Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #1541  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Changing compcache is covered many, many times in this thread, and in other places. Have you read this thread, or at least the last 10 pages?

    If you want help you'll need to explain the exact steps that you are taking to try and change compcache, and where you are reading numbers, etc.
    I did not read the entire thread. I did a search and did not get results matching my issue. I am going to advanced settings and changing compcache limit by disabling it, changing the size, and selecting apply settings. If I use 128MB as the limit the size in that menu displays a 3..... number or the number in my first post. At this point my phone becomes very laggy. If I use anything else up to 64MB it is fine. I have not checked 96MB long enough. I also have Jstop auto garbage collect running. It appeared to help with all compcache sizes selected thus far. I am using a Sprint FrankenPre Plus on meta-doctored 2.1 completed on 4/18. This happens regardless of profile selected.
  2. #1542  
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    At this point my phone becomes very laggy. If I use anything else up to 64MB it is fine. I have not checked 96MB long enough.

    No kidding it's laggy. Imagine how bad it'll be when it's already out of memory, trying to uncompress 128MEG of swap into memory space that doesn't exist...

    Perhaps you should've read the thread after all. You would've read that anything above 20M is running into near suicide conditions because of the exact reasons you're complaining about.


    M.
  3. #1543  
    thanks for the clarification. If that is the case, why is it fine up to 64MB though? I will go back n read some but, I doubt I will read every post on all 78 pages. Hence the search to highlight pertinent info but it does not appear the search engine returned a good search or my parameters were not specific enough.

    thanks again
    Last edited by crucian4; 04/21/2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: corrected spelling
  4. #1544  
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    thanks for the clarification. If that is the case, why is it fine up to 64MB though? I will go back n read some but, I doubt I will read every post on all 78 pages. Hence the search to highlight pertinent info but it does not appear the search engine returned a good search or my parameters were not specific enough.

    thanks again
    When searching i recommend using google, and add the "site:forums.precentral.net" text to the search string. I've found the search function of this forum to be terrible.
  5. angel18's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #1545  
    Hi everyone, I newby and I ver enjoy stay in forum. Thanks for all.....
    "Welcome In My World and Smille"
  6. #1546  
    Hi,

    in the Pixi forum, we've been using Compcache w/o backing disk for a while and posted our observations. See http://forums.precentral.net/2933736-post1081.html

    We wondered if a developer could add it to Govnah as an additional switch in the Compcache section.

    Definitely there are disadvantages, most of all the return of the TMC error. But for several Pixi users the disadvantages might not outweigh the continuous abscence of lags on the Pixi.

    I'd appreciate if you could have a look
  7. #1547  
    Quote Originally Posted by wiwa View Post
    Hi,

    in the Pixi forum, we've been using Compcache w/o backing disk for a while and posted our observations. See http://forums.precentral.net/2933736-post1081.html

    We wondered if a developer could add it to Govnah as an additional switch in the Compcache section.

    Definitely there are disadvantages, most of all the return of the TMC error. But for several Pixi users the disadvantages might not outweigh the continuous abscence of lags on the Pixi.

    I'd appreciate if you could have a look
    I'm watching it, but I'm seeing mixed results at the moment.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8. #1548  
    I do apologize in advance if this was covered already. I scanned quickly the last number of pages, but if it was covered, I most likely missed it.

    Basically, after a reboot (luna or full), my profile is not set. It reverts back to the 500/1000 screenstate with the 10mb compcache, etc...

    I have uninstalled and reinstalled Uber and Govnah a few times, even doctored the device again and still seem to have the same results...

    As I write this I swear I read about this before.... can't remember if it is a known issue or not.

    Setup: Govnah 0.7.27, Uber -18, Sprint Pre- 2.1
    Govnah Profile (Screenstate 500 (38)/1000 (62), compcache 24mb, cfq, cubic.

    Something bonked this about a week or so ago where before then it was running stellar as usual. But since I have doctored and still see it, not sure what is causing it.

    When it first started I was getting this in lumberjack:

    2011-04-15T21:30:49.696685Z [7712] palm-webos user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.public}: ERROR: "org.webosinternals.govnah" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "org.webosinternals.govnah" (requester pid: 1702, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
    That went away after a few uninstalls/reinstalls.

    Tapping my profile from the list just reverts to the 500/1000 default profile. I have deleted and started from scratch even starting on the uber default profile and going from there. Same results.

    Is it possible to completely wipe the setup in Govnah and revert to all the stock settings? It seems after a reinstall it still remembers some settings like the batt low speed and cpu voltage settings...

    I know I threw a lot out there... just wondering if others have been able to work around it if they've experienced similar oddities.

    I'll live with it for another day or so and give the doctor another visit if need be. Again if this was mentioned before, I apologize.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  9. #1549  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Is it possible to completely wipe the setup in Govnah and revert to all the stock settings?
    Go into the profile screen and select "delete profile" from the menu. Uninstall Govnah. Install the Palm recovery kernel. Complete phone shutdown. Remove battery for a couple of seconds. Insert battery and power-up.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. #1550  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Go into the profile screen and select "delete profile" from the menu. Uninstall Govnah. Install the Palm recovery kernel. Complete phone shutdown. Remove battery for a couple of seconds. Insert battery and power-up.

