Page 46 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #901  
    I surfed a bit over wi-fi and used multitouch etc. and the Pre became 41 C.
    Is that normal? Not every time, while surfing a bit the next time, the Pre became ''only'' 35 C and went down after loading the page. On 500 Mhz the Pre became around 32 C.

    When I got the Pre, it used to get hotter, for example when I was charging and and surfed via UMTS.
  2. #902  
    your temps are within "normal" operating parameters...all hardware is different tho...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  3. #903  
    I'm running govnah on my Pixi with uberkernel and noticed something odd after the last govnah update. My frequency & compache setting used to stick after reset, and I'd just have to reset my I/O & TCP...but now my compache doesn't stick either. Just curious if anyone knows why/how to change that. Thanks!
  4. #904  
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingpixi View Post
    I'm running govnah on my Pixi with uberkernel and noticed something odd after the last govnah update. My frequency & compache setting used to stick after reset, and I'd just have to reset my I/O & TCP...but now my compache doesn't stick either. Just curious if anyone knows why/how to change that. Thanks!
    You need to create a profile with your desired settings, and then select that profile to make it stick. Note that I/O and TCP settings are not yet included in the profile, since they are experimental features at this point.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. #905  
    thanks rod, I knew about the I/O & TCP - but couldn't figure out what changed about the compache. Appreciate the input!
  6. #906  
    The Governor selection outside of sreenstate and userspace were rather interesting. Specifically the 'Conservative and Ondemand' Govnah selections with all of it's Parameter tweaks. Left me scratching my head a bit. I'm so intrigued by all of it, but don't know where to begin.

    When I used the userspace Govnah, I notice that when I put my phone to charge it doesn't scale down to 500mhz. Is that the way it is set, or is there a way around that?


    I'm also seeing a lot of users setting the min frequency to 250mhz over 125mhz... Why is that? I would think that 125mhz is the most efficient for battery life during idle times no?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  7. #907  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    The Governor selection outside of sreenstate and userspace were rather interesting. Specifically the 'Conservative and Ondemand' Govnah selections with all of it's Parameter tweaks. Left me scratching my head a bit. I'm so intrigued by all of it, but don't know where to begin.

    When I used the userspace Govnah, I notice that when I put my phone to charge it doesn't scale down to 500mhz. Is that the way it is set, or is there a way around that?


    I'm also seeing a lot of users setting the min frequency to 250mhz over 125mhz... Why is that? I would think that 125mhz is the most efficient for battery life during idle times no?
    not all phones are stable at all speeds.

    Also when running the phone at very low speeds you can run into the situation where processes take so long to run that the processor is constantly working and has no time to idle... the real power savings show up while the CPU is idling. Of course YMMV and it all depends on usage patterns, signal reception and a multitude of other factors.
    Know your Webos-Internals members:
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/WhoIsWho
  8. #908  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I'm also seeing a lot of users setting the min frequency to 250mhz over 125mhz... Why is that? I would think that 125mhz is the most efficient for battery life during idle times no?
    I use 250 because 125 causes Slacker to stutter. It's about the only app I use with the screen off.
  9. #909  
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptk View Post
    not all phones are stable at all speeds.

    Also when running the phone at very low speeds you can run into the situation where processes take so long to run that the processor is constantly working and has no time to idle... the real power savings show up while the CPU is idling. Of course YMMV and it all depends on usage patterns, signal reception and a multitude of other factors.
    Thanks, all of that I was already aware of. I take all of that into consideration.

    DAlcatraz actually pointed out a reason why he uses 250mhz min frequency over 125mhz. Those are the kind of answers I am looking for. I would really like to hear from everyone out there in the community using Govnah, to share with us why they select specific min. Frequencies.

