Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273747580 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i have govnah 7.11 and f105-158 installed -- manual entry in the preferences of govnah is set to no -- i have no toggles in the advanced settings and i cannot change any settings --ie override charger -- this is only seeing to be happening in the governer parameters scene --
    Try 0.7.12, which now supports screenstate-v2.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    nevermind -- Rod you fixed my issues before i could type my full comment -- YOU ARE AWSOME GUYS thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Don't forget the WebOS Internals donation link: http://donate.webos-internals.org/ ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    The latest version of Govnah is just great. I really like the new profile list.

I'm getting paid soon, so I'll donate again on pay day.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    The latest version of Govnah is just great. I really like the new profile list.
    - it's not new - it's been in there for months and months.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Try 0.7.12, which now supports screenstate-v2.

-- Rod
    I do not know how to do it, but it looks like the cpu voltage can not be saved in the profile or it can not be changed in the F105-158 kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by guokejun View Post
    I do not know how to do it, but it looks like the cpu voltage can not be saved in the profile or it can not be changed in the F105-158 kernel.

You're right. VDD1 isn't adjustable:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2823197#post2823083

M.
    Screenstate v2 will not allow it. Other governors allow it.

http://forums.precentral.net/2823083-post786.html
    Live free or DIE!
    Who is problem? Govnah or kernel? Other kernel works good?

You are using alpha-grade testing builds. Expect things to change from build to build. Neither is at fault. Govnah is doing what it's supposed to be doing and the kernel is NOT doing what it's not supposed to be doing.

Or you could just read the links 'Psycho and I posted...

M.
    Really????

There is no problem.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Screenstate v2 will not allow it. Other governors allow it.

http://forums.precentral.net/2823083-post786.html
    No, it seems like every governors not allow this. I test Screenstate v2 and ondemand and they both not allow it. It seems the link you give is bad.
    No, it seems like every governors not allow this. I test Screenstate v2 and ondemand and they both not allow it. It seems the link you give is bad.
    Really? I'm looking at the conservative governor with CPU voltage fields right now.

And for giggles ondemand has it too from what I see.

Bad link eh? ok?
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Really? I'm looking at the conservative governor with CPU voltage fields right now.

And for giggles ondemand has it too from what I see.

Bad link eh? ok?
    Link is OK now. And I know the kernel and govnah is testing build, but every-time you guys put new version on the Internet, I always want to install it into my pre right now.

Thanks!
    Link is OK now. And I know the kernel and govnah is testing build, but every-time you guys put new version on the Internet, I always want to install it into my pre right now.
    You should peruse the information about any changes to items from the testing feeds *before* installing them, so that you can make an informed decision and not ask questions that are already documented in the corresponding alpha testing forum threads. This is a requirement for using the alpha testing feeds, as noted on the wiki page which details the instructions for adding the feeds.

-- Rod
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have govnah 0.7.13 and TC - 158 installed -- i cannot reduce the battery low threshold or change the batt low speed and make them stick. Is this A) a kernel issue B) a govnah issue or C) intentional?

thanks
    Rob
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have govnah 0.7.13 and TC - 158 installed -- i cannot reduce the battery low threshold or change the batt low speed and make them stick. Is this A) a kernel issue B) a govnah issue or C) intentional?

thanks
    Rob
    It's a TC-158 issue. Lumberjack will show you the error message being returned from the kernel. I'll be pushing a Govnah 0.7.14 which will show the error message to the user.

-- Rod
    Should this error message mean anything to me?

"Unable to open /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/screenstate"

Just moved to:
    Govnah 0.7.14
    UberKernel 1.4.5-158

Does this mean anything for UK? Everything seems to be working, but I did have to recreate my custom profiles again.

EDIT: I seem to recall this error in Lumberjack too. I realize now that the new error reporting is simply popping up the precondition error. Not a bigdeal then, I guess. (?)
    Last edited by palmuse; 01/13/2011 at 07:54 AM.
    I have govnah 7.7 where do you guyd find all these updates ?
    well I've found out uberkernal with on demand allows this.