Page 77 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #1521  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    That may be true but for some reason AS performs better. In my older kernels I used NOOP, but switched to AS. In newer kernels I am trying deadline with a single queue instead of 16 (which should give the same effect as NOOP).

    The latency introduced in AS may be shown in a "smoother" experience. Technically NOOP should be the defacto setting since it's flash, but it doesnt seem to do well in the Pre. CFQ just sux. YMMV.
    This anti-intuitive result is what I saw playing with F102A which is why I am trying it on UK now. I wanted to be able to downclock lower while screen was off and not go as high while it was on so UK was the ticket. I do like the idea of a lean mean kernel however.
  2. #1522  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    That may be true but for some reason AS performs better. In my older kernels I used NOOP, but switched to AS. In newer kernels I am trying deadline with a single queue instead of 16 (which should give the same effect as NOOP).

    The latency introduced in AS may be shown in a "smoother" experience. Technically NOOP should be the defacto setting since it's flash, but it doesnt seem to do well in the Pre. CFQ just sux. YMMV.
    NOOP rocks my Pre (-) so I will mostly stick with that.
    I will try deadline on the F105-20 on my phone though and see if its even better.

    Thanks as always UNIX
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  3. #1523  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    What is Screenstate V2?
    Here you can find more information about it.

    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$ $is$ $the$ $screenstate$ $governor$ $with$ $ondemand$ $voltage$ $scaling$... $Note$ $that$ $it$'$s$ $only$ $available$ $in$ $experimental$ $kernels$!
  4. #1524  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Whenever the phone starts to lag, running top from a CLI shows various palm-services eating up 100% CPU time (guess that's what happens when you move from Java to interpreted Javascript). I've had problems with this happening when the screen is off (CPU is running at 500mhz) and the massive drag on the CPU causing me to miss phone calls, text messages, or alarms.
    Yeah, webOS 2.1 has lots of node.jsjsjs $services$ $that$ $run$ $in$ $the$ $background$ $whenever$ $you$ $get$ $a$ $new$ $text$ $message$ $or$ $email$ $or$ $facebook$ $update$, $to$ $do$ $all$ $the$ $synergy$ $contact$ $linking$.

    So yes, the governor you choose for 2.1 may well be different from the one that worked well for you on 1.4.5

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. #1525  
    @Rod
    Has anyone else noticed that when you make your own profile it doesn't stay named?
    I made my own profile to use and this morning when I went to change it for work. it said profile name unknown? I'm on a pre - with 2.1 installed. It looks like it was still using my settings but not the name.
    - Skinneejay -
  6. #1526  
    This usually occurs when the phone drops down to a slower speed that you have setup in that profile. Ie your battery hitting the point you specified and it going down in speed to 700mhz.
  7. #1527  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    @Rod
    Has anyone else noticed that when you make your own profile it doesn't stay named?
    I made my own profile to use and this morning when I went to change it for work. it said profile name unknown? I'm on a pre - with 2.1 installed. It looks like it was still using my settings but not the name.

    I'm willing to bet the following two statements are true:


    • You tried to change your compcache setting.
    • You rebooted your phone sometime after saving the new profile.



    Correct?

    This is because Govnah can't (currently) configure your compcache setting at boot-time like it used to because HP's script overrides it. So no matter what you tell Govnah to do, HP sets a 10M compcache resulting in an "Unknown" being displayed in Govnah.


    M.
  8. #1528  
    Thank you sir. I must have missed this in the thread and the wiki. Sometimes I read way to fast. lol

    Both are true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I'm willing to bet the following two statements are true:


    • You tried to change your compcache setting.
    • You rebooted your phone sometime after saving the new profile.



    Correct?

    This is because Govnah can't (currently) configure your compcache setting at boot-time like it used to because HP's script overrides it. So no matter what you tell Govnah to do, HP sets a 10M compcache resulting in an "Unknown" being displayed in Govnah.