    I have not yet decided which to stick with and why...
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  10. #910  
    I didn't like the behavior of the OS using speeds slower than 500 with both ondemand and conservative governors. I could observer the speed up and slowdown as it tended to cause choppiness when going below 500. In addition it occasionally caused my pre to crash once every day or two. Taking into consideration with my usage patterns using 800 or 1ghz I see no increase in battery consumption I now use either of those depending on the effect the current activity has on temperature. If an activity causes significant rise in temperature I will lean towards using 800 so that rise is slower. And stop the activity if it is one that can't perform at 500 effectively when it drops the speed for the temp limit setting. Also depending on usage patterns using either ondemand or conservative governor may consume more battery than running at a fixed high speed and setting the temp limit to clock it down when the temp gets to an uncomfortable point. For me I have the temp limit set to 55C and reset set to 40C. The reason for the significantly lower reset temp is I have noticed that if the reset is too close to the limit the battery tends to run at the same or very close to the CPU temp with long term high CPU temps. I haven't done so yet but I have come to the conclusion I'm hardcore enough and other may also be that I'm going to buy some chipset heatsinks and mod my battery back to heatsink the battery and radio board. Unfortunately the CPU is between the screen and battery so it can't be directly heatsinked.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  11. #911  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Unfortunately the CPU is between the screen and battery so it can't be directly heatsinked.
    At the same time, the CPU's placement (just under your phone's back mirror) also means that sliding your phone open will allow heat to be dissipated faster.
  12. #912  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I understand Thunderchief takes orders from no one, but when you select a lower profile, Govnah will not register or display 1 GHz again (at least not on my device).
    Instead, 900 MHz is displayed.
    Oh? I havent seen that? got a screenshot?
    Live free or DIE!
  13. #913  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I understand Thunderchief takes orders from no one, but when you select a lower profile, Govnah will not register or display 1 GHz again (at least not on my device).
    Instead, 900 MHz is displayed.
    That's cause Thunderchief never runs at exactly 1GHz, so the predefined profile will not work for it - you need to create your own profile to get 1.000055346 GHz

    -- Rod
  14. #914  
    I'v personally found that running 450/850Mhz works tremendously well. In screen-state mode. my temps rarely exceed the 30's and when they do almost never break 45. Iv been running this for a few days now with moderate usage.I haven't seen any notable change in battery depletion. So far all pros and no cons.

    Ill keep everyone posted of any changes.
  15. #915  
    Since there is no where to ask anymore (about the kernels that support it):

    What does "Battery Scaling" mean and do? F105 now supports "Battery Scaling" and that fuctionality is exposed in Govnah. So... What is it and what does it do?


    M.
  16. #916  
    Quote Originally Posted by hayesjordan57 View Post
    I'v personally found that running 450/850Mhz works tremendously well. In screen-state mode. my temps rarely exceed the 30's and when they do almost never break 45. Iv been running this for a few days now with moderate usage.I haven't seen any notable change in battery depletion. So far all pros and no cons.

    Ill keep everyone posted of any changes.
    Live free or DIE!
  17. #917  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Since there is no where to ask anymore (about the kernels that support it):

    What does "Battery Scaling" mean and do? F105 now supports "Battery Scaling" and that fuctionality is exposed in Govnah. So... What is it and what does it do?


    M.
    http://forums.precentral.net/showpos...&postcount=489
    Live free or DIE!
  18. #918  
    Hey guys, i just wanted to let you know a little problem i've run into. I just updated my Verizon palm pixi plus to 1.4.5. I erased my backup, did a full secure erase, then ran the 1.4.5 verizon webos doctor and reinstalled everything i had to have a clean phone. When i shut it down, then turn it back on, and go to govnah, it resets to the palm default profile, then i have to select my custom profile. And i have to reset my compressed swap everytime also. Is this a known issue yet?
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
  19. #919  
    Also, i deleted the performance profile, and it re-added itself in. Is govnah not retaining memory?
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
  20. #920  
    [QUOTE=unixpsycho;2637932][url]


    Sorry I'm just now seeing this. Thank you for the info, man. To "disable" this feature, I assume setting it to zero would do?


    M.

Posting Permissions