Page 53 of 96 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #1041  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If your device is doing a significant amount of background tasks while the screen is off, then it will take longer for those tasks to complete. When the device is *truly* idle, the clocks are turned off (0MHz), so you want to get to that true sleep state as quickly and as often as possible to get battery savings.

    So for a lot of people, 125MHz and 250MHz are not beneficial at all. Google "Linux race to idle" for more information.

    -- Rod
    Thanks Rod. I came across some of your posts when you mentioned a "true" idle at 0Mhz when I was searching, but didn't quite understand it at the time. Thanks for the clarification.
  2. #1042  
    Hey guys great app but i have been having an issue I made a profile for screen state 500/720 and that works just dandy however when i open govnah i notice a lot of the time its changed to 1ghz all the time i notice it because my battery life is shorter then it normally is Its good that my phone can run the 1ghz just fine with out crashing but i am wondering why its doing this just changing to 1ghz I did a fast skim over this thread did not see it and am sorry if its been covered before

    Steps i have taken to solve this but did not work I set govnah to stock speed removed it removed Uber Kernel rebooted reloaded UK and Govnah Works for a day or so and then goes right back to 1ghz very puzzling maybe my pre is just happy at 1ghz i know one thing it boots fast like this but i don't feel comfie running it this fast

    Also wanted to state i have a Pre Plus on Sprint With a full sprint rom with all the sprint tokens...
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  3.    #1043  
    Govnah has no code which changes your clock to 1ghz without you asking for it.
  4. #1044  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Govnah has no code which changes your clock to 1ghz without you asking for it.
    (I'm aware of who you are, oil! This isn't really directed to you, more the others reading this).


    That's a bit too "umbrella" of a statement. NONE of the kernels will do something you have told it not to do, this is true. *However*, if the custom profile was not properly saved/loaded, the kernels will fall back to their default settings. In the case of UberKernel, that would mean 1GHz / 125MHz (is that correct oil?).

    That would mean that gitit20's profile isn't being properly saved.

    gitit20: After you create and save your custom Govnah profile, cleanly reboot your phone straight away. That should save it for future boots.


    M.
  5.    #1045  
    Uberkernels default is userspace with setspeed at 500mhz.
  6. #1046  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Uberkernels default is userspace with setspeed at 500mhz.

    It is? I installed Uber last week by request of 'Psycho for some testing and it did 1k/125 out-of-the-box. I haven't had Uber on here since... I don't know when (got to be early summer if not even futher back), and I've certainly doctored since I had used it last so there's no old whacky profiles hanging around.


    M.
  7. #1047  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    It is? I installed Uber last week by request of 'Psycho for some testing and it did 1k/125 out-of-the-box. I haven't had Uber on here since... I don't know when (got to be early summer if not even futher back), and I've certainly doctored since I had used it last so there's no old whacky profiles hanging around.


    M.
    oil is referring to the default if no other profile is set will default to Palm stock 500MHz Userspace.
    Live free or DIE!
  8. #1048  
    ive seen alot of people say that after a reboot or shutting the phone down the govnah goes to this weird 1ghz userspace profile. it happens on my phone too and that freezes up my phone when it goes to sleep. is this a bug? because i know for a fact i set my custom profile correct. it doesn't seem to stick on boot, it just does when luna restarts.

    i want screenstate 500/100 with the override charger on and compcache set to 16mb. i saved it by the name evo speed and it only sticks until a reboot happens.
  9. #1049  
    To be able to debug these reports of strange auto-1GHz behaviour from an UberKernel that defaults to userspace 500MHz if a custom profile is not applied (and there is only ever one profile that can be saved at a time), we need a 100% reproducible test case.

    Until we have a 100% reproducible test case, or one of the developers is able to reproduce it (none of us can at the moment), then we can only wait for other corroborating reports with more context information in them.

