Page 75 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
  1. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #1481  
    My pre has grind to a halt, almost frozen up. I think its a memory leak.

    I'm running the kernel in my sig, and Govnah is reporting 489 / 0 MB under memory/swap

    JStop is only reporting ~57 MBin use though. What's going on?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

    Thanks webOS Internals!

    @thereddestdog
  2. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #1482  
    And it just restarted on its own
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

    Thanks webOS Internals!

    @thereddestdog
  3. #1483  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    And it just restarted on its own
    don't know about your pre+ with 2.1 -- my pre 2 with 2.0.1 will grind to a halt if i leave govnah open for more then a couple of minuets --

    just sayin
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  4. #1484  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    My pre has grind to a halt, almost frozen up. I think its a memory leak.

    I'm running the kernel in my sig, and Govnah is reporting 489 / 0 MB under memory/swap

    JStop is only reporting ~57 MBin use though. What's going on?
    Any chance you're using Bluetooth audio? I'm in the process of building a case for a memory leak when using a music player app over BT on a Pre+ with 2.1.
  5. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #1485  
    Nope, just a few cards open while I'm bartending. FB, carbon, forums, messaging
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

    Thanks webOS Internals!

    @thereddestdog
  6. #1486  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Nope, just a few cards open while I'm bartending. FB, carbon, forums, messaging
    You could try rebooting and only loading one app, then watch Govnah's memory usage to see if it has the leak. If you figure out which program you can report that in the right thread.
  7. #1487  
    Is it normal for the number of service handles (as seen in JStop) for Govnah to be increasing at a rate of approx 5 handles every 5-10 seconds?
    I have only the phone radio on (no data), and three apps: Govnah, JStop, and Music Player Remix loaded.

    Right now it's at 357 handles and climbing...

    I closed MPR and it dropped instantly to around 20, then started climbing again.

    Apologies if this is a dumb question, but know very little about the inner workings of Govnah, or java...

    Edit: Also, if i turn off the screen Govnah's handles count in JStop drops to near zero, then begins climbing again as long as the phone is on.
  8. #1488  
    Garbage collection happens when you turn the screen off.

    -- Rod
  9. #1489  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Garbage collection happens when you turn the screen off.

    -- Rod
    Thanks. That explains the drop when i turn the screen off.

    Should i infer from your lack of comment on the rest of my post that it is not unusual to see such a large number of handles, and for it to be climbing at such a fast rate?
  10. #1490  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    My pre has grind to a halt, almost frozen up. I think its a memory leak.

    I'm running the kernel in my sig, and Govnah is reporting 489 / 0 MB under memory/swap

    JStop is only reporting ~57 MBin use though. What's going on?

    Any chance you have Govnah set to update icon? I had the exact same issue if I had that checked. When I set it to not update icon, the problem went away.
  11. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #1491  
    Quote Originally Posted by whitec View Post
    Any chance you have Govnah set to update icon? I had the exact same issue if I had that checked. When I set it to not update icon, the problem went away.
    Nope, turned off
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

    Thanks webOS Internals!

    @thereddestdog
  12. #1492  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Not sure Govnah should be made into a diagnostic tool. For it to poll while the screen is off will kill the battery quicker since the phone will have to wake up from sleep in order to get all the values. Best bet is to use CLI.
    OK - so based on your answer the Kernel speed is not logged by default? Hummmmm. I didn't expect that.
  13. #1493  
    i thought i remember seeing somewhere that there was a problem with carbon. If you leave it on and have notifications on once you receive your first notification this causes a memory leak. the first time it happened to me my battery drained so fast. only fix was a full restart.
  14. #1494  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    OK - so based on your answer the Kernel speed is not logged by default? Hummmmm. I didn't expect that.
    Govnah polls the kernel for all the information it displays. The polling frequency is set by the user. Each poll requires waking up a C service, and corresponding Javascript code to record and display it. All that eats your battery.

    We do not recommend that you leave Govnah running unless you are actively looking at the graphs to confirm something.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #1495  
    hey!
    i have one question.
    I have Webos 2.1 with the stadard kernel and everytime i reboot i have to switch back to my 600Mhz Profile. Is there a way to "lock" this?
  16. #1496  
    Quote Originally Posted by flochen View Post
    hey!
    i have one question.
    I have Webos 2.1 with the stadard kernel and everytime i reboot i have to switch back to my 600Mhz Profile. Is there a way to "lock" this?
    I always have to select my profile twice for it to survive a reboot.


    M.
  17. #1497  
    Quote Originally Posted by flochen View Post
    hey!
    i have one question.
    I have Webos 2.1 with the stadard kernel and everytime i reboot i have to switch back to my 600Mhz Profile. Is there a way to "lock" this?
    If you use the userspace governor, it will be overridden by the palm software.

    Use UberKernel and screenstate.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18. #1498  
    is there no way?
    with uberkernel my experience was bad. i have a pre-
    i think that the memory management of ueberkernel is not so good like with the original kernel, many a time my device stop to work for some seconds etc and slow down massive :-( so i switched back to the palm kernel
    using and tests with the "ram drive" does not solve the problem.
  19. #1499  
    Quote Originally Posted by flochen View Post
    is there no way?
    with uberkernel my experience was bad. i have a pre-
    i think that the memory management of ueberkernel is not so good like with the original kernel, many a time my device stop to work for some seconds etc and slow down massive :-( so i switched back to the palm kernel
    using and tests with the "ram drive" does not solve the problem.
    Your experience is atypical.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. #1500  
    I have a potentially stupid question.

    I have a Pre 2 running a stock 2.1 kernel. When I run Govnah, it gives me a frequency that spikes between 300MHz and 1GHz, with it being on 300MHz the majority of the time.

    Is this normal? If it isn't, is there anything I can do to fix this?

    Thanks!

    Edit: This is with no other open cards.

Posting Permissions