Page 72 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I'm playing with it (translated) into "standard" JavaScript and am getting the same thing. I'm playing with it, though.

M.
    I see the bug - ([^-]+) won't match psycho-f105

I'll fix it tomorrow.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I see the bug - ([^-]+) won't match psycho-f105

I'll fix it tomorrow.

-- Rod
    DAMN! And I was so close!

Thank you, Rod. Have a good night!

M.
    Is anyone else having voltage issues with the latest Govnah update 7.16?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    DAMN! And I was so close!
    Govnah 0.7.17 released to testing feed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by PixiPlusSlic View Post
    Is anyone else having voltage issues with the latest Govnah update 7.16?
    This post does not contain the information that is expected to be included in each and every problem report by those alpha testing Govnah.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.

-- Rod

It's lookin' good!

Thanks, man!

M.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Rod,

Can some logic be included in Govnah to determine if the phone is being charged via USB, and hence clocked down while charging? It clocks down on my Touchstone, but not when connected via USB (until the screen turns off) -- using Screenstate 500/1000.

Thanks,
    Rick
    what does the profile uberkernel default mean and has anyone tried it?
    i have 7.17 and F105-162 installed and after a reset the custom profile i have made is not sticking -- is this normal?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, and if so, if there is a solution...

Running Uberkernal 1.4.5.119 and Govnah 0.7.7 on an AT&T Pre +. I normally run Screenstate 500/1000.

Recently I noticed that if I run AT&T Navigator, after around 5 minutes of solid GPS signal, I start getting GPS error messages... "There is no GPS signal in this area" and the message only goes away if I exit the program and re-enter it. Then it repeats, only the amount of time until I get the error message decreases with each attempt.

After much experimentation, I discovered that if I set Govnah to the Palm default profile, I stop getting the errors.

Here's my theory... Since for AT&T Navigator to be useful on a trip, it must be kept plugged in via USB, and the screen stays on the entire time, I'm guessing that the phone is overheating when I'm overclocking, and that is affecting the GPS chip on board.

Is this possible, or am I barking up the wrong tree? Is there a setting in Govnah that I could change to deal with this possible issue?

Any help would be appreciated. Funny thing is that this is a particularly difficult issue to troubleshoot, since it's hard to change settings when you are driving.

Thanks in advance.
    --Ira
    I have all kinds of issues with GPS when running at speeds >600 on a Sprint Pre. It could be that running at the higher speeds is causing interference with the GPS radio. I remember reading somewhere that Palm decided to underclock Pre's from the factory due to interference issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    I have all kinds of issues with GPS when running at speeds >600 on a Sprint Pre. It could be that running at the higher speeds is causing interference with the GPS radio. I remember reading somewhere that Palm decided to underclock Pre's from the factory due to interference issues.

You did read right. That is indeed what Palm said. I do have to say, however, I also have a Sprint Pre Minus and have been using all these Overclocking Kernels for close to a year now and haven't *noticed* any great issues. *Noticed*. I supposed the chance exists that I don't actually use it often enough or long enough, but whenever I need it, it's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i have 7.17 and F105-162 installed and after a reset the custom profile i have made is not sticking -- is this normal?
    Yes. F105 is not intended to be a fully configurable kernel like UberKernel.

-- Rod
    I don't use GPS very often so most of the time it's running 500/1000 anyway. Anytime I do need to use it, a couple of taps with Govnah and I'm set at 500...problem solved.

GPS and Tethering speeds are the only 2 things I have found to date which seem to work much better when not overclocked.
    Yes. F105 is not intended to be a fully configurable kernel like UberKernel.

-- Rod
    Thanks -- however this seems odd to me as custom profiles for F105 have always stuck prior to this go around of updates
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Thanks -- however this seems odd to me as custom profiles for F105 have always stuck prior to this go around of updates
    Well, to be more precise in my answer:

F105 has a built-in default configuration which is different from the Palm kernel, and it intentionally does not allow full customisation of all options.

It also has an upstart script which hard-codes (for example) compcache settings.

Both of these things can cause some Govnah profile settings to be excluded or overridden on boot.

-- Rod
    Hello. Please forgive me if I am jumping into the wrong thread, or if all of this has been covered (which I am sure it has, somewhere). Please direct me to where I can get some help.

I have been a webOS user for about a year now, and just installed the UberKernel and Govnah on my Verizon Palm Pre. I did this because I do not like how my battery drains so quickly.

First of all, quite simply, I do not know what I have to execute just to have the necessary control that I need. UberKernel and Govnah installed application icons that appear on my launcher. When I tap UberKernel, I just get the help. Can I or should I hide this? Can I delete it? Do I need to have this active (that is, tap it every time I reboot the Pre)?

Same for Govnah. Do I have to tap this icon on the launcher every time I reboot so that it is "running"? Or does it always run because I ran it before and it remembers?

Also, I could not find anywhere where ALL of the options of Govnah are explained. I understand most of the Governor classes. However, no clear recommendations are made about how to set them. How do you control the battery temperature corrections? What are the recommended values for Compcache (based on the different uses of the Pre)?

How can I set I/O Scheduler and TCP Congestion to best suit my needs. I use the WiFi hotspot quite a bit, so you would think I should set TCP Congestion value to the best value for that.
    @wsmyth:

Re: Uberkernel icon. You do not need to tap it et al. It is essentially a placeholder to let you know that the kernel is installed.

Re: Govnah
    In each scene under advanced settings, there is a blue "?" icon in the top right corner. Tap that then tap a field you want to know more about. Note: not all fields have additional descriptions though. ALSO: once you have selected your settings and saved them as a "Profile" in govnah and activated that profile; you do not need to 'tap' govnah to start each time.

Re: Settings to use.
    As everyone's phone is different, there are no recommended values etc. This would place webos internals in a difficult spot if your phone crashed and/or data was lost. Some phones are just 'tougher' than others. The best anyone could do is tell you 'their' settings and what works for 'their' phone. Most here have done extensive trial and error to get the settings that they prefer. This is your destiny as well if you want to find the best combo for your phone.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmyth View Post
    Hello. Please forgive me if I am jumping into the wrong thread, or if all of this has been covered (which I am sure it has, somewhere). Please direct me to where I can get some help.

I have been a webOS user for about a year now, and just installed the UberKernel and Govnah on my Verizon Palm Pre. I did this because I do not like how my battery drains so quickly.
    You might find some battery savings using Govnah and UkerK, but you will find better battery by turning off the data and gps radios when not needed. These drain the battery quite fast.

You would benefit from checking out this http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-...you-think.html. It shows an example of how to use ModeSwitcher to turn your phone radios on and off automatically.