Page 64 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heltoupee View Post
    I had mine on Conservative between 500MHz and 1000MHz since UberKernel supported 1000MHz (which means constantly bouncing between the 2 based on processor load), and it's been just fine. These chips are designed to change frequencies often in response to load to eek out the best battery life possible. I wouldn't give it another thought.
    I havent had any problems with it. I was just curious. Thanks.
    Just curious, but has anyone had any trouble with Govnah since the upgrade to v. 0.7.6? I just updated it today and something screwy is going on with my phone. When the phone sleeps I can't get it to wake back up. I get the lock screen but the screen never fully turns on and my phone freezes in that state. The only way I can get it working again is to do a battery pull. The only things I've updated recently were Preware and Govnah, so I gotta think it has something to do with one of them. Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda3616 View Post
    Just curious, but has anyone had any trouble with Govnah since the upgrade to v. 0.7.6? I just updated it today and something screwy is going on with my phone. When the phone sleeps I can't get it to wake back up. I get the lock screen but the screen never fully turns on and my phone freezes in that state. The only way I can get it working again is to do a battery pull. The only things I've updated recently were Preware and Govnah, so I gotta think it has something to do with one of them. Any help is appreciated.
    Go into Govnah and check your sticky profile.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Go into Govnah and check your sticky profile.

-- Rod
    What am I looking for Rod? I have figured out that if I have Govnah set to the default screenstate 500/1000, I don't have any issues. However, when I set it to my saved profile (the only thing I changed is I enabled compressed swap at 32 MB), that is when the problem arises. I'll have to check the wiki to see if there is something I am missing.
    However, when I set it to my saved profile...

What is the low speed and what voltage is it set to?

M.
    What am I looking for Rod? I have figured out that if I have Govnah set to the default screenstate 500/1000, I don't have any issues. However, when I set it to my saved profile (the only thing I changed is I enabled compressed swap at 32 MB), that is when the problem arises. I'll have to check the wiki to see if there is something I am missing.
    Lower freq < 500 is probably it.

-- Rod
    Lower freq < 500 is probably it.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod. I'm not sure how, but the low freq somehow got set at 125. I should have checked for that . Everything seems to be peachy now. Another donation to Webos Internals!
    I was just wondering about the Frequency Graph on the new version (i just noticed it was back, not sure which version brought it back) but I have SR-71 installed and when I have my frequency set to 1.2gHz, in the graph, the top says 1.200009gHz, but the max I can set is 1.2gHz flat. I don't need that extra speed, but was just wondering if there was a way to clock it up to that speed.
    sj

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    I was just wondering about the Frequency Graph on the new version (i just noticed it was back, not sure which version brought it back) but I have SR-71 installed and when I have my frequency set to 1.2gHz, in the graph, the top says 1.200009gHz, but the max I can set is 1.2gHz flat. I don't need that extra speed, but was just wondering if there was a way to clock it up to that speed.
    sj

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url= Beta[/url]
    There is not.

-- Rod
    There is not.

-- Rod
    thank you sir for the fast response!
    sj
    I have set the profile as profile1,but after play the game such as buka,the profile become Uberkernel Default.
    I want to know how to change the the setspeed to 600Mhz from 500 in the Uberkernel Default profile.Who can tell me?If can change setspeed to 600Mhz in the Uberkernel Default profile, I will not use my profile1.
    Quote Originally Posted by jngg View Post
    I have set the profile as profile1,but after play the game such as buka,the profile become Uberkernel Default.
    I want to know how to change the the setspeed to 600Mhz from 500 in the Uberkernel Default profile.Who can tell me?If can change setspeed to 600Mhz in the Uberkernel Default profile, I will not use my profile1.
    Use a governor other than userspace.

-- Rod
    Use a governor other than userspace.

-- Rod
    Thanks for your reply.Can I directly change the UberKernel Default setting ?
    Can I change the UberKernel Default setspeed to 600Mhz using internalz in defaultprofile.jsjsjs?$If$ $I$ $can$ $change$ $the$ $default$ $setting$ $using$ $internalz$,$which$ $file$ $should$ $I$ $modify$?
    Thanks for your reply.Can I directly change the UberKernel Default setting ?
    Can I change the UberKernel Default setspeed to 600Mhz using internalz in defaultprofile.jsjsjs?$If$ $I$ $can$ $change$ $the$ $default$ $setting$ $using$ $internalz$,$which$ $file$ $should$ $I$ $modify$?
    Choose the settings you want and save it as a new profile giving whatever name you desire. Do not mess with applications or other files using Internalz.

-- Rod
    Choose the settings you want and save it as a new profile giving whatever name you desire. Do not mess with applications or other files using Internalz.

-- Rod
    I have choosed the CPUfrequency as userspace and saved it ,named profile1.But now when I run a game ,the Goovnah's setting become Uberkernel default setting.It can not maintain the status of my settings.After played the game,I must reset Govnah profile as Profile1.
    I have choosed the CPUfrequency as userspace and saved it ,named profile1.But now when I run a game ,the Goovnah's setting become Uberkernel default setting.It can not maintain the status of my settings.After played the game,I must reset Govnah profile as Profile1.
    I repeat - do not use the userspace governor. Any userspace settings will be overwritten by LunaSysMgr.

-- Rod
    Hey guys -- I noticed over the weekend that I can no longer set my CompCache Memlimit setting. I am able to flip the Enabled slider True/False, but the 24 MB setting (which is where I had previously set it) just registers a 'splash' on the screen when touched, but does not open up the list to choose from...

It has been a while since I last tried to do this, so I can't say when this might have started happening.

This occurs with my own personalized Govnah profile (500/1000 Screen State with 24MB Compcache) as well as when applying any default profile (alwasy shows CompCache = True (changeable) and MemLimit = 24 (not changeable)

I don't think I've seen anyone else report this nor any changes in the log to indicate that this is intentional. I'm happy to run any tests needed, reinstall, send Govnah generated email, etc...

U.S. Sprint Pre 1.4.5
    Govnah 0.7.6.
    UberKernel v1.4.5.-124
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey guys -- I noticed over the weekend that I can no longer set my CompCache Memlimit setting. I am able to flip the Enabled slider True/False, but the 24 MB setting (which is where I had previously set it) just registers a 'splash' on the screen when touched, but does not open up the list to choose from.

What is a "splash"?

Does following this help / answer questions:

Application:Govnah - WebOS Internals

M.
  19.    #1279  
    How to change compcache memlimit when its already enabled:

Go to "Compressed Swap" scene, Toggle "Enabled" it to False, Hit "Apply Settings", Wait, Return to "Compressed Swap" scene, Change "Memlimit" setting, Toggle "Enabled" to True, Hit "Apply Settings".

Apparently this functional change didn't make it into the changelog.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    How to change compcache memlimit when its already enabled:

Go to "Compressed Swap" scene, Toggle "Enabled" it to False, Hit "Apply Settings", Wait, Return to "Compressed Swap" scene, Change "Memlimit" setting, Toggle "Enabled" to True, Hit "Apply Settings".

Apparently this functional change didn't make it into the changelog.
    Thanks Oil. This worked.

I seem to recall that it had been 'changeable' in the past without this process. As I said, it's been a while since I've edited by CompCache settings. If not, I apologize for the mistake.

By "spash" I just meant the concentric waves that appear on the screen when a tap is registered... I only noted that in case someone suggest that I had a screen issue or wasn't tapping in the right area...

Anyway, thanks for the explanation, and those instructions would be a great addition to the help for that scene (that is the first place I looked to see why it would be grayed and non-responsive). Clearly, I should have also gone to the Wiki.