Page 65 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1281  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I seem to recall that it had been 'changeable' in the past without this process. As I said, it's been a while since I've edited by CompCache settings. If not, I apologize for the mistake.
    Yeah, we changed the functionality to this recently. Before it let you change it, but I dont think it actually changed the memlimit while it was enabled. It has to be disabled to change the memlimit. This change forces you to use it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Anyway, thanks for the explanation, and those instructions would be a great addition to the help for that scene (that is the first place I looked to see why it would be grayed and non-responsive). Clearly, I should have also gone to the Wiki.
    Yeah, we can get it in the help for that setting.

I'm very bad at changing the wiki or updating the changelog when I work on apps. So when rwhitby pushed through an update for whatever reason, all of my undocumented and incomplete changes went with it.
    My govnah does not allow me to change the profile, defaults to Palm Default. Tried reinstalling the app without success. Any ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by lelesf View Post
    My govnah does not allow me to change the profile, defaults to Palm Default. Tried reinstalling the app without success. Any ideas
    You haven't said which documentation you are following, nor which kernel you have installed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    all of my undocumented and incomplete changes went with it.
    #-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    # EDIT:
    #
    # Sprint Pre (newer silver button)
    # webOS 1.4.5
    # Govnah 0.7.6
    # UberKernel 124
    #
    # sorry...
    #-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Yea, there's some issues with this past release. It doesn't always save the position that you drag a saved profile to. Also, it doesn't even seem to internally store it when it does actually save the list position. If I drag my saved profile to the top of the list, when I tap it, Govnah sets whatever profile is normally at position "zero", and not mine. I have to go back and tap it a second time and that usually will then set my saved profile (but my saved is usually back at the bottom of the list even if I just dragged it top the top).

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 11/15/2010 at 08:08 PM.
  5.    #1285  
    Thats weird Xanadu73.

Though, I don't think I ever tested that case when I wrote it. I'll see if I can get a fix in there.
    Since several weeks I've got problems with my Govnah profile. I set it to Screenstate 500/1000 and that works fine for a few days, but then suddenly the phone becomes slow and when i check Govnah, the profile is not set anymore, instead N/A is set for profile. I can change it to Screenstate, but a few days later it sarts all over again. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I repeat - do not use the userspace governor. Any userspace settings will be overwritten by LunaSysMgr.

-- Rod
    Thanks.
    But other governor setting can not set setspeed,I want to set the setspeed as 600MHZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by jngg View Post
    Thanks.
    But other governor setting can not set setspeed,I want to set the setspeed as 600MHZ.
    You would be advised to read the help text in the Govnah application, and perhaps some of the articles on webOSroundup.com about overclocking, before proceeding any further, cause your current understanding is completely the reverse of what you should be doing.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 11/16/2010 at 02:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jngg View Post
    Thanks.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Thats weird Xanadu73.

Though, I don't think I ever tested that case when I wrote it. I'll see if I can get a fix in there.

I'll happily run it through its paces, should you find what the issue could be.

Many many thanks, oil!

M.
    I have been experimenting with custom configurations and voltage settings in Govnah and have noticed the following:

1) My 125/1000 OnDemand setting, which USED to scale up and down the available spectrum, as needed, now ONLY flips between 125 and 1GHZ.

2) When I create a 250/1000 OnDemand setting, the phone still drops down to 125 not 250, even if I reboot.

3) When using the stock 500/800 or 500/1000 settings, my phone MAY flip, momentarily, to the max setting while the screen is on, but quickly drops to 500Mhz. I had encountered this consistently, some time ago, before the 1GHZ option came available. But this was with earlier Pre's and the one I currently have, has been good about accepting the settings (though I've had very little benefit to battery life).

I have tried the standard solutions: Rebooting, removing and reinstalling Govnah and Uberkernel. This, of course, removed all custom core voltage configurations I had in place, so they are no longer a potential factor. But, the situation remains the same.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    I have been experimenting with custom configurations and voltage settings in Govnah and have noticed the following:

1) My 125/1000 OnDemand setting, which USED to scale up and down the available spectrum, as needed, now ONLY flips between 125 and 1GHZ.