    -- Rod
    Great. Thanks Rod.
    I had not gotten that far in my thinking yet.
    Will try that now.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  11. #1551  
    Well I followed your steps Rod, but it appears that after getting set up with Govnah and Uber again the problem still happens very similar to before, except this time...

    After following those steps, then installing Govnah and Uber, doing a full restart, I went into Govnah and setup my profile.

    I restarted luna and the profile stuck as expected. I did a full restart and Govnah reset back to Uber Default profile. If I select my profile at that point, when it goes back to the main scene it says the profile in use is the default 500/1000 profile (including of which is running the compcache at 10MB).

    Any suggestions or certain logs I could capture from Lumberjack?

    Thanks.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  12. #1552  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Well I followed your steps Rod, but it appears that after getting set up with Govnah and Uber again the problem still happens very similar to before, except this time...

    After following those steps, then installing Govnah and Uber, doing a full restart, I went into Govnah and setup my profile.

    I restarted luna and the profile stuck as expected. I did a full restart and Govnah reset back to Uber Default profile. If I select my profile at that point, when it goes back to the main scene it says the profile in use is the default 500/1000 profile (including of which is running the compcache at 10MB).

    Any suggestions or certain logs I could capture from Lumberjack?

    Thanks.
    You should email the govnah profiles to yourself and then post them here.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #1553  
    proc_version: Linux version 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 (v2.1.0-18@org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre) (gcc version 4.3.3 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q1-203) ) #2 Wed Mar 9 02:33:23 UTC 2011
    Current:

    From Service:
    Governor: screenstate
    Scheduler: cfq
    Congestion: cubic
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 1 GHz
    CPU Voltage: 62 66 62 60 38 36 30
    System Voltage: 44 36 30
    temp limit: 55 C
    temp reset: 50 C
    batt low thresh: 15 %
    batt low speed: 720 MHz
    override charger: true
    compcache enabled: true
    compcache memlimit: 10 MB


    Files:

    cpufreq_file
    description "Govnah Settings"

    start on stopped finish

    script

    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevBootPanicked`" = "false" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevShutdownClean`" = "true" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m -n com.palm.system last_umount_clean`" = "true" ] || exit 0

    echo -n 'screenstate' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo -n '500000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo -n '1000000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    echo -n '62 66 62 60 38 36 30' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/vdd1_vsel
    echo -n '44 36 30' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/vdd2_vsel
    echo -n '55' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/cpu_hightemp_alarm
    echo -n '50' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/cpu_hightemp_reset
    echo -n '15' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/battery_scaleback_percent
    echo -n '720000' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/battery_scaleback_speed
    echo -n '1' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/override/override_charger

    end script

    compcache_file
    description "Govnah CompCache Configuration"

    start on stopped finish
    stop on runlevel [!2]

    script

    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevBootPanicked`" = "false" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevShutdownClean`" = "true" ] || exit 0
    [ "`/usr/bin/lunaprop -m -n com.palm.system last_umount_clean`" = "true" ] || exit 0

    swapoff -a
    insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/xvmalloc.ko
    insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/ramzswap.ko memlimit_kb=24576 backing_swap=/dev/mapper/store-swap
    sleep 3
    swapon /dev/ramzswap0 -p 1

    end script


    Profiles:

    (15) TestSS
    Governor: screenstate
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 1 GHz
    CPU Voltage: 62 66 62 60 38 36 30
    System Voltage: 44 36 30
    temp limit: 55 C
    temp reset: 50 C
    batt low thresh: 15 %
    batt low speed: 720 MHz
    override charger: true
    compcache enabled: true
    compcache memlimit: 24 MB
    (1) Screenstate 500/1000 v12
    Governor: screenstate
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 1 GHz
    (2) Screenstate 500/800 v12
    Governor: screenstate
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 800 MHz
    (3) Fixed Speed 800 v12
    Governor: performance
    min freq: 800 MHz
    max freq: 800 MHz
    (4) Fixed Speed 720 v12
    Governor: performance
    min freq: 720 MHz
    max freq: 720 MHz
    (5) Fixed Speed 600 v12
    Governor: performance
    min freq: 600 MHz
    max freq: 600 MHz
    (6) UberKernel Default v12
    Governor: userspace
    min freq: 125 MHz
    max freq: 1 GHz
    setspeed: 500 MHz
    (7) VDemand 1005 v12
    Governor: vdemand
    min freq: 1.005 GHz
    max freq: 1.005 GHz
    (8) Screenstate2 500/800 v12
    Governor: screenstate-v2
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 800 MHz
    (9) Screenstate2 500/1005 v12
    Governor: screenstate-v2
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 1.005 GHz
    (10) Screenstate2 500/1100 v15
    Governor: screenstate-v2
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 1.1 GHz
    (11) F104A Default v15
    Governor: ondemand
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 1.1 GHz
    sampling rate: 0.2 Sec
    up threshold: 80 %
    ignore nice load: false
    powersave bias: 0
    (12) OnDemandTcl 1200 v13
    Governor: ondemandtcl
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 1.2 GHz
    (13) Warthog Default v12
    Governor: userspace
    min freq: 125 MHz
    max freq: 1.05 GHz
    setspeed: 500 MHz
    (14) Palm Default v12
    Governor: userspace
    min freq: 125 MHz
    max freq: 600 MHz
    setspeed: 500 MHz


