Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxgaret View Post
    I seem not to have been clear enough, my question was this: when your battery level reaches the battery low percentage will change to whatever you have set in batt low speed, this I understand, however, does the phone still switch to the min freq setting when the screen is off?

Basically, does screenstate switching still operate when the batt low threshold has been reached, or is it locked on the batt low frequency, whether or not your screen is on or off?
    screenstate will not operate in low battery conditions, on or off.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by gotword View Post
    I also get this (since recent update) with using a custom profile, when reseting the pre and whenI plug into charger then unplug it will change to unknown also.
    Hmm... i only get it when restarting...

The only thing I have 'custom' is compcache enable in the default 600Mhz profile - nothing fancy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mh3rn4nd3z3 View Post
    Cool new features, but whenever I reboot my device the profile name is switched to "unknown" with a frequency of 1Ghz. Does anyone else get this?

Thanks for the new version.
    I get this too after a reboot.
    If I check with battery monitor it drains at a higher rate compared to when I start Govnah and tell it to run at screenstate 500/800. Somehow this helps a lot to save battery.

Edit: I just went back and reread the FAQs, which says it keeps settings until reboot. I thought I had read before that it kept the settings through a reboot, but I guess I read wrong.
    Last edited by lopezpm; 10/07/2010 at 11:26 AM.
  4.    #1024  
    If you go into advanced settings, change something, and simply apply settings, they will be cleared after a reboot.

For your settings to "stick" across a reboot, you need to save your settings as a profile, and then tap on the profile to apply and "stick" it.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    If you go into advanced settings, change something, and simply apply settings, they will be cleared after a reboot.

For your settings to "stick" across a reboot, you need to save your settings as a profile, and then tap on the profile to apply and "stick" it.
    That's what I've done. I have my own profiles I've been using. I just erased all my profiles and made new ones so I will reboot and see what happens. Though I can't tell I guess until I see how the battery drains. Even if it doesn't stick, really not a big deal for me to open up Govnah and set profile. Definitely pays off in speed and battery life.

Edit: Just rebooted I can tell it worked just based on speed. It wasn't sticking before but it is now. Nice! I wonder if I should have erased profiles and re-added them after the update.

Edit 2: Just opened up Govnah and it says Unknown for the Profile and it's set to 1 GHz.
    I even uninstalled and reinstalled it and it's the same thing.
    Last edited by lopezpm; 10/07/2010 at 01:53 PM.
    Question: can we have an option for the clock speed when using the charger override?

I'm running Screenstate 500/1000 and have a touchstone in my car - i'd love to be able to override on the charger - but only to say: 720mHz. Is this possible? Stock speeds on the road (maps, etc) are absolute suck, but i'm not set on running the full 1gHz while adding the heat from that charger.

Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoum View Post
    Question: can we have an option for the clock speed when using the charger override?

I'm running Screenstate 500/1000 and have a touchstone in my car - i'd love to be able to override on the charger - but only to say: 720mHz. Is this possible? Stock speeds on the road (maps, etc) are absolute suck, but i'm not set on running the full 1gHz while adding the heat from that charger.

Thanks!!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoum View Post

Thanks!!
    Use Mode Switcher to switch Govnah profiles.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Ah - I was looking for it under MS "settings" - found it under "Apps: - Add Srv"

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    That's what I've done. I have my own profiles I've been using. I just erased all my profiles and made new ones so I will reboot and see what happens. Though I can't tell I guess until I see how the battery drains. Even if it doesn't stick, really not a big deal for me to open up Govnah and set profile. Definitely pays off in speed and battery life.

Edit: Just rebooted I can tell it worked just based on speed. It wasn't sticking before but it is now. Nice! I wonder if I should have erased profiles and re-added them after the update.

Edit 2: Just opened up Govnah and it says Unknown for the Profile and it's set to 1 GHz.
    I even uninstalled and reinstalled it and it's the same thing.
    are your voltage settings changed, im wondering that if there lowered that its afecting it "sticking" prolly has nothing to do with it though

when I used the stock 500/1000 preloaded on govnah this does not happen, and it's only started to happen since this recent update and since I lowered the voltage
    @oil

would having the option to start a profile from scatch rather then edit any of the preset ones fix this issue and the naming problem?
  12.    #1032  
    What naming problem?
    Any chance you can add a button to "reset" voltage setting to default? or at least put the default settings somewhere in the app for reference.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    What naming problem?
    The one where the new profile name doesn't 'stick'. For example, I modified the 600Mhz as 'base' and saved as new profile (profile X). And when I'm done, I go back and select 'profile X', but in the name it shows "fixed speed 600".

------

That is a known bug.

I could go in depth about WHY it happens, but that would just bore everyone. Know that it is in fact setting your custom profile, it just displays the wrong one as current.
    Quote Originally Posted by mh3rn4nd3z3 View Post
    ah... Thanks. This answers my previous question. So just 'ignore' the wrong name and pretend as if it had the custom profile?

Is a fix possible?

thanks!
    Yes.

Yes.

No problem.
  15.    #1035  
    Oh, that problem.

The fix is already in testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by gotword View Post
    are your voltage settings changed, im wondering that if there lowered that its afecting it "sticking" prolly has nothing to do with it though

when I used the stock 500/1000 preloaded on govnah this does not happen, and it's only started to happen since this recent update and since I lowered the voltage
    no I'm not touching anything but the min and max freq. Settings. Then I save it as my own profile and when I restart the pre it goes to unknown with min of 125 and max of 1000.
  17.    #1037  
    New in testing
    Have had it since this morning (EST)...and it works f***ing great. I think its a great idea and provides new users with some basic info while leaving the forums for more detailed questions / issues.

This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I read through as much of the thread as possible, but haven't seen a post specifically addressing my question.

I'm very happy with the stock screenstate 500/1000 profile, but I decided to try out 125/1000 and 250/1000 screenstate profiles and discovered that I get TERRIBLE battery life with them. I didn't touch the voltages, but honestly figured there would be a slight improvement in battery life while the screen was off/phone idle.

Thoughts on why I'd see a drastic decrease in battery life with the only change being a lower idle speed?
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    I read through as much of the thread as possible, but haven't seen a post specifically addressing my question.

I'm very happy with the stock screenstate 500/1000 profile, but I decided to try out 125/1000 and 250/1000 screenstate profiles and discovered that I get TERRIBLE battery life with them. I didn't touch the voltages, but honestly figured there would be a slight improvement in battery life while the screen was off/phone idle.

Thoughts on why I'd see a drastic decrease in battery life with the only change being a lower idle speed?
    If your device is doing a significant amount of background tasks while the screen is off, then it will take longer for those tasks to complete. When the device is *truly* idle, the clocks are turned off (0MHz), so you want to get to that true sleep state as quickly and as often as possible to get battery savings.

So for a lot of people, 125MHz and 250MHz are not beneficial at all. Google "Linux race to idle" for more information.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals