Page 49 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ses2017 View Post
    Is anyone else having a problem with Govnah recognizing all of your Pre's ram? Presently mine reads 323/0 mb on the memory swap line. It normally reads 474 or better.
    Those two figures are how much is currently being used.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    How can I improve the first number, as in freeing up some of that ram? It seems to be using an awful lot.
    Don't run so many apps with background notifications. Try downloading Jstop to see what's sucking up the most.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Updated to 0.6.9 and latest Uberkernel, continued to use screenstate 500/800 with 32mb compcache and my Pre starts to act weird. Huge battery drain (but that can be Weatherman as well, which I have removed to verify). Govnah doesn't remeber the selected profile anymore and sometimes just runs on 1GHz without me wanting that???
    I have screenstate 500/720. Is it bad for the processor, when the screen turns often on and off and the processor often have to go up and down with the MHZ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mahirrr View Post
    I have screenstate 500/720. Is it bad for the processor, when the screen turns often on and off and the processor often have to go up and down with the MHZ?
    When you turn the screen off, and all background processes (like fetching email, etc) have completed, the processor goes to 0MHz (e.g. the clocks are stopped).

Your phone is designed to do this as often and for as long as possible. That is the only way that your phone truly saves power.

So your phone is designed to go from 500MHz to 0MHz as often as possible. Other frequency changes are insignificant compared to that.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    When you turn the screen off, and all background processes (like fetching email, etc) have completed, the processor goes to 0MHz (e.g. the clocks are stopped).

Your phone is designed to do this as often and for as long as possible. That is the only way that your phone truly saves power.

So your phone is designed to go from 500MHz to 0MHz as often as possible. Other frequency changes are insignificant compared to that.

-- Rod
    You mean it goes to 0Mhz out of the box?

Thanks for the answer!
    Essentially yes. The CPU has several power states unless I'm mistaken the lowest power state basically is a hibernate type thing which the CPU would be essentially 0Mhz. On average during states where nothing is causing activity the device can be observed to consume between 1mA and 8mA. Theoretically if there is nothing at all causing any activity the device would consume somewhere in between but closer to 1mA per hour. In real world the best anyone is likely to see is about 12mA per hour assuming the device is not used at all the entire time it is on. This is because the device wakes up for various things periodically.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Since the version 113 of the Uberkernel with last Govnah with screenstate 500/1000 my battery last longer than before with nothing change in my habitudes of working with the Pre

Thank's

Alain
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    I just re-installed Preware on my phone - installed Uberkernal & Govnah, rebooted and when trying to set my profile it will always stay as Palm Default no matter which kernal selection I choose, any suggestions? I've tried removing and reinstalling but still no dice
    I just re-installed Preware on my phone - installed Uberkernal & Govnah, rebooted and when trying to set my profile it will always stay as Palm Default no matter which kernal selection I choose, any suggestions? I've tried removing and reinstalling but still no dice
    I'm having the same problem. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by izkeepsitreal View Post
    Does Govnah show the current CPU temperature?

-- Rod
    Does Govnah show the current CPU temperature?

-- Rod

No says N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by izkeepsitreal View Post
    No says N/A
    That means either UberKernel is not installed, or you did not do a reboot.

(That's a full complete device reboot complete linux-level whole device reboot not just a luna restart the type of reboot that preware suggested with the OK button when you installed UberKernel reboot the shutdown cleanly as if you were going to swap a battery reboot)

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 09/27/2010 at 06:45 PM.
    I just wanted to take the time and thank you for this great app. I just came back to the Pre after getting rid of it a while back. I was starting to get bugged again by how it kept lagging when pulling up apps compared to my crackberry. I decided to give this a shot and the phone is freaking awesome now. I'm running Uberkernal with Govnah at 250/720 and it's been great. Still early so I don't know the impact it will have on my battery, but I have a charger at work, home, and car so it's not a big deal. Anyway, thanks again and keep up the great work.
    I have a question, and I apologize if this was asked before. I am running the latest version of Govnah and UberKernel, running screenstate 500/800, everything else standard. Recently I have noticed when I bring up Govnah that my CPU is showing running at 500 mhz, and the only way I can get it past 500 mhz is to select one of the Fixed Speed settings like 800 mhz...and then it will clock back up. But if I switch back to Screenstate, it goes back down to 500 mhz and stays there. I can reboot the phone and re-launch Govnah and set it back to screenstate and it will stay at 800 mhz for a while, but eventually (anywhere from a couple hours to a couple days) it will get stuck back at 500 mhz forcing me to run it a fixed speed (which I don't like to do as it gets pretty hot on the touchstone in my car...). Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr3yGhOsT View Post
    I have a question, and I apologize if this was asked before. I am running the latest version of Govnah and UberKernel, running screenstate 500/800, everything else standard. Recently I have noticed when I bring up Govnah that my CPU is showing running at 500 mhz, and the only way I can get it past 500 mhz is to select one of the Fixed Speed settings like 800 mhz...and then it will clock back up. But if I switch back to Screenstate, it goes back down to 500 mhz and stays there. Any ideas?
    The "latest" versions don't help. What are the version numbers?

Are you actaully saving the profile as a custom profile? The settings won't survive a reboot otherwise.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr3yGhOsT View Post
    I have a question, and I apologize if this was asked before. I am running the latest version of Govnah and UberKernel, running screenstate 500/800, everything else standard. Recently I have noticed when I bring up Govnah that my CPU is showing running at 500 mhz, and the only way I can get it past 500 mhz is to select one of the Fixed Speed settings like 800 mhz...and then it will clock back up. But if I switch back to Screenstate, it goes back down to 500 mhz and stays there. I can reboot the phone and re-launch Govnah and set it back to screenstate and it will stay at 800 mhz for a while, but eventually (anywhere from a couple hours to a couple days) it will get stuck back at 500 mhz forcing me to run it a fixed speed (which I don't like to do as it gets pretty hot on the touchstone in my car...). Any ideas?
    You do realise that running at 500MHz for the screenstate governor while charging is an intentional feature, right?

-- Rod
    You do realise that running at 500MHz for the screenstate governor while charging is an intentional feature, right?

-- Rod
    Good catch! That's why you get paid the BIG bucks for PreCentral Support!

:-)

M.
    D'oh! That is it! I did not draw the correlation between charging and the drop back down to 500 mhz! I have my Pre on the Touchstone in the car a lot and that is usually when I notice the slowdown - when I am running apps like Nav and Pandora. I get frustrated by my Pre lagging and check my speed and discover it is back to stock...and that would make sense since it is charging on the Touchstone! Thanks for clueing me in on this feature! And much thanks to everyone who has put so much work on this fantastic app and kernel!