Page 55 of 96 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    whats your low battery speed set at? i tried this setting today and yes my phone was fast but it did suck up some serious battery life. and im on a 1400mAh.
    0%/1ghz IOW: my device is either running 1ghz or its fully idle 0ghz...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  2.    #1082  
    it's gotta be a bug.
    Please:

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    To be able to debug these reports of strange auto-1GHz behaviour from an UberKernel that defaults to userspace 500MHz if a custom profile is not applied (and there is only ever one profile that can be saved at a time), we need a 100% reproducible test case.

Until we have a 100% reproducible test case, or one of the developers is able to reproduce it (none of us can at the moment), then we can only wait for other corroborating reports with more context information in them.

We also need those reporting these issues to display that they fully understand the difference between clean and unclean shutdowns, and the different behaviour of custom profiles for each. Please display that understanding in your reports so that we don't have to ask you.

-- Rod
    Really!:

OK, post the listing of files in the /etc/event.d and /var/palm/event.d directories, and then post the contents of any files in those directories which have govnah or compcache or any other related term in the filename.

-- Rod
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    0%/1ghz IOW: my device is either running 1ghz or its fully idle 0ghz...
    thanks, ill give this a go and test it out tomorrow. i cannot seem to get the testing feeds to load in preware... does someone have the ipk for govnah 0.7.2?
    To be able to debug these reports of strange auto-1GHz behaviour from an UberKernel that defaults to userspace 500MHz if a custom profile is not applied (and there is only ever one profile that can be saved at a time), we need a 100% reproducible test case.

Until we have a 100% reproducible test case, or one of the developers is able to reproduce it (none of us can at the moment), then we can only wait for other corroborating reports with more context information in them.

We also need those reporting these issues to display that they fully understand the difference between clean and unclean shutdowns, and the different behaviour of custom profiles for each. Please display that understanding in your reports so that we don't have to ask you.

-- Rod

• I know the difference between a clean and unclean reboot/shutdown.
    • Sprint Pre (not launch)
    • Not a Chuck Pre, but not Nancy either.
    • webOS 1.4.5
    • UberKernel-113
    • Govnah 0.7.2
    • I have never had a profile that had 125MHz in it because my phone never liked it.

http://forums.precentral.net/2697747-post575.html

Please see the attachment in the above post from me containing two logs from the very evening/night that I installed UberKernel by request of UnixPsycho for some audio testing. He asked me to remove Thunderchief and install UberKernel. I noticed later that night when trying a couple different Govnah settings that it was running at 1GHz/125MHz all evening/night. All I did was install it. I had gotten used to the testing kernels and not the more mainstream ones so I didn't even open Govnah for a few hours after installing Uberkernel-113, so I have no idea what it said at install time. I noticed it later.

I had/have two Thunderchief profiles that are 1G/500M ('Psycho's stock voltages and my voltage tweaked one and charger override). After Psycho pointed it out to me, I created a 1G/500M screenstate for UberKernel. I've since created a performance 800 because of sound system regressions with 1.4.5 (it seems).

Point is at that time, I had only your/oil's/etc.'s stock profiles and my two Thunderchiefs. I had doctored for 1.4.5 so I already knew what to type in and didn't need/have a ton of testing profiles around.

UberKernel-113 ran at 1G/125M out-of-the-box for me.

I hope my logs are of some use.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 10/11/2010 at 08:08 PM.
    it's gotta be a bug.
    Is it anything to be worried about? Or can I just ignore it?
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Please:

please what? i have tried to set my profile 6 times today and it only stuck once and then when i made a change im back to square one. so you know... im running govnah 0.71 not 0.7.2.

alot of people are experiencing the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    Is it anything to be worried about? Or can I just ignore it?
    ~Ted
    i have no clue and im not bashing anything here. but i do know yesterday after a clean reboot the phantom profile that was set at 125/1000 locked my phone up every time. i haven't had that happen today.
    Last edited by fixxxer1022; 10/11/2010 at 05:50 PM.
    please what?
    lol. this thread is a good laugh.

