Page 56 of 96 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    I've searched the forum, and all I've found are unanswered questions. Maybe I've missed it, because of my frantic behavior, but I don't want my Pre on 1Ghz. I have Govnah and UberKernel, I used a basic 500/88Mhz Screenstate, when I rebooted my divice the Profile read unknown and the Frequency was at 1Ghz.
    I really want to get this fixed, and if I need to reinstall, all I want to know is if I must remove the kernel before/after I remove Govnah. I don't want to brick my pre. Please, any advice would be deeply appreciated.
    ~Ted
    you won't brick it but any underclock/overclock can shorten it's life span.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    you won't brick it but any underclock/overclock can shorten it's life span.
    I know that, but with this 1GHz bug, I'm finding it hard to stay cool. Is the bug even worth a reinstall? Or can I just look past it? Is it simply mis-reading?
    And if reinstalling Govnah is what will fix it, I want to know if I should remove Govnah or UberKernel -- if it even matters.
    I don't mean to sound like a pest, but, please, someone, can you answer my question?
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    i dunno i fully uninstalled the kernel and govnah and rebooted. then installed both again, made my custom profile and rebooted, still won't stick. the only kernel i have found to stick is the 800mhz dagger kernel. i can't tell if this is just a visual bug with govnah or not?
    i dunno i fully uninstalled the kernel and govnah and rebooted. then installed both again, made my custom profile and rebooted, still won't stick. the only kernel i have found to stick is the 800mhz dagger kernel. i can't tell if this is just a visual bug with govnah or not?
    I'm not worried about it sticking, Govnah doesn't remember your setting after a full reboot (e.g. shut down, power on), only restarts.
    What I'm worried about is it ready at 1Ghz!
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    I know that, but with this 1GHz bug, I'm finding it hard to stay cool. Is the bug even worth a reinstall? Or can I just look past it? Is it simply mis-reading?
    And if reinstalling Govnah is what will fix it, I want to know if I should remove Govnah or UberKernel -- if it even matters.
    I don't mean to sound like a pest, but, please, someone, can you answer my question?
    ~Ted
    how many times do you restart your phone? it only changes once and when your phone boots up, change it to your desired profile...
    mh3rn4nd3z3, I'm having the same problem as you once did.
    When I restarted my phone, the Profile read as "Unknown" and the Frequency read at "1Ghz." Prior to the restart, I was running on a 500/800 ScreenState.
    How did you fix this?
    ~Ted
    I'm not worried about it sticking, Govnah doesn't remember your setting after a full reboot (e.g. shut down, power on), only restarts.
    What I'm worried about is it ready at 1Ghz!
    ~Ted
    mine won't stick after a reboot either not just a shutdown. for now im going to use the 800mhz dagger kernel.
    mine won't stick after a reboot either not just a shutdown. for now im going to use the 800mhz dagger kernel.
    Hmm...well, how did you solve the Frequency reading as "1GHz?"
    ~Ted
    Hmm...well, how did you solve the Frequency reading as "1GHz?"
    ~Ted
    i didn't that's why im using a different kernel for now. for some reason the delta kernel settings stick after reboot or shutdown.

i guess i can sacrifice the uberkernel & 1ghz overclock for awhile.
    I wish someone could just address this bloody question already.
    mh3rn4nd3z3, I'm having the same problem as you once did.
    When I restarted my phone, the Profile read as "Unknown" and the Frequency read at "1Ghz." Prior to the restart, I was running on a 500/800 ScreenState.
    How did you fix this?
    ~Ted
    I didn't really fix anything. I restart my phone about once a day, and immediately after booting I open Govnah and change to the profile I like (fixed 600Mhz). Then I don't worry until the next day or two when and if I reboot my phone.

Not really a problem in my opinion. Just an 'annoying' little task that takes like 2 seconds to fix. Temperature is fine and performance is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by mh3rn4nd3z3 View Post
    I didn't really fix anything. I restart my phone about once a day, and immediately after booting I open Govnah and change to the profile I like (fixed 600Mhz). Then I don't worry until the next day or two when and if I reboot my phone.

