Page 68 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    got a replacement pre today and the first thing i installed were govnah and uberkernel. but for whatever reason i can't change my profile. i had my old pre clocked at 500/800 but this one doesn't seem to want to change. maybe i'm forgetting a step as it has been months since i had to do any changes? i should be able to click on profiles, pick one, and be done. right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    got a replacement pre today and the first thing i installed were govnah and uberkernel. but for whatever reason i can't change my profile. i had my old pre clocked at 500/800 but this one doesn't seem to want to change. maybe i'm forgetting a step as it has been months since i had to do any changes? i should be able to click on profiles, pick one, and be done. right?

After you reboot your phone like Preware told you that you had to, yes.

M.
    yea, doesn't seem to work for whatever reason. odd.
    i take it back. apparently all i did was a luna restart. my bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    yea, doesn't seem to work for whatever reason. odd.
    Do a full device restart anmd see if that does the trick. Do not just do a luna restart. You should see the swirly dot before "palm" appears.
    Sprint Pre. I've been running uberkernel/govnah for over a year, but just noticed a new issue. I have the latest versions from the testing feeds. I had a complete phone meltdown 6 weeks ago where it lost my palm profile, reloaded everything, etc. preware was totally confused but I think i got back to the usual state. I probably should have doctored, but didn't. preware was still confused about uberkernel so i installed the palm default and then the uberkernel again with success. For the past week I've noticed significantly higher battery drain using my usual 500/800 screenstate without compcache. I noticed that load averages were spiking with the screen off up to over 20 across the board and temps were staying in the high 30's, low 40's. Once the screen was on and I left it idle, they would drop down. I have jstop and there isn't anything running in the background other than the system processes. Has anyone seen this? any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by highball View Post
    Sprint Pre. I've been running uberkernel/govnah for over a year, but just noticed a new issue. I have the latest versions from the testing feeds. I had a complete phone meltdown 6 weeks ago where it lost my palm profile, reloaded everything, etc. preware was totally confused but I think i got back to the usual state. I probably should have doctored, but didn't. preware was still confused about uberkernel so i installed the palm default and then the uberkernel again with success. For the past week I've noticed significantly higher battery drain using my usual 500/800 screenstate without compcache. I noticed that load averages were spiking with the screen off up to over 20 across the board and temps were staying in the high 30's, low 40's. Once the screen was on and I left it idle, they would drop down. I have jstop and there isn't anything running in the background other than the system processes. Has anyone seen this? any thoughts?
    High load averages with the screen off is normal.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by highball View Post
    I saw that exact issue once myself. Crazy high loads only when the screen was off. Still keep the screenshot. I uninstalled a couple new patches and UK and reinstalled UK. My issue went away.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    great app!!

i was wondering if someone could give me some advanced settings for a profile that would give me good 1GHz proformance when the screen is on but alos good battery life.

PLEASE HELP

thx
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I'm running the "production" versions of UberKernel (1.4.5-119) and Govnah (0.7.7) in the public preware feeds, on an AT&T Pre Plus. The phone has been giving me frequent device temperature warnings when on the touchstone, running at 500 MHz (Screenstate 800/500).

Wi-fi and phone data are off, and the dashboard notification about high device temperature pops up, but Govnah isn't showing temperature trends over 32/33. Advanced settings show temp limits as 50/55.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Is Govnah misreporting my temperature as lower than it is?
    Is the phone triggering temp warnings at lower temps than Govnah settings indicate?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    So, first of all, I have no problems with Govnah whatsoever, I love it so much! I just have a question

I notice that every now and then my memory swap kind of, well, fills up. I have been able to handle a lot of cards going on at once under the 1ghz uberkernel, but when the swap fills, of course the Too Many Cards error starts appearing. This is with the Compache disabled. Even when I toss all the cards away, the swap still remains high, the highest I've seen being 107mb (sprint Pre) and I forget how much memory it said it was using. Now, I assume this might be normal, not sure. I don't really consider it too big of a problem. I am able to reset the swap and memory usage by switching the Compache on or off, depending on its' current state. After that, everything runs smooth.