    M.
    - Skinneejay -
  9. #1529  
    Quote Originally Posted by quini View Post
    Here you can find more information about it.

    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$ $is$ $the$ $screenstate$ $governor$ $with$ $ondemand$ $voltage$ $scaling$... $Note$ $that$ $it$'$s$ $only$ $available$ $in$ $experimental$ $kernels$!

    I didn't see it directly listed but I did see "next generation screenstate" listed on the SR71 description and "New screenstate" on the F105. Not a lot of actual info here but more than I had, thank you.
  10. #1530  
    I just installed f-104a on a sprint pre- and everything seems to be running nicely. However in govnah I only have one profile 250/1100 screenstate. When I select it I get unknown as my selected profile. Anyone else?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  11. #1531  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    I just installed f-104a on a sprint pre- and everything seems to be running nicely. However in govnah I only have one profile 250/1100 screenstate. When I select it I get unknown as my selected profile. Anyone else?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I removed 250Mhz. So that profile will never stick. Too many Pre's, including my new one, cant run under 500MHz reliably.
    Live free or DIE!
  12. #1532  
    ok that was just the only profile that was set up when i first dr. to 2.1 and installed the f104. i will change it to 500/1100 and see if the name sticks.
    thanks
  13. #1533  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I removed 250Mhz. So that profile will never stick. Too many Pre's, including my new one, cant run under 500MHz reliably.
    Govnah's default profiles haven't caught up yet.

    -- Rod
  14. #1534  
    I got a new PRE! Woohoo! Well actually it's still my same old Sprint Palm Pre, but I just installed Govnah & Uber Kernal. Can you say: "Holy Cow Batman!" ? That Pre is faster n greased lightening! Have it set according to directions from Preware's Homebrew Documentation app : 500/1000 and am seeing an immediate turbo boost in response times! Should've done this many moons ago. Would've prolly saved me tons of frustration! Hope it remains stable. Not too concerned with battery life as I am rarely very far from a charger. Thank you Homebrew for breathing new life into my Pocket Fuzz!
  15. #1535  
    has anyone experienced govnah to be suddenly changing your profile from one to another? it happened to me a couple of times when the profile will be set to screenstate 500/1000 or uberkernal default when i am usually using palm default or fixed 600.

    thanks
  16. #1536  
    Not sure if this is a Govnah or Kernel issue...

    I have noticed whenever F105 Thunderchief switches to the "BATT LOW SPEED" the Profile reported by Govnah changes to "Unknown".
  17. #1537  
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    Not sure if this is a Govnah or Kernel issue...

    I have noticed whenever F105 Thunderchief switches to the "BATT LOW SPEED" the Profile reported by Govnah changes to "Unknown".
    This is a known issue. I believe rwhitby covered it a few pages back in this thread.
  18. #1538  
    Hey!

    I have a quick question about Govnah. Is the swap reading at the bottom with or without what's in compcache?

    Meaning, if it says 30M and I have a 16M compcahe, does that mean 14M is UN-compressed?

    Thanks!


    M.
  19. #1539  
    First off, thanks for this great app. Under compache swap I have it set to 128MB. It is displaying 75680 as the value. Is this what it is supposed to display? When I save the 128MB value it stays that way until I switch to another app, back swipe out, or use the center of the gesture area. When I reenter and check the value it displays 75680. I am using a Sprint FrankenPre Plus on webos 2.1. Thanks.
  20. #1540  
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    First off, thanks for this great app. Under compache swap I have it set to 128MB. It is displaying 75680 as the value. Is this what it is supposed to display? When I save the 128MB value it stays that way until I switch to another app, back swipe out, or use the center of the gesture area. When I reenter and check the value it displays 75680. I am using a Sprint FrankenPre Plus on webos 2.1. Thanks.
    Changing compcache is covered many, many times in this thread, and in other places. Have you read this thread, or at least the last 10 pages?

    If you want help you'll need to explain the exact steps that you are taking to try and change compcache, and where you are reading numbers, etc.

Posting Permissions