Page 50 of 96 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr3yGhOsT View Post
    D'oh! That is it! I did not draw the correlation between charging and the drop back down to 500 mhz! I have my Pre on the Touchstone in the car a lot and that is usually when I notice the slowdown - when I am running apps like Nav and Pandora. I get frustrated by my Pre lagging and check my speed and discover it is back to stock...and that would make sense since it is charging on the Touchstone! Thanks for clueing me in on this feature! And much thanks to everyone who has put so much work on this fantastic app and kernel!
    If you did not know:
    Under the Advanced Settings =>CPU Frequency Settings=>Override Parameters, you have the option of disabling this feature by flipping the "Override Charger" toggle to "True".

Of course, YMMV et al.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    If you did not know:
    Under the Advanced Settings =>CPU Frequency Settings=>Override Parameters, you have the option of disabling this feature by flipping the "Override Charger" toggle to "True".

Of course, YMMV et al.
    I don't see it. All I see is temp limit and temp reset under override parameters.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I don't see it. All I see is temp limit and temp reset under override parameters.
    The additional options are only available in the testing version of the kernel.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    the recent update of Govnah does not allow me to see any of my existing profiles. Was this intended? My profiles got wiped now it appears that I need to set them up again so mode switcher can see them.

update:

I am still unable to see any profiles after creating a new one with the latest govnah release
    Last edited by navinag; 10/03/2010 at 08:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    the recent update of Govnah does not allow me to see any of my existing profiles. Was this intended? My profiles got wiped now it appears that I need to set them up again so mode switcher can see them.

update:

I am still unable to see any profiles after creating a new one with the latest govnah release
    I also have this problem with v0.7.0 of Govnah. I tried restoring my profiles from Save/Restore and still no profiles.

PS - I've been beta testing WebOS Internals stuff of all sorts for months and this is the first problem I've ever had that gave me cause to report. You guys are awesome; I'd have traded my and my wife's Pres for Evo's months ago if not for your group.
    Govnah 0.7.0 has been removed from the feed. You should revert to 0.6.9

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    my profiles seem fine. I should delete it and reinstall 0.6.9 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    my profiles seem fine. I should delete it and reinstall 0.6.9 ?
    If you try and save a new profile in 0.7.0, you will loose access to all your existing profiles (they should remain intact, just unaccessible until you install 0.7.1).

Otherwise, it should work fine.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/03/2010 at 10:14 PM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Dang that was quick with the 7.1 I was just uninstalling the 7.0. The vdd1 vsel options are gone I see the frequencies. Are there any guidelines on tweaking those? I was able to run blackbird on 72. Is there a correlation or something I can read to help me figure it out?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Dang that was quick with the 7.1 I was just uninstalling the 7.0. The vdd1 vsel options are gone I see the frequencies. Are there any guidelines on tweaking those? I was able to run blackbird on 72. Is there a correlation or something I can read to help me figure it out?
    The formula is ( ( INTEGER * 12.5 ) + 600 ) mV

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you try and save a new profile in 0.7.0, it will corrupt all your existing profiles.

Otherwise, it should work fine.

-- Rod
    v0.7.1 fixed it. I have my profiles back, and the new voltage selection options appears to be working correctly. Well done!
    Just a hint, after applying a voltage setting, scroll the Govnah screen around for a bit. If your voltage settings are too low, you'll notice faint corruption at the edging of the different options, which becomes more apparent the lower your voltage is.
    Govnah 0.7.1 is released.

Per-frequency voltage selection.

Battery-remaining-charge based frequency scaling.

Charger override setting.

(all of the above are available on the latest UberKernel and also other experimental kernels to varying degrees)

Thx to oil for the UI updates.

-- Rod
    i tried searching for this but couldn't find the right answer for me.
    but my question is that with the new updates allowing to change voltage does lowering the voltage on a screen state 1ghz/500mhz save battery? and what would be the safest voltage to use?
    "So you can run and tell that, homeboy"
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanguerrero View Post
    i tried searching for this but couldn't find the right answer for me.
    but my question is that with the new updates allowing to change voltage does lowering the voltage on a screen state 1ghz/500mhz save battery? and what would be the safest voltage to use?
    1) Yes.

2) The lowest at which your particular piece of hardware (which is different from everyone else's particular piece of hardware) operates 100% reliably in all temperature and operating load extremes that you are likely to encounter in your everyday life.

-- Rod
    way to put it in a way i can understand! seriously this is awesome!
    "So you can run and tell that, homeboy"
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Amazing update, as per usual.

Within Govnah, why can't we simply edit profiles? All we can do now is save as new profiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Amazing update, as per usual.

Within Govnah, why can't we simply edit profiles? All we can do now is save as new profiles.
    If you have already saved a profile;
    when you alter the settings, just save it again with the same name.

EX:
    I have a profile called Star32 (for F104a and 32MB compcache). Whenever I make a voltage change, I just resave with the same name...that's essentially editing it.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Really an amazing update. Changing the voltage was the last thing that Govnah was missing.
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 10/04/2010 at 02:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    If you have already saved a profile;
    when you alter the settings, just save it again with the same name.

EX:
    I have a profile called Star32 (for F104a and 32MB compcache). Whenever I make a voltage change, I just resave with the same name...that's essentially editing it.
    I see, thanks..

Though, it is just a bit annoying to have to do it that way