Page 61 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I just updated to the new kernel and profiles stick. Thanks guys for all your hard work. It's very much appreciated.
    Thanks. That now covers the four reports of this that I saw in this thread.

I'll do a public release later today.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    hey so I'm kind of in a noob dilemma. I made a custom kernel which is 800/250 screenstate. I didnt change any other settings and when I turn the screen off, I press the unlock button and the drag up to unlock thing shows up but the screen is frozen and I can't do anything. I have to take the battery out to turn it off. :/ Does anyone else have this issue? What should I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquil93 View Post
    What should I do?

Not use 250MHz. Use 500MHz instead.

M.
    okay woah that works! thanks! but why doesn't 250 MHz work? I read that people have 800/250 screenstate and it works for them. is that a myth lol?
    wouldn't I save more battery if I used 250 MHz?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquil93 View Post
    okay woah that works! thanks! but why doesn't 250 MHz work? I read that people have 800/250 screenstate and it works for them. is that a myth lol?
    wouldn't I save more battery if I used 250 MHz?
    It is not a myth. Every phone is different. Some can handle 250. Others cannot.

If your phone gets stuck at 250 &nd cannot continue processing or even operating then you will not save battery by using it. Your best bet is to use what works for your phone.
    okay thanks, I guess I'll stick with 800/500 screenstate and see how the battery works out
    Hi,

I have Govnah 0.7.3 installed and I see the parameter fields in the Advanced Settings as string fields where I have to put numbers in. I saw the much easier GUI with selection fields in the web.
    What's wrong with my installation? Or am I wrong?
    Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Axel
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelMK View Post
    Hi,

I have Govnah 0.7.3 installed and I see the parameter fields in the Advanced Settings as string fields where I have to put numbers in. I saw the much easier GUI with selection fields in the web.
    What's wrong with my installation? Or am I wrong?
    Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Axel
    Turn off manual settings in your preferences. It is for experienced users only.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Turn off manual settings in your preferences. It is for experienced users only.

-- Rod
    Thanks a lot.
    Axel
    Sorry in advance if this isn't the right place, but today I tried to download updates to Uberkernel and Govnah, and Uberkernel update says my kernel is not stock, or such.. I had to download the 'recovery' kernel, and then Uberkernel..

This stuff isn't for the faint of heart.

Take Care, all
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have a question, has the issue been fixed where the I/O Scheduler and TCP congestion settings resets themselves after a device restart?
    Quote Originally Posted by vaoiwo View Post
    I have a question, has the issue been fixed where the I/O Scheduler and TCP congestion settings resets themselves after a device restart?
    It's functionality which has not yet been coded.

-- Rod
    I was just curious if it was possible to make govnah into one of those bottom bar apps or a setting that allows that so I don't need to have the card open to see my temp on the icon? I would really love that. I never get to see my background anymore. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    I was just curious if it was possible to make govnah into one of those bottom bar apps or a setting that allows that so I don't need to have the card open to see my temp on the icon? I would really love that. I never get to see my background anymore. :P
    A better idea is just to set the temperature limit that you are comfortable with, and then leave Govnah closed and allow the kernel to handle that.

No-one should leave Govnah running for long periods of time.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I will be waiting for the updates if its coming.
    Thanks you for your jobs, he's really appreciate by the palm community.

I have one question. My settings are : 1Ghz/125Mhz screenstate, work good, but i am not sure if the minimum frequency will save the battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by toinou75009 View Post
    Thanks you for your jobs, he's really appreciate by the palm community.

I have one question. My settings are : 1Ghz/125Mhz screenstate, work good, but i am not sure if the minimum frequency will save the battery?
    Try it for a couple of days on 125MHz and then for a couple of days on 500MHz, and tell us your results.

-- Rod
    Ok many thanks, i test that, and i will come back for post the results.
    how can i be sure that my device actually is clocked down to 250 mhz when i'm using a custom screenstate profile (1000/250mhz)?

when i open up govnah and check the frequency i see 1ghz and when i turn off the screen and turn back on the frequency definitely shows a drop in processing speed. but when i put my pre on the touch stone and the processor drops to 500mhz the frequency graph shows the same amount of decline as the 250mhz drop.

hope this makes sense

i don't know if this is a big deal but it's just something i was wondering.
    "So you can run and tell that, homeboy"
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanguerrero View Post
    how can i be sure that my device actually is clocked down to 250 mhz when i'm using a custom screenstate profile (1000/250mhz)?

when i open up govnah and check the frequency i see 1ghz and when i turn off the screen and turn back on the frequency definitely shows a drop in processing speed. but when i put my pre on the touch stone and the processor drops to 500mhz the frequency graph shows the same amount of decline as the 250mhz drop.

hope this makes sense

i don't know if this is a big deal but it's just something i was wondering.
    Novaterm in and check it directly.

-- Rod