Create a new profile with a unique name that you have never used.
    Does this one really make a difference? because I have been naming them the same thing... (deleting and making a new one with the same name... )
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    • I know the difference between a clean and unclean reboot/shutdown.
    • Sprint Pre (not launch)
    • Not a Chuck Pre, but not Nancy either.
    • webOS 1.4.5
    • UberKernel-113
    • Govnah 0.7.2
    • I have never had a profile that had 125MHz in it because my phone never liked it.

http://forums.precentral.net/2697747-post575.html

Please see the attachment in the above post from me containing two logs from the very evening/night that I installed UberKernel by request of UnixPsycho for some audio testing. He asked me to remove Thunderbird and install UberKernel. I noticed later that night when trying a couple different Govnah settings that it was running at 1GHz/125MHz all evening/night. All I did was install it. I had gotten used to the testing kernels and not the more mainstream ones so I didn't even open Govnah for a few hours after installing Uberkernel-113, so I have no idea what it said at install time. I noticed it later.

I had/have two Thunderbird profiles that are 1G/500M ('Psycho's stock voltages and my voltage tweaked one and charger override). After Psycho pointed it out to me, I created a 1G/500M screenstate for UberKernel. I've since created a performance 800 because of sound system regressions with 1.4.5 (it seems).

Point is at that time, I had only your/oil's/etc.'s stock profiles and my two Thunderbirds. I had doctored for 1.4.5 so I already knew what to type in and didn't need/have a ton of testing profiles around.

UberKernel-113 ran at 1G/125M out-of-the-box for me.

I hope my logs are of some use.

M.
    Thanks for the effective problem report, I'll take a look at this today.

Are you able to reproduce it on demand now? If so, can you post the contents of the upstart files?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by mh3rn4nd3z3 View Post
    lol. this thread is a good laugh.

Does this one really make a difference? because I have been naming them the same thing... (deleting and making a new one with the same name... )
    maybe govnah 0.7.2 doesn't have this issue.
    How would I go about removing Govnah?
    It seems I have a bug, and I have a feeling re-installing it would work.
    Anyone?
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    Anyone?
    ~Ted
    Hold Orange and tap the icon.

or

Preware --> Installed --> tap Govnah --> remove.

M.
    Anyone?
    ~Ted
    Same as any other homebrew package. Go into your Preware Installed Packages list, select Govnah, hit Remove.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Same as any other homebrew package. Go into your Preware Installed Packages list, select Govnah, hit Remove.

-- Rod
    Rod, I think I'll ask this question once more, but to you directly.
    When I reboot my divice, my Frequency is read at 1GHz and my Profile is read as unknown. This is the "bug" I was talking about, do you think I need to remove/reinstall Govnah to fix this (I was using a 500/800 Screenstate).
    Also, must I remove my kernal (UberKernal) package as well?
    ~Ted
    Rod, I think I'll ask this question once more, but to you directly.
    When I reboot my divice, my Frequency is read at 1GHz and my Profile is read as unknown. This is the "bug" I was talking about, do you think I need to remove/reinstall Govnah to fix this (I was using a 500/800 Screenstate).
    Also, must I remove my kernal (UberKernal) package as well?
    ~Ted
    When we have gathered enough information to diagnose these problem reports, you can be sure that the diagnosis and any recommended actions will be posted here.

-- Rod
    please what? i have tried to set my profile 6 times today and it only stuck once and then when i made a change im back to square one. so you know... im running govnah 0.71 not 0.7.2.

alot of people are experiencing the same thing.
    Note that I'm still waiting for the information from you that I requested yesterday.

-- Rod
    Note that I'm still waiting for the information from you that I requested yesterday.

-- Rod
    ill get it tonight, right now im working on boosting the phone earpiece volume and i think i got it working! i may have a solution for some users.
    55 pages :/ forgive me for not reading every page to see if this has been asked.

But following the webosroundup tip of changing voltages at different frequencies, Im wondering why after any restart the settings revert back to default and I have to spend 5 minutes every time changing the voltages, surly there is a way to get them to stick?
    When we have gathered enough information to diagnose these problem reports, you can be sure that the diagnosis and any recommended actions will be posted here.

-- Rod
    I've searched the forum, and all I've found are unanswered questions. Maybe I've missed it, because of my frantic behavior, but I don't want my Pre on 1Ghz. I have Govnah and UberKernel, I used a basic 500/88Mhz Screenstate, when I rebooted my divice the Profile read unknown and the Frequency was at 1Ghz.
    I really want to get this fixed, and if I need to reinstall, all I want to know is if I must remove the kernel before/after I remove Govnah. I don't want to brick my pre. Please, any advice would be deeply appreciated.
    ~Ted
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    55 pages :/ forgive me for not reading every page to see if this has been asked.

But following the webosroundup tip of changing voltages at different frequencies, Im wondering why after any restart the settings revert back to default and I have to spend 5 minutes every time changing the voltages, surly there is a way to get them to stick?
    as rod said they are looking into it as we speak.