Page 7 of 96 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Today, I set the Govnah to userspace 720Mhz to see if battery life is improved versus ondemand or conservative

Here are the results so far today:
    - 952AM 100% battery...set userspace to 720Mhz...off touchstone...govnah open
    - 1115am 92% battery...off touchstone....no activity...govnah active...temp 25-29C
    - 1240PM 85% battery...off touchstone...only two texts, one email...govnah active...temp 25-31C
    - 145PM 69% battery...off touchstone...no activity...govnah active...temp 25-31C
    Just installed this app. very cool. thanks!
    ok i need some help. im new at this, ive doctored my pre its fully updated, i installed both uberkernal and govnah, when i run govnah the only 2 settings i have are ondemand and userspace. where are the others? did i miss a step? any help would be great. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua_s4 View Post
    ok i need some help. im new at this, ive doctored my pre its fully updated, i installed both uberkernal and govnah, when i run govnah the only 2 settings i have are ondemand and userspace. where are the others? did i miss a step? any help would be great. thanks
    When you used Preware to install these, it would have requested a reboot of the device - did you accept that?

-- Rod
    forgive me if this has been mentioned, but would it be possible to make a patch that would display what govnah setting we are using on the top bar. Similar to the ringer icon patch? like SS for screen state, OD for On demand ect? I flip my settings a few times a day and sometimes I forget what setting it is on, causing me to have to spend a few opening govnah and finding its where i need it..... Thanks again for making my Pre amazing!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    forgive me if this has been mentioned, but would it be possible to make a patch that would display what govnah setting we are using on the top bar. Similar to the ringer icon patch? like SS for screen state, OD for On demand ect? I flip my settings a few times a day and sometimes I forget what setting it is on, causing me to have to spend a few opening govnah and finding its where i need it..... Thanks again for making my Pre amazing!
    that's a very good idea, would be great if it was part of the app that you can turn on in the preferences.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    whats everyone using as their settings, I am using SS at min of 500 mhz and a max of 720 mhz when the screen is on. Batter Performance is marginal at best for me.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I have a question. how do i interpret those numbers in Govnah in the load average area? Looks like three different numbers, have no idea what they mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Even better would be some integration with Mode Switcher, so when the ModeSwitcher program switches my other settings automatically via GPS or time of day trigger the Govnah setting would change at the same time
    Quote Originally Posted by BS Mann View Post
    Even better would be some integration with Mode Switcher, so when the ModeSwitcher program switches my other settings automatically via GPS or time of day trigger the Govnah setting would change at the same time
    We've been in discussions with sconix regarding that for a number of days. Changes are required in both apps to make it happen, but it should happen within a couple of weeks or so I expect.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11.    #131  
    Govnah v0.3.0 has dropped in the testing feed.

Includes profile support.
    Last edited by oil; 05/10/2010 at 05:36 AM.
    OK, we've found the way to determine if the last reboot was user-initiated or not.

Code:
    lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevShutdownClean
    returns false after a power wiggle wiggle, and true after a blob+sym+r

So it's all just implementation time from here to get sticky profiles.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, we've found the way to determine if the last reboot was user-initiated or not.

-- Rod
    just wanted to throw in to check with the menu reboot command as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

Code:
    lunaprop -m com.palm.properties.prevShutdownClean

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    just wanted to throw in to check with the menu reboot command as well.
    Also please make sure to check the value after apps that shut down such as Jason's Preset Reset.

Great work BTW!!!!
    Last edited by jcole01272; 05/10/2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: spelling
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Works great!!

Just the possibility to make the profile sticky after reboot and it would be perfect..!!
    I know security reasons.. But maybe there are some people who know what they are doing..
    Maybe a dumb question but will just changing the profile from one to another change govnahs behavior or do you have to change profile hit governor then save settings?
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Lots of freezing when switching between governors, and even after applying some. Using the newest Uberkernel and Govnah. Anything I can try?
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    Maybe a dumb question but will just changing the profile from one to another change govnahs behavior or do you have to change profile hit governor then save settings?
    Tapping the profile changes the governor and applies the settings. You don't have to do anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Tapping the profile changes the governor and applies the settings. You don't have to do anything else.
    how do u erase a profile?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    how do u erase a profile?
    How else do you delete things from a list in webos

Swipe-to-delete.

Note: you can't delete the palm default profile though.
Page 7 of 96 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast