charger to get it up to full speed.

    Thanks!
  20. #1600  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Posting in hopes of getting an update to Govnah now that the f105 Charger Polling Rate uses seconds. The options in Govnah are from 90-9000 seconds. I don't like waiting 90 (or 9000 ) seconds after i take my phone of the charger to get it up to full speed.

    Thanks!
    Not possible, as that would break it for people who have a previous version of that kernel installed where those values were in jiffies, not seconds.

    Unfortunately, some coordination between kernel changes and Govnah has been missing here, and you're suffering as a result.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions