Page 45 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3540414243444546474849505595 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1910
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #881  
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    Fahrenheit please.
    I was thinking of bringing this up again just this morning...

    I don't think think it should be an *option* for the reason (that someone else pointed out a few pages back) that it would start to get too confusing for everyone with two different numbers floating around the threads all the time.

    The best solution that just hit me this morning while looking at Govnah (because I'm playing with my voltages) is there's PLENTY enough room on that line to put both:

    xxC / xxF

    So they are both there, and when people type their temps, they can do either or both right there without messing around with options, calculators, and what not.


    M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 08/26/2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: (WOAH... That was some bad typing...)
  2. #882  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I was thinking of bringing this up again just this morning...

    I don't think think it should be an *option* for the reason (that someone else pointed out a few pages back) that it would start to get too confusing for eveyone with two differnt numbers floating around the threadss all teh time.

    The best solution that just hit me this morning while looking at Govnah (because I'm playing with my voltages) is there's PLENTY enough room on that line to put both:

    xxC / xxF

    So they are both there, and when people type their temps, they can do either or both right there without messing around with options, calculators, and what not.


    M.
    Alternatively, folks in the US can just join us in the 21st century

    -- Rod (just kidding folks)
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3. #883  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    The best solution that just hit me this morning while looking at Govnah (because I'm playing with my voltages) is there's PLENTY enough room on that line to put both:

    xxC / xxF

    So they are both there, and when people type their temps, they can do either or both right there without messing around with options, calculators, and what not.


    M.
    You so smart
  4. #884  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Alternatively, folks in the US can just join us in the 21st century

    -- Rod

    I know you say this in humo(u)r, but, I've been complaining about his for a couple/few decades now... The metric system in general is WAY easier than SAE (and you can't even really put the E in there anymore). I don't get it. I agree we should "get with the times", but...




    M.
  5. #885  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Alternatively, folks in the US can just join us in the 21st century

    -- Rod (just kidding folks)
    Exactly what country are you from?
  6. #886  
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    Exactly what country are you from?

    Look under Tux...


    M.
  7. #887  
    You know what really ****es me off - Jimmy Carter had the stones to declare we are on the metric system but Busch decided that was just too much for his pea brain and changed it back.

    Whatever **bangs head against wall once again**
  8. #888  
    Also, I get this same argument from all my friends from the UK.

    My standard response to ALL of them is "...and just exactly how much do you weigh?".

    The answer ALWAYS comes back in stones - 1 lb = .0714 stones - really, I'm out of touch and you're still telling me how much something weighs as a relation to a rock!
  9. #889  
    Hay, if we're going to be all scientific and all, how 'bout we have the temp in Kelvin then????

    Let's see, my little Pre is running a wonderful 34 c so that would be 307 kelvin.
  10. #890  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    PDK apps do not like 125. Same thing happens on my Pre. You cannot use 250/anything either as there is a bug in the kernal that drops down to 125. I read that you can trick out Ondemand by setting the Powersave option to 1 but I have to tried it yet.

    EDIT: corrected: set Powersave to 1 to trick out Ondemand.
    Thanks for the info. Do you have a recommended setting that is worth trying?
  11. #891  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJones2268 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Do you have a recommended setting that is worth trying?
    performance 1g...do it...."race to idle"
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  12. #892  
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    Also, I get this same argument from all my friends from the UK.

    My standard response to ALL of them is "...and just exactly how much do you weigh?".

    The answer ALWAYS comes back in stones - 1 lb = .0714 stones - really, I'm out of touch and you're still telling me how much something weighs as a relation to a rock!
    Yes, the UK is almost as backwards as the US. At least they drive on the correct side of the road ...

    BTW, the real reason why it is in Celsius is because that's what the kernel reports, and we're too lazy to convert it to anything else. Any Mojo developer is welcome to submit some code to do so - the code is all at git.webos-internals.org ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #893  
    Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    Sprint Pre, webOS 1.4.5, Govnah 0.6.6 and F105 1.4.5-99

    I apologize if this was already resolved but I cannot make the govnah settings stick on reboot with F105. When rebooting it will go to "unknown" profile and default F105 settings including enabled compcache 20480 which I don't really want.

    I uninstalled both, reinstalled stock palm pre kernel, reinstalled govnah and then f105, disabled compcache, saved as new profile and everything was fine until I decided to reboot to check and it went back to unknown. help?

    it does run great, i might just let it be and stay at the default settings
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

    IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
  14. #894  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJones2268 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Do you have a recommended setting that is worth trying?
    I have not yet found a good profile for Ondemand. I did test the trick to eliminate the drop to 125 from 250. It seems to work. I found I still get some flicker on PDK apps.

    Here are my settings (hope my pic shows):



    Edit: Doing soething wrong with pic posts. Try this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/53038434@N03/4932535076
    Last edited by palmuse; 08/27/2010 at 12:33 PM.
  15. #895  
    I have found that PDK apps need a minimum of 500 when using Ondemand. I do not see any flicker using the settings in my post above if I change the CPU speed to 500/800.

    I've tried changing the upper threshold as low as 20% using lower speeds. Did not help.
  16. #896  
    1. F105 is intentionally not a configurable kernel - it defaults to a specific hard-wired setting as stated in it's description. If you want to configure, use UberKernel.

    2. Don't use ondemand, it is not a good governor for a mobile phone.

    -- Rod
  17. #897  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    1. F105 is intentionally not a configurable kernel - it defaults to a specific hard-wired setting as stated in it's description. If you want to configure, use UberKernel.

    2. Don't use ondemand, it is not a good governor for a mobile phone.

    -- Rod
    re your second point, could you expand and perhaps suggest which alternative would be the best?

    If I am not mistaken - and I may be - Android uses an ondemand governor...
  18. #898  
    Everything computer related is metric as far as I know. Heck I was taught metric system in high school way back when and the only thing metric I have a poor grasp on is visualizing distances. I know smaller amounts like average height of a person in meters, mm, cm for measuring. Heck if someone uses degrees F in relation to anything other than the atmospheric (indoor/outdoor) temperature I will have to convert it to degrees C in order to proceed in the discussion or help.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  19. #899  
    I'm looking for something to use as a profile that would make my phone still function, meaning, have all the alarms and everything working correctly, but at the same time, not working to boost performance AT ALL, in other words, just so it's basically stand by
  20. #900  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJones2268 View Post
    re your second point, could you expand and perhaps suggest which alternative would be the best?

    If I am not mistaken - and I may be - Android uses an ondemand governor...
    Personally I would use screen state or performance (fixed speed). You can use predefine profiles and/or create custom ones and if you need to change to other settings you could use mode switcher to change the profiles for you automatically for various situations if you are wanting to change things. Personally I run a fixed speed 1ghz with various other settings customized.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.

Posting Permissions