Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    just to clarify, why do you need me to post it again? this is how i set up govnah + uber

performance

all 1ghz...
    0%
    24 compcache
    override charger

named it then selected it, did a reboot.
    instead it shows in running 125/1000, the cache sticks but the override charger & 0% change to 500mhz and 25%.

so as you can see it's hard for me to see if my custom profile really sticks or if this is just a visual error. any idea what could cause this?

i guess i could doctor my phone this weekend but i hate to go through all of that tbh.
    What happens if you use something other than 0% (e.g. leave it at 25%) ?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    im not sure tbh.. ill try it after work today... thanks!
    You may like to read Application:PsychoKernel - WebOS Internals

F102A Delta Dagger is not a configurable kernel, so you cannot expect Govnah to be able to correctly set a sticky profile for it.

-- Rod
    not to be repetitive but why was there never a non configurable 1ghz kernel released "other than the uber one" like delta? might resolve a few issues some people are reporting.
    Just out of curiosity, is it possible to use Govnah like a computer BIOS and do straight OCing from it, not profile selection like now?

To clarify further, I mean that I select a CPU speed (based on baseclock and multipliers and such, though I don't know if the Pre CPU uses those) and then voltage for that speed, then keep messing with it till I get a stable boot, and so on?
    does this massive and amazing thread mention somewhere what the adequate or acceptable core voltage settings should be when selecting a speed. That is one of the options under the section OVERRIDE PARAMETERS. I realize that is perhaps a trial and error thing, but I imagine by now that our Kernel experts can at least suggest some.

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    does this massive and amazing thread mention somewhere what the adequate or acceptable core voltage settings should be when selecting a speed. That is one of the options under the section OVERRIDE PARAMETERS. I realize that is perhaps a trial and error thing, but I imagine by now that our Kernel experts can at least suggest some.

thanks.
    The numbers you see by default are the numbers we recommend, and is safe for most devices. All devices are different, YMMV.
    Live free or DIE!
    agreed. So start at the bottom, experiment, and increase it the phone craps out...kind of thing?
  8.    #1148  
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    agreed. So start at the bottom, experiment, and increase it the phone craps out...kind of thing?
    Try this.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    Whenever I reboot my device the profile name is switched to "unknown" with a frequency of 1Ghz -- what's going on here? It's really got me curious.
    ~Ted
    I had the same problem. I deleted & then recreated all of my custom profiles, then assigned one & did a Luna restart. The custom profile peristed in Govnah after the restart. I also performed a hard reboot (device shutdown) and the custom profile persisted after I restarted the Pre. Not sure if that fix will work for everyone, but it resolved the problem for me. YMMV.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!

-- Rod
    it stays 25% but when i set it too 1ghz it reverts to 500mhz and the override charger shuts off. im starting to think this is just a visual type bug with govnah.
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    I had the same problem. I deleted & then recreated all of my custom profiles, then assigned one & did a Luna restart. The custom profile peristed in Govnah after the restart. I also performed a hard reboot (device shutdown) and the custom profile persisted after I restarted the Pre. Not sure if that fix will work for everyone, but it resolved the problem for me. YMMV.
    luna restart saved the profile, reboot then lost it.
    luna restart saved the profile, reboot then lost it.
    There's definitely something different about your phone or profiles, cause we still cannot reproduce your problem.

Let's start simple. Please do *exactly* the following and report the result.

0) Make sure UberKernel is installed
    1) Delete all your custom profiles by swiping to delete them
    2) Uninstall Govnah using Preware's Installed Packages Remove button
    3) Reboot the phone using Device Info -> Reset Options -> Restart
    4) Install Govnah using Preware
    5) Select the Screenstate 500/1000 Profile. Make *NO* other changes to settings.
    6) Reboot the phone using Device Info -> Reset Options -> Restart

Does that profile stick after reboot ?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    There's definitely something different about your phone or profiles, cause we still cannot reproduce your problem.

-- Rod
    ill give it a try... not just my phone, many have reported this as well.
    ill give it a try... not just my phone, many have reported this as well.
    Yes, but no-one has provided a reproducible test case yet, and it is obviously not widespread or else there would be 3000 people reporting it in here and on twitter.

-- Rod
    Yes, but no-one has provided a reproducible test case yet, and it is obviously not widespread or else there would be 3000 people reporting it in here and on twitter.

-- Rod
    yeah i agree it is weird, other than that my phone is fine, i doctored it first thing i got it in the mail. don't really want to again.
    rod... it stuck this time. so you cannot use a reset app or push the power down to reset? you have to manually go through the menus to do so?
    Last edited by fixxxer1022; 10/14/2010 at 08:00 PM.

