Page 62 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #1221  
    Quote Originally Posted by toinou75009 View Post
    Ok many thanks, i test that, and i will come back for post the results.
    Also try performance 1ghz, I get the best battery with it. For more info google "linux race to idle." with govnah I have the 1ghz voltage down to 1450.
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  2. #1222  
    Once WebOS 2.0 is released, does WebOS Internals intend to release a method of overclocking to 1GHz without the need for a custom kernel?
  3. #1223  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    Once WebOS 2.0 is released, does WebOS Internals intend to release a method of overclocking to 1GHz without the need for a custom kernel?
    Can you expand on the question a bit? I'm not clear what you mean. Pre? Pre 2? Pixi? etc? How would you expect to overclock without using a custom kernel?

    BTW, overclocking is not the only things that are in our custom kernels.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #1224  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Can you expand on the question a bit? I'm not clear what you mean. Pre? Pre 2? Pixi? etc? How would you expect to overclock without using a custom kernel?

    BTW, overclocking is not the only things that are in our custom kernels.

    -- Rod
    I believe he is asking about taking the pre2's kernel and dumping to pre plus , pre (minus)

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  5. #1225  
    Sorry, I've been away from the overclocking scene for a little while, so maybe I'm out of date...

    But if I recall, the original reason for implementing custom kernels was because the stock Palm kernel wasn't capable of frequencies greater than 600MHz. Since the Pre 2 will come with a 1GHz processor, the upper limit will obviously be increased in WebOS 2.0 to at least that. So I figure it should be possible to overclock the original Pre to 1GHz while still retaining the stock kernel. I think you guys are doing amazing work, but some of us might feel more comfortable leaving the stock kernel intact.
  6. #1226  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    Sorry, I've been away from the overclocking scene for a little while, so maybe I'm out of date...

    But if I recall, the original reason for implementing custom kernels was because the stock Palm kernel wasn't capable of frequencies greater than 600MHz. Since the Pre 2 will come with a 1GHz processor, the upper limit will obviously be increased in WebOS 2.0 to at least that. So I figure it should be possible to overclock the original Pre to 1GHz while still retaining the stock kernel. I think you guys are doing amazing work, but some of us might feel more comfortable leaving the stock kernel intact.
    ?

    I don't believe webos 1 or 2 has anything to do with the kernel.. The kernel is the arm processors brain..
    Am I wrong?

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
  7. #1227  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    Sorry, I've been away from the overclocking scene for a little while, so maybe I'm out of date...

    But if I recall, the original reason for implementing custom kernels was because the stock Palm kernel wasn't capable of frequencies greater than 600MHz. Since the Pre 2 will come with a 1GHz processor, the upper limit will obviously be increased in WebOS 2.0 to at least that. So I figure it should be possible to overclock the original Pre to 1GHz while still retaining the stock kernel. I think you guys are doing amazing work, but some of us might feel more comfortable leaving the stock kernel intact.
    um no...

    Stock clock speeds for processor were around 600Mhz but was underclocked to 500.

    With WebOS 2.0 you DON'T get 1ghz. It's the new pre 2's processor that comes at that speed.

    what is so bad about using a non-stock kernel?
  8. #1228  
    Quote Originally Posted by mh3rn4nd3z3 View Post
    um no...

    Stock clock speeds for processor were around 600Mhz but was underclocked to 500.

    With WebOS 2.0 you DON'T get 1ghz. It's the new pre 2's processor that comes at that speed.

    what is so bad about using a non-stock kernel?
    I understand that WebOS 2.0 doesn't bring an automatic speed bump to the original Pre. But it should bring the ability to overclock it to 1GHz on the stock kernel.

    There's nothing wrong with a modded kernel. There's also nothing wrong with modded cars. But some people prefer to stick with factory options for the sake of reliability and simplicity.
  9. #1229  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    Sorry, I've been away from the overclocking scene for a little while, so maybe I'm out of date...

    But if I recall, the original reason for implementing custom kernels was because the stock Palm kernel wasn't capable of frequencies greater than 600MHz. Since the Pre 2 will come with a 1GHz processor, the upper limit will obviously be increased in WebOS 2.0 to at least that. So I figure it should be possible to overclock the original Pre to 1GHz while still retaining the stock kernel.
    That is not the case.

