Page 79 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2969747576777879808182838489 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    And if Uber Kernel is installed and not the stock Palm 2.1 kernel?
    The upstart script is unchanged.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Does this mean any profile that has a different compcache setting other than 10mb will not work (restore itself) after restarting the device because it doesn't match...?

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Does this mean any profile that has a different compcache setting other than 10mb will not work (restore itself) after restarting the device because it doesn't match...?
    The profile will be applied by the Govnah upstart script. The compcache settings may or may not be applied depending on whether it or the kernel one gets run first. Govnah's fuzzy-matching of current conditions against predefined profiles may or may not match one of the profiles depending on the specification of the profiles and the exact time that Govnah does the match when it is run by the user. The kernel will continue to operate within the parameter settings loaded by the upstart scripts regardless of what Govnah fuzzy matches and displays.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Why is it that on the AT&T Pre+ with webOS 2.1.0, Govnah no longer retains the settings after a 'luna' restart? If I remember correctly, earlier with webOS 1.4.5 this was not the case and only on a full restart did I have to reset the settings.

Also, for some reason, out of the three options under 'profiles', I am only able to use 'Userspace 1Ghz'. Clicking on 'Palm Default' or 'Profile 6' changes nothing.

PS: I have Uberkernel installed.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 04/24/2011 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Typos.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Why is it that on the AT&T Pre+ with webOS 2.1.0, Govnah no longer retains the settings after a 'luna' restart? If I remember correctly, earlier with webOS 1.4.5 this ws not the case and only on a full restart did I have to reset the settings.

Also, for some reason out fo the three options under 'profiles' I am only able to use 'Userspace 1Ghz'. Clicking on 'Palm Default' or 'Profile 6' changes nothing.

PS: I have Uberkernel installed.

Read what Rod posted just above yours.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Read what Rod posted just above yours.

M.
    Thanks, but I don't understand. Specially coinsidering that I have not made any changes to any settings in Govnah. I simply installed 'Govnah' and then 'Uberkernel'. Thus everything is at default settings and I am unable to use 'two' out of the 'three' default 'Profiles' and only one of them, ie. 'Userspace 1Ghz' works.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 04/25/2011 at 05:23 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    my experience with govnah user defined settings has been frustrating. i just wish we had the ability to make them 'stick' permanently.
    Quote Originally Posted by elopez View Post
    my experience with govnah user defined settings has been frustrating. i just wish we had the ability to make them 'stick' permanently.
    This is not a problem. Have you read the last 4-5 pages of this thread? if you try to change the compcache value it will not stick. Read back in this thread and your problem will be answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    This is not a problem. Have you read the last 4-5 pages of this thread? if you try to change the compcache value it will not stick. Read back in this thread and your problem will be answered.
    Typical, people just comes around and doesn't read. Not even the last page, let alone tge last 4-5 ones. Where did the good readers go?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Where did the good readers go?
    Probably got sick of all the hopes, promises, and lies from HPalm and left for 'Driod... (and since the future is looking bleak for Sprint and webOS, I don't know how much longer I'll be around either...)

M.
    Well you can file this post under the "Not for the average user" or "do this with caution", etc...

I had success keeping the compcache limit where I wanted it by manually modifing the file as outlined here.

It seems that the only difference in Govnah using my custom profile vs the default one it kept picking was the compcache level. By hard setting the compcache size, after a restart, Govnah always picked my profile and was running much better.

Now that I Franken Pre2'd my Pre-, this is no longer useful for me since I am not going to OC the device, but if others are interested it at least keeps the compcache level you want after a restart.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    after reading this sticky I finally got the guts to install and run gov and uber...didn't have much faith in the risk to benefit ratio...but the thread put me at ease.....GLAD I did..what a difference it makes...again Precentral gave me a feel better than new pre-

Thank You!!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    thus my comment that i wish we had the ability to make user defined settings stick. get it?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Typical, people just comes around and doesn't read. Not even the last page, let alone tge last 4-5 ones. Where did the good readers go?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    good reader here having issues when trying to set user defined settings with govnah. i won't waste anyones time going into the details though, because ultimately it's not that big of an issue and i appreciate the tools "as-is".
    good reader here having issues when trying to set user defined settings with govnah. i won't waste anyones time going into the details though, because ultimately it's not that big of an issue and i appreciate the tools "as-is".

And as everyone is saying, read the last couple pages. I know I've typed out the reason why the settings *APPEAR* not to stick and I know I've done it several times because people won't read.

OH LOOK! *TWO* pages back!

http://forums.precentral.net/2926329-post1530.html

M.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    k... since you guys insist.

pre-, webos 2.1, govnah 7.27, kernal f104a-35 using 'ondemand'

how about 'batt low speed'? or 'batt low thresh'?

i've also had issues with 'tcp congestion' sticking...

like i said, not a 'newbie' and i've played with govnah for awhilem now, but getting custom settings/profile to stick repeatedly after power-cycling has been problematic.
    k... since you guys insist.

pre-, webos 2.1, govnah 7.27, kernal f104a-35 using 'ondemand'

how about 'batt low speed'? or 'batt low thresh'?

i've also had issues with 'tcp congestion' sticking...
    What kind of issues have you had with TCP Congestion not saving?

M.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    like i said earlier... don't really care to get into this. got other irons in the fire. thanks anyway.
    Has anyone else had problems since updating to the newest govnah version with not being able to change any settings and all the settings are being shown as unknown. When I tap any of the setting it the program doesnt show me any options. I am running a Sprint Pre - on 1.4.5 and Govnah version 0.7.27. I have never experienced this problem before. Also, the since I cant change setting I am no loner oc'd. Any help would be appreciated.
    I have to say, I too am having problems with my customized profiles sticking. After luna it will change to an "unknown" profile and after hard reset it changes to default. I have overclocked to 1g, and changed comcache to 32mb., which works pretty damn well when it's actually working in that profile. I have to check Govnah constantly to change the profile back to mine.
    Palm Pre Legacy WebOS 2.1
    http://www.prethemer.com/profile/holley2583/themes, Checkum' Out!