-- Rod
    I'm having the problem. I followed your directions above and it didn't stick. It went back to unknown with 125/1GHz. I've doctored the phone and I'm still having the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I'm having the problem. I followed your directions above and it didn't stick. It went back to unknown with 125/1GHz. I've doctored the phone and I'm still having the issue.
    Are you in a position to be able to run Linux commands on the device (using novaterm to access it, not WOSQI cause it's Linux command line feature doesn't work well for capturing more than one line of output) and post the output?

I would need the output from running:

"dbus-util --capture govnah"

by starting that command on the Linux command line, then opening Govnah immediately after boot, and then capturing the output as Govnah opens and displays the wrong profile and posting it here.

-- Rod
  19. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I apologize if this has been mentioned/resolved before, but I just spent an hour reading this thread and couldn't find the answer.

Uberkernel v1.4.5-113
    Govnah v0.7.1

I have tweaked the voltage settings and saved as a new profile named Voltage (using screenstate governor), which shows up in my profiles list. However, when I select that profile, the main Govnah screen shows my selected profile as Screenstate 500/1000. I've tried creating multiple profiles based on screenstate governor, but the names are always displayed as "Screenstate 500/1000". When I select my custom profiles, the proper settings are applied, but the name displayed does not match my profile. (I tried creating a Conservative governor profile, and the name displayed.)

Observation: If I select my custom profile "Voltage" (screenstate 500/1000, voltage tweaked, temp limiter tweaked, low batt level changed), the name is displayed as "Screenstate 500/1000". Then, if I click on the profile name, then advanced settings, then CPU frequency, then core voltages, I can see that the voltage settings are applied properly from my custom profile.

Now, if I go back to profile selection screen and choose Screenstate 500/1000, then go back into advanced settings and change core voltages again and click "apply settings", then select Screenstate 500/1000, then go back out to the main Govnah screen, then back into the settings, I can see that the new voltage settings applied to the built-in profile "Screenstate 500/1000" are still in effect.

However, if I go back out to the profile selection screen and select my custom profile, "Voltage", the settings saved in that profile are applied, as I would expect (even though the name still shows up as Screenstate 500/1000). What I noticed that seemed odd was that if I now choose the built-in Screenstate 500/1000, the core voltage settings from my custom profile are applied. Are the settings I apply in my custom profile migrating over to the built-in Screenstate profile(s)?

Is any of this known or intended functionality of Govnah? Or am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I apologize if this has been mentioned/resolved before, but I just spent an hour reading this thread and couldn't find the answer.

Uberkernel v1.4.5-113
    Govnah v0.7.1

I have tweaked the voltage settings and saved as a new profile named Voltage (using screenstate governor), which shows up in my profiles list. However, when I select that profile, the main Govnah screen shows my selected profile as Screenstate 500/1000. I've tried creating multiple profiles based on screenstate governor, but the names are always displayed as "Screenstate 500/1000". When I select my custom profiles, the proper settings are applied, but the name displayed does not match my profile. (I tried creating a Conservative governor profile, and the name displayed.)

Observation: If I select my custom profile "Voltage" (screenstate 500/1000, voltage tweaked, temp limiter tweaked, low batt level changed), the name is displayed as "Screenstate 500/1000". Then, if I click on the profile name, then advanced settings, then CPU frequency, then core voltages, I can see that the voltage settings are applied properly from my custom profile.

Now, if I go back to profile selection screen and choose Screenstate 500/1000, then go back into advanced settings and change core voltages again and click "apply settings", then select Screenstate 500/1000, then go back out to the main Govnah screen, then back into the settings, I can see that the new voltage settings applied to the built-in profile "Screenstate 500/1000" are still in effect.

However, if I go back out to the profile selection screen and select my custom profile, "Voltage", the settings saved in that profile are applied, as I would expect (even though the name still shows up as Screenstate 500/1000). What I noticed that seemed odd was that if I now choose the built-in Screenstate 500/1000, the core voltage settings from my custom profile are applied. Are the settings I apply in my custom profile migrating over to the built-in Screenstate profile(s)?

Is any of this known or intended functionality of Govnah? Or am I doing something wrong?
    Swipe to delete the Screenstate 500/1000 profile, and it will show your custom profile as being selected.

It shows the first match, and the default profiles have less things defined so match easier. This will be fixed in the next version of Govnah so that an exact match is shown ahead of a subset match.

-- Rod