Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Cool new features, but whenever I reboot my device the profile name is switched to "unknown" with a frequency of 1Ghz. Does anyone else get this?

Thanks for the new version.
    I have UberKernel and Govnah. I have overclocked successfully before but for some reason when I select a profile nothing changes. It just stays at Palm Default and not one profile will work. Help?
    I searched but couldn't find the answer to my question anywhere: the Batt Low Speed selection, does that override screenstate min freq? In other words, if I'm running screenstate 500/1000, and I set my batt low speed to 720, will the pre run at 500 or 720 when the screen is off? Thanks, sorry if this was answered elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxgaret View Post
    I searched but couldn't find the answer to my question anywhere: the Batt Low Speed selection, does that override screenstate min freq? In other words, if I'm running screenstate 500/1000, and I set my batt low speed to 720, will the pre run at 500 or 720 when the screen is off? Thanks, sorry if this was answered elsewhere.
    Setting the Battery Low field will only activate when the battery level reaches the Battery low percentage. It will not affect the min freq during normal operation.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by driv3thru View Post
    I have UberKernel and Govnah. I have overclocked successfully before but for some reason when I select a profile nothing changes. It just stays at Palm Default and not one profile will work. Help?
    Posts #975 to #977

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Running Sprint Pre (-) with UKset on 500/1GHZ screenstate.

Since the update, I notice that my Pre remains at 1 GHz, even when plugged in to my laptop's hi-output USB port for charging. This did not used to be the case. Is this a change in charging behavior depending on battery state, voltage, or something? Or is my laptop's port suddenly not delivering 1 amp??
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    In Govnah; do you have "charger override" set to "true"??
    If so, that would explain the behavior.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    No, it's set to False. Thanx for the reply tho
    No worries.
    I thought I read somewhere in these threads (searched but could not find) that once the device is fully charged, it will dis-engage the override.

As I said, I am not 100% on that...
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    No worries.
    I thought I read somewhere in these threads (searched but could not find) that once the device is fully charged, it will dis-engage the override.

As I said, I am not 100% on that...
    I think you are referring to the TouchStone charging code... That only is when the TS is attached, if the battery is full it will stop charging and will go to full speed for a bit until the battery discharges enough to start charging again, which will scale back down.
    Live free or DIE!
    So has it been determined which are the best voltage settings for each cpu setting?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I think you are referring to the TouchStone charging code... That only is when the TS is attached, if the battery is full it will stop charging and will go to full speed for a bit until the battery discharges enough to start charging again, which will scale back down.
    Thanks Unix! I knew I had read something on that....
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    So has it been determined which are the best voltage settings for each cpu setting?
    It is dependent on the phone itself, since every CPU is just a little different.

Pick a frequency, then drop the voltage by two clicks. Apply. Keep doing this, slowly, until you start to see little black specks. Then increase the voltage by one click.

My Govnah: Screenstate 125/1000 @ 912.5mV/1300mV

Know Your Overclocking Options: Voltage Tweaking Special (Update: Voltage Tweaking Goes Public!) | webOSroundup
    I'm using Preset Reset and my voltage settings are not sticking after a device reset. I also have muffle logs patch. Is this causing an issue or it always gets lost after device reset?
    ***I Twitter***

I'm using Preset Reset and my voltage settings are not sticking after a device reset. I also have muffle logs patch. Is this causing an issue or it always gets lost after device reset?

Are you saving your settings to a custom profile?

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Are you saving your settings to a custom profile?

M.
    I believe yes and the stock ones.
    ***I Twitter***

I believe yes and the stock ones.

Please follow along through this and let us know if you really are saving your profile:

Application:Govnah - WebOS Internals

(The pics are a little on the old side, but the info is still spot on).

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by mh3rn4nd3z3 View Post
    Cool new features, but whenever I reboot my device the profile name is switched to "unknown" with a frequency of 1Ghz. Does anyone else get this?

Thanks for the new version.
    I also get this (since recent update) with using a custom profile, when reseting the pre and whenI plug into charger then unplug it will change to unknown also.

on another note one of the crashes undervolting, it wiped my alarms, govnah profiles, when I opened App Catalog I had to click "I agree" again; and Preware acted like i just installed it,
    Last edited by gotword; 10/06/2010 at 04:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gotword View Post
    I also get this (since recent update) with using a custom profile, when reseting the pre and whenI plug into charger then unplug it will change to unknown also.

on another note one of the crashes undervolting, it wiped my alarms, govnah profiles, when I opened App Catalog I had to click "I agree" again; and Preware acted like i just installed it,
    Yep, kernel crashes are bad things - they could even corrupt your whole filesystem and delete all your data.

Don't mess with voltages unless you are fully prepared for a complete data loss at any moment.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Setting the Battery Low field will only activate when the battery level reaches the Battery low percentage. It will not affect the min freq during normal operation.
    I seem not to have been clear enough, my question was this: when your battery level reaches the battery low percentage will change to whatever you have set in batt low speed, this I understand, however, does the phone still switch to the min freq setting when the screen is off?

Basically, does screenstate switching still operate when the batt low threshold has been reached, or is it locked on the batt low frequency, whether or not your screen is on or off?