2) When I create a 250/1000 OnDemand setting, the phone still drops down to 125 not 250, even if I reboot.

3) When using the stock 500/800 or 500/1000 settings, my phone MAY flip, momentarily, to the max setting while the screen is on, but quickly drops to 500Mhz. I had encountered this consistently, some time ago, before the 1GHZ option came available. But this was with earlier Pre's and the one I currently have, has been good about accepting the settings (though I've had very little benefit to battery life).

I have tried the standard solutions: Rebooting, removing and reinstalling Govnah and Uberkernel. This, of course, removed all custom core voltage configurations I had in place, so they are no longer a potential factor. But, the situation remains the same.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    ...don't use ondemand...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    ...don't use ondemand...
    I must be the only person who get's 30+ hours out of his Pre using 125/1000 On Demand. I can barely make it through the day using Fixed 800 or 1000 or, until today, any of the screenstate options.

It's only since today that my ondemand setting seems to only flip back and forth between 125Mhz and 1GHZ, and, my screenstate options stick at 500Mhz.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    I must be the only person who get's 30+ hours out of his Pre using 125/1000 On Demand. I can barely make it through the day using Fixed 800 or 1000 or, until today, any of the screenstate options.

It's only since today that my ondemand setting seems to only flip back and forth between 125Mhz and 1GHZ, and, my screenstate options stick at 500Mhz.
    Ondemand governor needs "powersave bias" = 1.

Also, try for a couple of days ondemand 500-1000 or even ondemand 600-1000 and give your opinion (it works great for me).

Other settings I'm using:
    -sampling rate 0.5s
    -up threshold 80%
    Quote Originally Posted by quini View Post
    Ondemand governor needs "powersave bias" = 1.

Also, try for a couple of days ondemand 500-1000 or even ondemand 600-1000 and give your opinion (it works great for me).

Other settings I'm using:
    -sampling rate 0.5s
    -up threshold 80%
    What are your voltage settings, what are you getting for battery life?

Also, do you keep data on or off? I live in Baltimore, and despite being the flagship city for 3G AND 4G, I drift between EVDO, 1xrt and nothing, so much that my battery dies in 1/2 to 2/3's the time it does when I use Data needed. Even if I keep it off half the time and forget the other half, I have gotten 29 hours out of my Mugen 1400.

Thanks!
    What are your voltage settings, what are you getting for battery life?

Also, do you keep data on or off? I live in Baltimore, and despite being the flagship city for 3G AND 4G, I drift between EVDO, 1xrt and nothing, so much that my battery dies in 1/2 to 2/3's the time it does when I use Data needed. Even if I keep it off half the time and forget the other half, I have gotten 29 hours out of my Mugen 1400.
    Voltage settings are 1312.5, 1225, 1150, 1075, 1025, 1037.5 & 975mV (UK 1.4.5-124).

I use to charge it up to 100% at night (21 to 23h), and it lasts me 48h with light use (it's on airplane mode by night).

I have all radios off but phone unless needed. Data coverage is fine here, but sometimes I get only "G" (2G)...

Also, I've had good battery life out of the screenstate governor; I sometimes use 500-800, 500-1000 or 600-1000... but I prefer the last one over the other two.

I hope that helps
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I heard that the Palm Pre 2 scales down to 300mhz any chance we can get that instead of the 250 setting? (screenstate 300/1000)
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Hi,
    I was trying to change the voltage.

I'm kind of confused because on my Pre it still looks "the old way" as before Govnah 0.7.1. although I'm using 0.7.4

I'm seeing this:

I expected to see this:

I tried to reduce the voltage anyway and it worked at first but now changed settings are not applied, not even if I created a new profile.

The minimal settings are:

65 62 60 57 44 36 27

Any ideas why it refuses to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by splashote View Post
    I'm using 0.7.4
    I am not an expert on govnah, but I can tell you that Govnah is up to 0.7.6. You could try a newer version.
    Quote Originally Posted by splashote View Post
    I'm kind of confused because on my Pre it still looks "the old way" as before Govnah 0.7.1.
    App Menu --> Manual Entry (all the way the bottom) --> set it to "NO".

You'll then get the "drop-downs" like I think you want to see.

M.