Page 54 of 96 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    sorry to ask but is there a stock 1ghz kernel out there that is like the stable 800mhz delta one? ive seen a 1.2 & 1.5ghz but they are in testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    care to share your setup and config for us? the issue for me was my settings would not stick in govnah. are you running uberkernel or a different kernel?
    ...devices and usage patterns vary, as has been stated.....

uberk 1.4.5-113
    govnah 0.7.1 -performance 1ghz, compcache enabled 16mb, no other settings modified in govnah

i have email set to manual (if i'm away from my laptop i go with 1 hour), stay logged out of IM until i need it, facebook set to 1 hour. i run the "quick system tasks" app at all times, brightness 1%.
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    sorry to ask but is there a stock 1ghz kernel out there that is like the stable 800mhz delta one? ive seen a 1.2 & 1.5ghz but they are in testing.
    ...uberkernel...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    No such thing as a stock 1ghz kernel.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    No such thing as a stock 1ghz kernel.
    i meant 1ghz out of the box without tweaking like delta.
    I was reading the overclocking post at webosroundup and in an update the author shows a screenshot witha "core voltage" screen....i can't find it??? I still see the VDD1 line.... I'm running 0.7.1 Gov and uber 1.4.5-113
    i meant 1ghz out of the box without tweaking like delta.
    Latest UberKernel offers 1GHz (plus 800, 720 and lower MHz)... it's the advised kernel unless you're an experienced user -and know the risks-. 8-)
    Last edited by quini; 10/11/2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Wrong english... O8-)
    Quote Originally Posted by quini View Post
    Latest UberKernel offers 1GHz (plus 800, 720 and lower MHz)... it's the advised kernel unless you're an experienced user -and know the risks-. 8-)
    I dont know why people think Delta Dagger isn't stable? Then why is it in the Stable Feed?? F102A needs no tweaks, hence there being no way to tweak it. (as above post seemed to take into question)

Also I don't know where this is advised? Once size does not fit all. That's why there are more than 1 kernel in the stable feed. The testing feed is a different story altogether.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    (I'm aware of who you are, oil! This isn't really directed to you, more the others reading this).

That's a bit too "umbrella" of a statement. NONE of the kernels will do something you have told it not to do, this is true. *However*, if the custom profile was not properly saved/loaded, the kernels will fall back to their default settings. In the case of UberKernel, that would mean 1GHz / 125MHz (is that correct oil?).

That would mean that gitit20's profile isn't being properly saved.

gitit20: After you create and save your custom Govnah profile, cleanly reboot your phone straight away. That should save it for future boots.

M.
    I have been trying this also. I make a profile, save it, reboot and it goes back to Unknown profile with 1GHz / 125MHz.
    Quote Originally Posted by mh3rn4nd3z3 View Post
    Cool new features, but whenever I reboot my device the profile name is switched to "unknown" with a frequency of 1Ghz. Does anyone else get this?

Thanks for the new version.
    I'm having this same problem!
    ~Ted
    My Pre kept resetting to "Unknown" after reboots too. Cured it by uninstalling everything in PreWare, then doctored it. With virgin setup, reinstalled PreWare, then Govnah, then
    UberKernel. Govnah now remembers my favorite setting thru reboots. And then I added back my same apps and patches. Still keeps its settings on reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsheldon View Post
    My Pre kept resetting to "Unknown" after reboots too. Cured it by uninstalling everything in PreWare, then doctored it. With virgin setup, reinstalled PreWare, then Govnah, then
    UberKernel. Govnah now remembers my favorite setting thru reboots. And then I added back my same apps and patches. Still keeps its settings on reboot.
    As far as I was aware; it's common for Govnah to keep it's setting after a reboot. But after a full reset, you have to set it again. Good fix, though!
    Nevertheless, I don't know why I'm getting a 1GHz Frequenzy after a full reset.
    ~Ted
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    I was reading the overclocking post at webosroundup and in an update the author shows a screenshot witha "core voltage" screen....i can't find it??? I still see the VDD1 line.... I'm running 0.7.1 Gov and uber 1.4.5-113
    HELP???
    seriously, the govnah wiki hasn't even been updated since july??? i'm trying to not be a pest, but i've searched this thread...
    seriously, the govnah wiki hasn't even been updated since july??? i'm trying to not be a pest, but i've searched this thread...
    Latest version is 0.7.2 in the testing feed.

Feel free to update the wiki.

-- Rod
    Whenever I reboot my device the profile name is switched to "unknown" with a frequency of 1Ghz -- what's going on here? It's really got me curious.
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    Whenever I reboot my device the profile name is switched to "unknown" with a frequency of 1Ghz -- what's going on here? It's really got me curious.
    ~Ted
    Try this

Create a new profile with a unique name that you have never used. Apply your setting ....select the profile...reboot...
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    I'm having this same problem!
    ~Ted
    it's gotta be a bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Latest version is 0.7.2 in the testing feed.

Feel free to update the wiki.

-- Rod
    thanks Rod. i did already update to 0.7.2 and was still not seeing it, but only after removing/reinstalling govnah via preware that i then realized that it was the "manual entry" being set to yes that kept me from seeing the drop down entries.

now, updating the wiki...
    ...devices and usage patterns vary, as has been stated.....

uberk 1.4.5-113
    govnah 0.7.1 -performance 1ghz, compcache enabled 16mb, no other settings modified in govnah

i have email set to manual (if i'm away from my laptop i go with 1 hour), stay logged out of IM until i need it, facebook set to 1 hour. i run the "quick system tasks" app at all times, brightness 1%.
    whats your low battery speed set at? i tried this setting today and yes my phone was fast but it did suck up some serious battery life. and im on a 1400mAh.