Page 60 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    yeah the setting still won't stick after reboot. i still get the 125/1ghz bug. will the kernel be updated at all?
    No, we're going to leave the bug there specifically so there can be more posts about it in this thread.

OK, just kidding. Yeah, we're gonna fix it. When we get some spare time.

Thanks to everyone who helped report and diagnose it.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/18/2010 at 08:19 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No, we're going to leave the bug there specifically so there can be more posts about it in this thread.

-- Rod
    geez man lighten up, didn't mean any disrespect. glad you guys finally found it.

OK, just kidding. Yeah, we're gonna fix it. When we get some spare time.

Thanks to everyone who helped report and diagnose it.

-- Rod
    LMAO! I can't stop! okay, all better!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I just noticed a subtitle under Govnar that says "Much better than Annie" - how long has that been there and what does it mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I just noticed a subtitle under Govnar that says "Much better than Annie" - how long has that been there and what does it mean?
    It refers to the mother of an indigenous Australian outlaw:

Governor, Jimmy (1875 - 1901) Biographical Entry - Australian Dictionary of Biography Online

or maybe I mistyped it ...

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/18/2010 at 10:45 PM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I have been able to diagnose and reproduce the performance 125/1000 issue that has been reported:

The failure mechanism is this:

1) The kernel boots with the userspace governor, with the limits at 125MHz and 1GHz, but the boot speed set correctly to 500MHz.
    2) The battery is sampled, but the battery one-wire device driver has not been initialised yet. The routine for sampling the battery percentage returns -1 to indicate an error.
    3) An incorrect battery scaleback is initiated, and the current min and max frequencies are saved so that they can be restored later.
    4) The Govnah sticky profile is applied. The governor changes to performance 600/600 in this case. However, since the max freq is 500MHz, the new max of 600MHz is not accepted by the kernel. Applying a sticky profile while a battery or temperature clamp-down is in effect will not work correctly.
    5) The battery is sampled, and the the battery one-wire device driver is now operational and reports the true battery percentage. The saved values for min and max freq (125MHz/1GHz) are restored, but incorrectly write over the values from the sticky profile.
    6) Govnah correctly reports the current state of the kernel when opened.

So it's a kernel bug, not a Govnah bug.

-- Rod
    Aww crap lol should have checked back on here before doctoring 3 pres lol and spending all that time redoing it all lol Thanks for the hard work and look forward to an update...
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    It refers to the mother of an indigenous Australian outlaw:

Governor, Jimmy (1875 - 1901) Biographical Entry - Australian Dictionary of Biography Online

or maybe I mistyped it ...

-- Rod
    He looks creepy now
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    I have been able to diagnose and reproduce the performance 125/1000 issue that has been reported:

The failure mechanism is this:

1) The kernel boots with the userspace governor, with the limits at 125MHz and 1GHz, but the boot speed set correctly to 500MHz.
    2) The battery is sampled, but the battery one-wire device driver has not been initialised yet. The routine for sampling the battery percentage returns -1 to indicate an error.
    3) An incorrect battery scaleback is initiated, and the current min and max frequencies are saved so that they can be restored later.
    4) The Govnah sticky profile is applied. The governor changes to performance 600/600 in this case. However, since the max freq is 500MHz, the new max of 600MHz is not accepted by the kernel. Applying a sticky profile while a battery or temperature clamp-down is in effect will not work correctly.
    5) The battery is sampled, and the the battery one-wire device driver is now operational and reports the true battery percentage. The saved values for min and max freq (125MHz/1GHz) are restored, but incorrectly write over the values from the sticky profile.
    6) Govnah correctly reports the current state of the kernel when opened.

So it's a kernel bug, not a Govnah bug.
    The fix is in UberKernel 1.4.5-119 in the kernel testing feed.

Please report whether it fixes all reported problems.

-- Rod
    The fix is in UberKernel 1.4.5-119 in the kernel testing feed.

Please report whether it fixes all reported problems.

-- Rod
    so far soo good, my setting are sticking now... good work!
    Hmm. So of all the "many people" who were having this profile sticking problem, only one person has tested the fix?

I need at least two more before I can release it to the public feeds ...

-- Rod

-- Rod
    I've rebooted only twice since the bump in UberKernel and didn't feel it was enough of a sampling to say anything since it wasn't every single time I didn't have the correct profile loaded. I've gotten the correct Govnah profile both boots, though.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 10/20/2010 at 07:15 AM. Reason: typos
    Hmm. So of all the "many people" who were having this profile sticking problem, only one person has tested the fix?

-- Rod
    Funny how that works.
    Live free or DIE!
    I just got a 'new' Pre (my fifth) and installed Preware & Govnah and My profile will not change from "Palm Default" even after a reboot.what can I do to correct it
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojuice View Post
    What can I do to correct it

Application:UberKernel - WebOS Internals

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Funny how that works.
    I haven't tried the update yet, because after the Govnah update to v0.7.3 all my settings stick even after a battery pull. So to me the Govnah update fixed the problem.
    not just my phone, many have reported this as well.
    Can you please identify the many people you were referring to here - we need to get them to test the fix ...

-- Rod

-- Rod
    Yes, mine sticks just fine now. And I do a couple of scheduled device resets during the day. Thanks guys!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Can you please identify the many people you were referring to here - we need to get them to test the fix ...

-- Rod
    do a google search, they are all over the place. all i know is my device is working now.
    do a google search, they are all over the place. all i know is my device is working now.
    Live free or DIE!
    I just updated to the new kernel and profiles stick. Thanks guys for all your hard work. It's very much appreciated.