    We also need those reporting these issues to display that they fully understand the difference between clean and unclean shutdowns, and the different behaviour of custom profiles for each. Please display that understanding in your reports so that we don't have to ask you.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10.    #1050  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i want screenstate 500/100 with the override charger on and compcache set to 16mb. i saved it by the name evo speed and it only sticks until a reboot happens.
    After you save it, go to the profile list, and tap on your profile to apply it. That is what will make it stick across a reboot.
  11. #1051  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    To be able to debug these reports of strange auto-1GHz behaviour from an UberKernel that defaults to userspace 500MHz if a custom profile is not applied (and there is only ever one profile that can be saved at a time), we need a 100% reproducible test case.

    Until we have a 100% reproducible test case, or one of the developers is able to reproduce it (none of us can at the moment), then we can only wait for other corroborating reports with more context information in them.

    We also need those reporting these issues to display that they fully understand the difference between clean and unclean shutdowns, and the different behaviour of custom profiles for each. Please display that understanding in your reports so that we don't have to ask you.

    -- Rod
    rod i know the difference between a clean and not clean shutdown/restart but im not going to have my phone freeze up every time it reboots and goes to sleep. something is definitely up because several people have reported it.

    thanks for responding!
  12. #1052  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    After you save it, go to the profile list, and tap on your profile to apply it. That is what will make it stick across a reboot.
    i did and it will not stick after reset or shutdown.
  13. #1053  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    rod i know the difference between a clean and not clean shutdown/restart but im not going to have my phone freeze up every time it reboots and goes to sleep. something is definitely up because several people have reported it.

    thanks for responding!
    OK, post the listing of files in the /etc/event.d and /var/palm/event.d directories, and then post the contents of any files in those directories which have govnah or compcache or any other related term in the filename.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14. #1054  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, post the listing of files in the /etc/event.d and /var/palm/event.d directories, and then post the contents of any files in those directories which have govnah or compcache or any other related term in the filename.

    -- Rod
    i actually just uninstalled uberkernel and was going to try that 800mhz one and see what happens. ill try to post what you need tonight, thanks.
  15. #1055  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i actually just uninstalled uberkernel and was going to try that 800mhz one and see what happens. ill try to post what you need tonight, thanks.
    Which 800MHz one are you referring to?

    If it's a script or patch or application that is not in the WebOS Internals kernel feeds, then you should be aware that it is probably based on webOS 1.4.0, has been denounced by the developer who wrote the kernel code in it (which is not the same as the person who released it), is completely unsupported, does not include the keyboard driver fix for Verizon keyboards, and will corrupt your LunaSysMgr and Universal Search if you leave it installed over an OTA update.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. #1056  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If your device is doing a significant amount of background tasks while the screen is off, then it will take longer for those tasks to complete. When the device is *truly* idle, the clocks are turned off (0MHz), so you want to get to that true sleep state as quickly and as often as possible to get battery savings.

    So for a lot of people, 125MHz and 250MHz are not beneficial at all. Google "Linux race to idle" for more information.

    -- Rod
    ...this is why i wonder why mess with screenstate at all! my device runs cooler and longer pegged on 1ghz. when i do charge it does so faster and cooler (even on the touchstone) even while running multiple heavy apps.
  17. #1057  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    ...this is why i wonder why mess with screenstate at all! my device runs cooler and longer pegged on 1ghz. when i do charge it does so faster and cooler (even on the touchstone) even while running multiple heavy apps.
    Usage patterns vary. One size does not fit all.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18. #1058  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Which 800MHz one are you referring to?

    If it's a script or patch or application that is not in the WebOS Internals kernel feeds, then you should be aware that it is probably based on webOS 1.4.0, has been denounced by the developer who wrote the kernel code in it (which is not the same as the person who released it), is completely unsupported, does not include the keyboard driver fix for Verizon keyboards, and will corrupt your LunaSysMgr and Universal Search if you leave it installed over an OTA update.

    -- Rod
    the stable delta dagger 800mhz kernel that was in preware.
  19. #1059  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    ...this is why i wonder why mess with screenstate at all! my device runs cooler and longer pegged on 1ghz. when i do charge it does so faster and cooler (even on the touchstone) even while running multiple heavy apps.
    care to share your setup and config for us? the issue for me was my settings would not stick in govnah. are you running uberkernel or a different kernel?
  20. #1060  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    the stable delta dagger 800mhz kernel that was in preware.
    OK, that one of course is fine

    -- Rod

Posting Permissions