    After selecting my profile, it switches to that default 500/1000 screenstate, but if I edit those settings back to match my profile and save it, it runs my profile again until a reboot.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  14. #1554  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    proc_version: Linux version 2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 (v2.1.0-18@org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre) (gcc version 4.3.3 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q1-203) ) #2 Wed Mar 9 02:33:23 UTC 2011
    Current:

    From Service:
    Governor: screenstate
    Scheduler: cfq
    Congestion: cubic
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 1 GHz
    CPU Voltage: 62 66 62 60 38 36 30
    System Voltage: 44 36 30
    temp limit: 55 C
    temp reset: 50 C
    batt low thresh: 15 %
    batt low speed: 720 MHz
    override charger: true
    compcache enabled: true
    compcache memlimit: 10 MB

    Profiles:

    (15) TestSS
    Governor: screenstate
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 1 GHz
    CPU Voltage: 62 66 62 60 38 36 30
    System Voltage: 44 36 30
    temp limit: 55 C
    temp reset: 50 C
    batt low thresh: 15 %
    batt low speed: 720 MHz
    override charger: true
    compcache enabled: true
    compcache memlimit: 24 MB
    (1) Screenstate 500/1000 v12
    Governor: screenstate
    min freq: 500 MHz
    max freq: 1 GHz

    After selecting my profile, it switches to that default 500/1000 screenstate, but if I edit those settings back to match my profile and save it, it runs my profile again until a reboot.
    Govnah will display the first profile that matches current conditions.

    You have a complex profile that is a superset of the default profile. If any one of the current settings does not match the complex profile (such as the compcache memlimit in this case as can be seen from the email log), Govnah will display the best match - which in this case is the default profile.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #1555  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    When searching i recommend using google, and add the "site:forums.precentral.net" text to the search string. I've found the search function of this forum to be terrible.
    Thanks. I will try that.
  16. #1556  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Govnah will display the first profile that matches current conditions.

    You have a complex profile that is a superset of the default profile. If any one of the current settings does not match the complex profile (such as the compcache memlimit in this case as can be seen from the email log), Govnah will display the best match - which in this case is the default profile.

    -- Rod
    It seems that even if I don't create such a complex profile (doesn't matter what governor I use), it either reverts to a similar one or it displays "unknown".

    What would be causing this to all of a sudden not match certain settings, then revert to a profile that is similar after it's been working great for so long?

    Is there anything that could be modified to that default profile(s) or my profile so that I can get it to return to operating the way it was (meaning restoring my profile after a restart)?

    I've started over a handful of times following those steps you posted a few posts back. The only way to go back to my profile is to change the setting and resave it as the same name, then it works (until a restart).

    Thanks for your time Rod.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  17. #1557  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    It seems that even if I don't create such a complex profile (doesn't matter what governor I use), it either reverts to a similar one or it displays "unknown"
    Your generate email output tells the story. Your current compcache memlimit didn't match what's in the profile, so Govnah says "unknown".

    I suspect the same will be true for the other situations you are seeing. Only by posting the generate email output can we be sure for each one.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18. #1558  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Your generate email output tells the story. Your current compcache memlimit didn't match what's in the profile, so Govnah says "unknown".

    I suspect the same will be true for the other situations you are seeing. Only by posting the generate email output can we be sure for each one.

    -- Rod
    So what makes a user generated profile not match some settings after a reboot, therefore reverting it to one similar or unknown?

    After some further testing I am starting to wonder if the problem is something to do with the compcache.

    Starting with a clean install of Uber and Govnah, I take the default 500/1000 screenstate (with 10mb compcache) and use that as my profile. After it is applied, I disable compcache (so I can change it), change the value to something other than 10mb, enable compcache, then apply the settings.

    Done differently two ways... one way I save the profile exactly like the default name and the other way as a new profile name.

    After the restart, the one saved as the same name (as the default 500/1000) will display that, but with 10mb compcache and the one saved as a custom profile reverts to unknown and 10mb compcache.

    It also appears that after a few restarts the default profiles double up in the list, meaning they appear twice for each entry. This is something new that I've not seen before.

    Something is messed up somewhere. The above was all done after I doctored again today just to have a clean slate.


    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  19. #1559  
    The stock Palm 2.1 kernel on a Pre has a built-in 10MB compcache upstart file that takes precendence on boot over any Govnah settings.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. #1560  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The stock Palm 2.1 kernel on a Pre has a built-in 10MB compcache upstart file that takes precendence on boot over any Govnah settings.

    -- Rod
    And if Uber Kernel is installed and not the stock Palm 2.1 kernel?

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie

Posting Permissions