    I think you guys are doing amazing work, but some of us might feel more comfortable leaving the stock kernel intact.
    Why?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. #1230  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    I understand that WebOS 2.0 doesn't bring an automatic speed bump to the original Pre. But it should bring the ability to overclock it to 1GHz on the stock kernel.
    It does not.

    There's nothing wrong with a modded kernel. There's also nothing wrong with modded cars. But some people prefer to stick with factory options for the sake of reliability and simplicity.
    Stock kernel has stock kernel frequencies only. webOS version is orthogonal.

    The kernel for Pre 2 will be completely different to the kernel for the Pre/Pre+.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #1231  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    I understand that WebOS 2.0 doesn't bring an automatic speed bump to the original Pre. But it should bring the ability to overclock it to 1GHz on the stock kernel.

    There's nothing wrong with a modded kernel. There's also nothing wrong with modded cars. But some people prefer to stick with factory options for the sake of reliability and simplicity.
    Giving the "option" to overclock would invalidate the meaning of "stock", now would it?
    Live free or DIE!
  12. #1232  
    I think people just don't understand the concepts at work
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  13. #1233  
    I seem to be having a strange problem with Govnah and uberkernel. Sprint Pre.

    I set up (through GOvnah) for ondemand with 250/1000MHz, 32MB compcache. However, the Pre will scale down to 125MHz and I don't understand why.

    I've figured out that 125MHz is too low for me, it causes my screen to flicker when watching video or running some apps/games (e.g. Mech Invasion).

    I've uninstalled uberkernel and govnah, reinstalled, selected ondemand 250/1000 again and same thing happens

    Other modes (screenstate, conservative) works fine.
  14. #1234  
    Quote Originally Posted by rendang View Post
    I seem to be having a strange problem with Govnah and uberkernel. Sprint Pre.

    I set up (through GOvnah) for ondemand with 250/1000MHz, 32MB compcache. However, the Pre will scale down to 125MHz and I don't understand why.

    I've figured out that 125MHz is too low for me, it causes my screen to flicker when watching video or running some apps/games (e.g. Mech Invasion).

    I've uninstalled uberkernel and govnah, reinstalled, selected ondemand 250/1000 again and same thing happens

    Other modes (screenstate, conservative) works fine.
    The standard Linux ondemand kernel governor has issues which are outside of the scope of our changes to the kernel or of the Govnah application.

    I personally don't recommend using it or frequencies below 500MHz, but some people have reported success with it using specific configuration settings. YMMV.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #1235  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The standard Linux ondemand kernel governor has issues which are outside of the scope of our changes to the kernel or of the Govnah application.

    I personally don't recommend using it or frequencies below 500MHz, but some people have reported success with it using specific configuration settings. YMMV.

    -- Rod
    Thanks.

    I was playing around with 250 thinking it might help with battery life when I'm not using it but I'll try to move up to 500 for the lower limit.
  16. #1236  
    Quote Originally Posted by rendang View Post
    I seem to be having a strange problem with Govnah and uberkernel. Sprint Pre.

    I set up (through GOvnah) for ondemand with 250/1000MHz, 32MB compcache. However, the Pre will scale down to 125MHz and I don't understand why.
    Is "Powersave Bias" se to 0? If so, set it to 1.

    Hope that helps
  17. #1237  
    ...low cpu speeds do NOT necessarily mean less power used... Google "linux race to idle"...in a nutshell, the lower speed takes longer to work on the function and thereby uses more power than a cpu at higher speed doing the same function.....
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  18. #1238  
    In preware there is an update.(v1.4.1) showing on my phone. For some reason or the other the darn thing won't install. I have the testing feeds. Each time I try updating it, it gives an error msg, and just disappear. I have to enable preware again. Any ideas what is causing this?

    Regards,
  19.    #1239  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Each time I try updating it, it gives an error msg, and just disappear. I have to enable preware again. Any ideas what is causing this?
    Simply telling us you got an error message, without telling us what it actually said, doesn't do much to help anything.
  20. #1240  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Simply telling us you got an error message, without telling us what it actually said, doesn't do much to help anything.
    ...Thats my point oil > It doesn't give an error message. That would be the first thing listed. Even now it still remains the same. It just won't install. (I installed preware via standalone installer) then updated to v1.3.8.

    Edit: After trying to update again, I notice a ipkg error.

Posting Permissions