Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Note: you can't delete the palm default profile though.
    thats what i was wondering, thanks oil
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    thats what i was wondering, thanks oil
    I mostly wanted it to stay there so on a fresh boot it doesn't say "Profile: Unknown" when it very well knows its the stock palm settings.
    I mostly wanted it to stay there so on a fresh boot it doesn't say "Profile: Unknown" when it very well knows its the stock palm settings.
    nicely done man, can't wait for more updates
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    nicely done man, can't wait for more updates
    Next on my list is getting all the "relaunch" code done for mode switcher integration.
    Next on my list is getting all the "relaunch" code done for mode switcher integration.
    i dont use mode switcher but good for all other ppl that do
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Try the Uber-Kernel with Govnah set at userspace 500 Min, 800 Max and 800 Set speed. Seems to work very nicely.
    I'll give this a shot, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Are you leaving the Govnah application open during these comparative tests, or closing it?

Note that you do not need to leave the Govnah application open, and because it is continuously polling for temperature, frequency and load values, and updating graphs, just running it will probably have a periodic impact on the performance and responsiveness of page scrolling.

-- Rod

Yeah, I don't keep Govnah open. But still having huge problems. Set on screenstate, Govnah just won't keep the settings at all. I set it to 500/800, turn the screen off, it sits for a bit and the processor goes back to 500 when I turn it back on (checked through terminal and on Govnah). This is REALLY annoying. Also, the battery drain is amazing. I pull it off the TS in the morning to check emails/Twitter. Use it for 15 min and the battery is already down 15%+. NEVER happened with SPK that bad. Note, this is all with screenstate 500/800 setting and I'm not even sure that it is actually running at 800 until I open Govnah and have to reset it every time I turn the screen off. And yes, I have let the battery drain all the way and that didn't help. I found that out with SPK that if I let it drain all the way, the battery life soared.

Really don't know what's going on here. I've Doctored and everything, UK+Govnah just doesn't seem to like my Pre

Edit: Didn't mean for the post to sound like I was ragging on UK/Govnah. Just using SPK as a comparison to it with my personal experiences. I appreciate the work you guys do, just not understanding why I'm having these troubles.
    Last edited by FliedLice; 05/10/2010 at 08:53 PM.
    OK, Thanks Rob for Govnah! The other night I had it on the Performance setting and put it on this charger thru the AC hookup.

When I woke up, my Pre was screaming hot about 52 C? I unplugged it and noticed it had been supposedly charging, but gave me the ding that I had unplugged it, but actually had been draining, it was down to 38%? I blame this on the Mobi aftermarket charger, as I have not had this problem with my 2 other genuine Palm Chargers? I also do not want to try and duplicate it as I'd hate to bork my Pre, it's just a heads up for the community and yourself!
    Last edited by DManinColorado; 05/10/2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    I use the Gvoervor on my pre ,but now I find it always become ' userspace' even I don't reboot my pre,why?
    i installed both uberkernal and govnah, when i run govnah the only 2 settings i have are ondemand and userspace. where are the others? did i miss a step? any help would be great. no i didnt reboot after. i clicked later and installed the uberkernal and then rebooted. how do i fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by freaknastyb View Post
    i installed both uberkernal and govnah, when i run govnah the only 2 settings i have are ondemand and userspace. where are the others? did i miss a step? any help would be great. no i didnt reboot after. i clicked later and installed the uberkernal and then rebooted. how do i fix it?
    me too :-(
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    What is the best compromise setting for performance and battery consumption? I tried the screenstate and ondemand settings and they drain battery way too quickly.
    question.. So after setting desired frequency, for instance,screenstate 500-720,then just tap save as profile and that's it? Even though the profile number goes up each time you tap on it.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    what do most people keep the govenor at??
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by freaknastyb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Freemind View Post
    me too :-(
    Sounds like uberkernel isn't installed.

Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    question.. So after setting desired frequency, for instance,screenstate 500-720,then just tap save as profile and that's it? Even though the profile number goes up each time you tap on it.
    After setting the desired frequency you need to apply the settings. Saving it as a profile just saves it as a profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz39 View Post
    what do most people keep the govenor at??
    Powersave with min and max set to 800. All that scaling stuff wastes too much battery.

M.
    The phone resets to factory after a reboot - this prevents you from overclocking yourself into a reboot loop. There are methods to make the settings 'sticky,' like creating a startup script that echo's the desired settings into the correct files. If you didn't understand that last sentence, use the profile setting in Govnah and be happy it's that easy.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Powersave with min and max set to 800. All that scaling stuff wastes too much battery.

M.
    What about the conservative with settings designed to very slowly bump up the speed from between 500 and 800. Like perhaps long sample rate of 15 or 20 seconds, high up thresh of like 90%, higher down thresh of like 40%, and whatever freq step? I personally haven't tried these settings yet but I'm thinking about trying them. I personally don't notice increased drain at 800 unless i am doing something that takes significant time like web browsing or streaming music or watching video. But I have a 2600 battery so I don't worry about the increased drain when I'm doing that sort of stuff.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    So what is the difference between using powersave at 800-800 and userspace at 800-800?
    nothing...........
    jakelaw is right. Nothing (that I'm aware of - I'll have to look at the kernel source to confirm). It's just when you select "powersave" in Govnah, there's no real options and it basically already setup. Now with profile support, it really doesn't matter.

M.
Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast