Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1121  
    I've seen that with random other apps. But never with govnah.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, post the listing of files in the /etc/event.d and /var/palm/event.d directories, and then post the contents of any files in those directories which have govnah or compcache or any other related term in the filename.

-- Rod
    here are the two directories you requested.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I guess maybe I'm not following you this time.

The first boot into UberKernel from Thunderchief that you had noticed in the logs about the audio issue were coming off of my Thunderchief profile of screenstate 1005M/500M. UberKernel should've then defaulted to userspace 500M since it doesn't know 1005M it knows "1G", right? (or am I being silly here?)

Still, on a clean reboot of my Uber800 profile, it still ignored that and went to 1G/125M but kept Performance (rather than dropping to userspace).

Am I seeing this right and just missing the point you're trying to get through my skull?

M.
    Read what I said again, and take your time.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    all i know is your dagger kernel settings stick after reset. i wish we had a 1ghz preset kernel out of the box "sort of speaking" like dagger that we could install.

so is this a bug with govnah or with uberkernel then?
    That doesnt make sense.

If your settings are not sticking after a clean shutdown and reboot then either your profile is corrupt or you are not selecting it in order to be sticky.

Please read my post again. Delta Dagger does not have any other governor, that is a bad example. The "performance" gov will only be defaulted if a profile could not be selected or loaded.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Read what I said again, and take your time.
    I'm thinkin' the magic phrase is "...if no other profile is found."?

Thank you, 'Psycho.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    That doesnt make sense.

If your settings are not sticking after a clean shutdown and reboot then either your profile is corrupt or you are not selecting it in order to be sticky.

what profile? my palm one or govnah one?

this is the order i did this.

installed the uber kernel
    reboot
    installed govnah
    set my custom profile/named it
    selected it
    reboot
    here are the two directories you requested.
    Your /var/palm/event.d directory does not have an org.webosinternals.govnah-settings file, which means that you have no saved Govnah Profile.

Is that intentional?

It also seems that in /var/palm/event.d you have both an org.webosinternals.govnah-compcache file, and an org.webosinternals.kernels.f102a-kernel-pre file, both of which are doing trying to apply compcache settings on boot.

This leads me to believe you have the F102A kernel installed, not UberKernel.

I thought you were reporting a problem with UberKernel ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Attachment contains:

• dmesg dump from last boot.
    • messages and messages.0
    • /var/palm/event.d/org*

Attachment 52609

I hope this all helps somehow!

M.
    Your /var/palm/event.d files look correct.

In the dmesg and messages files, i could only find lines like:

setting new policy for CPU 0: 800000 - 800000 kHz

I can't see anywhere where the kernel reports running at 125/1000

Are you able to reliably reproduce this problem on demand?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    all i know is your dagger kernel settings stick after reset. i wish we had a 1ghz preset kernel out of the box "sort of speaking" like dagger that we could install.

so is this a bug with govnah or with uberkernel then?
    I tried dagger and it didn't stick either. It went to unknown after a restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I tried dagger and it didn't stick either. It went to unknown after a restart.
    You may like to read Application:PsychoKernel - WebOS Internals

F102A Delta Dagger is not a configurable kernel, so you cannot expect Govnah to be able to correctly set a sticky profile for it.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/13/2010 at 08:26 AM.
    You may like to read Application:PsychoKernel - WebOS Internals

F102A Delta Dagger is not a configurable kernel, so you cannot expect Govnah to be able to correctly set a sticky profile for it.

-- Rod
    Thanks for the link, I read through it. I knew F102A wasn't a configurable kernal. I just wanted to see if it would give me the same unknown profile as the Uberkernal after a restart. Which it did. Not sure what that means though. I wish I were smarter when it came to this stuff. I have my event.d files on my computer but I'm trying to read up on what the difference is between a clean/unclean restart before I post them. Wouldn't clean just mean that all apps are closed before restarting?
    ...from a layman's perspective you need to install the palm recovery kernel...then install uberkernel or whatever kernel you decide on. saying its a "bug" without repetitive, on demand reproduction is inaccurate...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Thanks for all the replays about my strange 1ghz I had something broken software wise I did what you all said to do save a new profile then apply it I then rebooted and upon reboot it was at the 1ghz level every single time no matter what profile i set I dint care to try and find the broken files so i just doctored the thing reinstalled every thing and now its working just fine..
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Thanks for all the replays about my strange 1ghz I had something broken software wise I did what you all said to do save a new profile then apply it I then rebooted and upon reboot it was at the 1ghz level every single time no matter what profile i set I dint care to try and find the broken files so i just doctored the thing reinstalled every thing and now its working just fine..
    how do you install the webos backup recovery kernel then? im not going to doctor to just get it to work.
    how do you install the webos backup recovery kernel then? im not going to doctor to just get it to work.
    preware
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Your /var/palm/event.d directory does not have an org.webosinternals.govnah-settings file, which means that you have no saved Govnah Profile.

Is that intentional?

It also seems that in /var/palm/event.d you have both an org.webosinternals.govnah-compcache file, and an org.webosinternals.kernels.f102a-kernel-pre file, both of which are doing trying to apply compcache settings on boot.

This leads me to believe you have the F102A kernel installed, not UberKernel.

I thought you were reporting a problem with UberKernel ...

-- Rod
    sorry i just installed uber and ill post my logs for you tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    preware
    i installed the recovery kernel and uninstalled govnah. i rebooted and installed uber + govnah and rebooted... still no dice. im wondering if this is just a visual error perhaps?
    heres the requested logs... i do currently have uber installed. i tried to create two different profiles and neither will stick after reboot. i get the 125/1000 that others have reported. i also upgraded to govnah 0.7.2.

until this is resolved ill use delta.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    heres the requested logs... i do currently have uber installed. i tried to create two different profiles and neither will stick after reboot. i get the 125/1000 that others have reported. i also upgraded to govnah 0.7.2.

until this is resolved ill use delta.
    Your event.d files show that you have a sticky performance 1GHz profile.

When you do a clean shutdown and reboot (e.g. Device Info -> Reset Options -> Restart ) does it not come up with that profile?

Try setting the other profile, and then post your /var/palm/event.d files again.

-- Rod
    Your event.d files show that you have a sticky performance 1GHz profile.

When you do a clean shutdown and reboot (e.g. Device Info -> Reset Options -> Restart ) does it not come up with that profile?

Try setting the other profile, and then post your /var/palm/event.d files again.

-- Rod
    just to clarify, why do you need me to post it again? this is how i set up govnah + uber

performance

all 1ghz...
    0%
    24 compcache
    override charger

named it then selected it, did a reboot.
    instead it shows in running 125/1000, the cache sticks but the override charger & 0% change to 500mhz and 25%.

so as you can see it's hard for me to see if my custom profile really sticks or if this is just a visual error. any idea what could cause this?

i guess i could doctor my phone this weekend but i hate to go through all of that tbh.