Not really a problem in my opinion. Just an 'annoying' little task that takes like 2 seconds to fix. Temperature is fine and performance is great.
    I'm begging to thing Govnah does this because 1GHz is stable now, although it's a tad overkill for me. Nevertheless, I'll stick with the 500/800MHz. Thanks for the helpful words, mate!
    ~Ted
    ill get it tonight, right now im working on boosting the phone earpiece volume and i think i got it working! i may have a solution for some users.
    I've had a "solution" for quite a while, but I'm no programmer. If some one with JSON skills can hack this into a mega-mixer for webOS, have at it:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

echo -e \\vMEDIA
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/media/setVolume '{"scenario":"media_front_speaker","volume":"100"}'
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/media/setVolume '{"scenario":"media_back_speaker","volume":"100"}'
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/media/setVolume '{"scenario":"media_headset","volume":"100"}'   

echo -e \\vPHONE
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/phone/setVolume '{"scenario":"phone_front_speaker","volume":"100"}'
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/phone/setVolume '{"scenario":"phone_back_speaker","volume":"100"}'
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/phone/setVolume '{"scenario":"phone_headset","volume":"100"}'

echo -e \\vRINGTONE
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/ringtone/setVolume '{"volume":"100"}'

echo -e \\vSYSTEM
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/system/setVolume '{"volume":"100"}'

echo -e \\vRINGER SWITCH
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.keys/switches/status '{"get":"ringer"}'  

echo -e \\vHEASET JACK
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.keys/switches/status '{"get":"headset"}'

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/media/setCurrentScenario '{"scenario":"media_back_speaker"}'
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/phone/setCurrentScenario '{"scenario":"phone_front_speaker"}'
    Quite simple and basic, really, but it works. It sets every possible volume in webOS to max. "Fixes" most (if not all) sound volume issues. It resets the phone audio to be the front speaker as well (I was having issues with that, that's how this script started life).

There's a couple Get States in there just so I could see what was happening (mute switch and headphone in? checks). They aren't needed for volume setting.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Thanks for the effective problem report, I'll take a look at this today.
    I see what you're not saying!

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Are you able to reproduce it on demand now? If so, can you post the contents of the upstart files?

-- Rod

Yes. I just rebooted and it went to 1G/125M on it's own.

My current profiles (Uber800 1.2 being what I was running before reboot):

Plus the standard default ones, of course.

Attachment contains:

• dmesg dump from last boot.
    • messages and messages.0
    • /var/palm/event.d/org*

Logs And Stuff.zip

I hope this all helps somehow!

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I see what you're not saying!

Yes. I just rebooted and it went to 1G/125M on it's own.

I hope this all helps somehow!

M.
    This is a feature^H^H^H^H^H bug.

Under some conditions the performance gov will take hold if no profile is found or no profile can be selected on boot. If a profile gets set then you will never see this problem/feature.

I've seen this before but never paid it any mind since a profile took care of it. Also I don't build in performance gov in my testing kernels, so it was definitely not going to be noticed.

The performance gov is heavily tied into the default linux kernel in case of other total governor failure.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post

Under some conditions the performance gov will take hold if no profile is found or no profile can be selected on boot. If a profile gets set then you will never see this problem/feature.

I've seen this before but never paid it any mind since a profile took care of it. Also I don't build in performance gov in my testing kernels, so it was definitely not going to be noticed.

The performance gov is heavily tied into the default linux kernel in case of other total governor failure.
    all i know is your dagger kernel settings stick after reset. i wish we had a 1ghz preset kernel out of the box "sort of speaking" like dagger that we could install.

so is this a bug with govnah or with uberkernel then?
    all my settings stick, even after a full shut down.
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    all i know is your dagger kernel settings stick after reset. i wish we had a 1ghz preset kernel out of the box "sort of speaking" like dagger that we could install.

so is this a bug with govnah or with uberkernel then?
    When you supply the information requested to allow us to attempt to reproduce it, then we may be able to answer it.

Before then, repeated questions without supplying additional information tend to become annoying ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post

I guess maybe I'm not following you this time.

The first boot into UberKernel from Thunderchief that you had noticed in the logs about the audio issue were coming off of my Thunderchief profile of screenstate 1005M/500M. UberKernel should've then defaulted to userspace 500M since it doesn't know 1005M it knows "1G", right? (or am I being silly here?)

Still, on a clean reboot of my Uber800 profile, it still ignored that and went to 1G/125M but kept Performance (rather than dropping to userspace).

Am I seeing this right and just missing the point you're trying to get through my skull?

M.
    So, I must say that I love having my phone run faster. I am having an issue though that I am not sure is related to Govnah but I think may be.

My screen will randomly light up then turn off. It may do this once or it may do it 5 times in a row. It may do it once an hour or it may do it every few minutes. I didn't notice this problem till after I installed Govnah. I lived with it for a while then decided to doctor my phone. After doctoring the problem seemed to be fixed and a few days later I installed Govnah and Uberkernal again. Now my phone is consistantly doing the screen thing again and it is driving me nuts!

Has anyone else reported this or do you know what might be happening? I have a Sprint Pre from shortly after launch so I am hoping it's a software issue and not that something is wrong with my phone.

Thanks!