So here is my question: Is there any option in Govnah or any other app that will let me just reset the swap without having to switch to/from compressed?
    What does Dashboard do if I enable it?

I have Pixi Plus w/ Uberkernel, Govnah (set to 128 mb). (Also trying to find full Classic ipk.)

Thanks for the post.
    Last edited by Peter Falcon; 12/30/2010 at 04:38 PM. Reason: To indicate I have a Pixi Plus.
  13.    #1353  
    It can't be enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    I saw that exact issue once myself. Crazy high loads only when the screen was off. Still keep the screenshot. I uninstalled a couple new patches and UK and reinstalled UK. My issue went away.
    only thing new was virtual keyboard, keybos, uinput. Uninstalled those, reinstalled uber and things seem back to where they used to be
    Hi, I recently updated to Govnah 0.7.10 via Preware, and now it seems that I can't change my profile. It doesn't even show a profile list anymore. I thougt rebooting my phone might fix it, but I still can't see any profiles, although I can change Advanced Settings and save as new profile.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Hi, I recently updated to Govnah 0.7.10 via Preware, and now it seems that I can't change my profile. It doesn't even show a profile list anymore. I thougt rebooting my phone might fix it, but I still can't see any profiles, although I can change Advanced Settings and save as new profile.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Same issue here. My Profile list is empty, but the profiles *DO* exist because after a reboot (trying to "fix" it...), Govnah showed me my profile named by me, but my list is still empty. That includes the stock profiles too:

First image showing a profile clearly named by me. Second image, a totally empty profiles list.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 01/11/2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: typos...
    i just updated to 0.7.1 and have no issues with the profiles. i do have an issue however -- i updated to the most recent F105 kernel and govnah will no longer allow me to override the charger.. thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  18.    #1358  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Same issue here. My Profile list is empty, but the profiles *DO* exist because after a reboot (trying to "fix" it...), Govnah showed me my profile named by me, but my list is still empty. That includes the stock profiles too:

[...images...]

First image showing a profile clearly named by me. Second image, a totally empty profiles list.
    Xanadu, you always do a great job at reporting things, I wanted to tell you that, its very appreciated here. You should really give Lumberjack a go, It makes it easy to get other useful info for devs, like in this case:
    Code:
    EXCEPTION [profiles#updateList], (TypeError): "Cannot read property '0' of undefined"
    I looked at the code rwhitby added last night, but nothing jumped out at me as a culprit, so it will probably be this afternoon or tomorrow before a fix is out. But its a good thing that the problem was only released to the testing feed. Gotta make sure things in there break every so often so people remember its for testing
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Xanadu, you always do a great job at reporting things, I wanted to tell you that, its very appreciated here.

(...)

Gotta make sure things in there break every so often so people remember its for testing.
    Just trying to help, and that's exactly why! After being in IT since '96 (and having a keyboard under my finger since my Dad brought home a C=64 in '82), when things break, I try to get the info to the devs as fast as I can before (whatever) gets out to the masses. I know how much fun it is having a mailbox blow up from the general masses sending "it don't worky no morez! l8r" type emails. Besides, I'm not a programmer, I don't even pretend to be one on TV, so bug reports is about the best I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    You should really give Lumberjack a go, It makes it easy to get other useful info for devs, like in this case
    I had had it installed when it was new and the couple revs right after. I was having a major battery drain issue at the time (I think it ended up being the Pre really didn't like the size of my GMailbox at the time), but I was taking things off one at a time to see what it was. Lumberjack just never made it back on (kinda forgot... ).

It's now installed again and I'll be putting it to use in the future. I do, however, get the exact same error as you've already posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Govnah
    [2011-01-11 18:38:41] (Govnah) Error: EXCEPTION [profiles#updateList], (TypeError): "Cannot read property '0' of undefined"

M.
    Ah, I came to report F105 and Govnah issues, but I see you guys are already on it...I don't have anything remarkable to report other than to second that those errors are being generated.