Page 44 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I normally keep Govnah at 800/500 but occasionally it seems to switch back to default/500 setting for no reason.

Any idea what causes this?
    Probably the unclean shutdown failsafe kicking in as designed.

-- Rod
    How accurate are the temperature reading in Govnah? I'm asking because it reports 14 degrees C at the moment for me which is significantly COLDER than the the temperature of this room
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    How accurate are the temperature reading in Govnah? I'm asking because it reports 14 degrees C at the moment for me which is significantly COLDER than the the temperature of this room
    I thought I was in a cold room at 64 degrees F... thats 57 tho! lol

-Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    I have F105...what would be the best settings to use on Govnah for real speed?
    Is there a way to add profiles, like SetCPU? SetCPU for Root Users That way you can scale down at certain times if your battery begins to drain, or the phone is getting too hot. I have both the Droid and the Pre + OC'd at 1GHz but I still get better battery life on the Droid (using profiles). Unless, its because the battery has more mAh on the Droid, but it has a bigger/higher resolution screen, yet they both use the same OMAP3430.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by wade_county View Post
    Is there a way to add profiles, like SetCPU? SetCPU for Root Users That way you can scale down at certain times if your battery begins to drain, or the phone is getting too hot. I have both the Droid and the Pre + OC'd at 1GHz but I still get better battery life on the Droid (using profiles). Unless, its because the battery has more mAh on the Droid, but it has a bigger/higher resolution screen, yet they both use the same OMAP3430.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Most of what SetCPU has is incorporated into the kernel already... minus the background process that polls for time of day or <30% battery scale down. (that gives me an idea to add that).

Also remember Android is using a much newer kernel that has built-in better battery/power management.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Probably the unclean shutdown failsafe kicking in as designed.

-- Rod
    What exactly is an "unclean shutdown" and what is the best way to avoid it?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    battery pull
    Battery pull causes an unclean shutdown or prevents an unclean shutdown?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Maybe someone can offer some advise please. I am running UberKernel, the new 1Ghz version though I am quite new to the Pre and WebOS. I am using Govnah to set an ondemand scalar profile running from 125Mhz all the way to 1Ghz and the device definitely feels a fair bit faster and also seems to have better battery life. This is what I would expect - I come from an Android world, so my simple mind accepts this.

However, some apps - mostly games, like Bubbles and the new virtual horse racing one - flicker. What I mean is that the screen flickers when they are running. Everything else seems perfect.

If I use the Palm default profile, there are no screen flickers, but the device feels sluggish.

I want decent perf combined with improved battery life which is why the ondemand scalar felt good to me.

Help!
    Battery pull causes an unclean shutdown or prevents an unclean shutdown?
    ...a battery pull is unclean...
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJones2268 View Post
    Maybe someone can offer some advise please. I am running UberKernel, the new 1Ghz version though I am quite new to the Pre and WebOS. I am using Govnah to set an ondemand scalar profile running from 125Mhz all the way to 1Ghz and the device definitely feels a fair bit faster and also seems to have better battery life. This is what I would expect - I come from an Android world, so my simple mind accepts this.

However, some apps - mostly games, like Bubbles and the new virtual horse racing one - flicker. What I mean is that the screen flickers when they are running. Everything else seems perfect.

If I use the Palm default profile, there are no screen flickers, but the device feels sluggish.

I want decent perf combined with improved battery life which is why the ondemand scalar felt good to me.

Help!
    set it and forget it....performance 1g...
    Sprint Pre, webOS 1.4.5, Govnah 0.6.6 and F105 1.4.5-99

I apologize if this was already resolved but I cannot make the govnah settings stick on reboot with F105. When rebooting it will go to "unknown" profile and default F105 settings including enabled compcache 20480 which I don't really want.

I uninstalled both, reinstalled stock palm pre kernel, reinstalled govnah and then f105, disabled compcache, saved as new profile and everything was fine until I decided to reboot to check and it went back to unknown. help?

it does run great, i might just let it be and stay at the default settings
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    set it and forget it....performance 1g...
    Why do you want to run 1ghz while the screen is off, and also doing simple tasks? If you leave it on performance all the time you risk overheating the phone. That's why I originally asked if they can add profiles like SetCPU (Android) Its a bit of nuance, to go back and forth changing clocking speeds.
    You can use the mode switcher app to change the govnah profile and accomplish any change you want and have it occur when you want more or less. I run at performance 1Ghz 24/7 even on the charger and only hit the temp limit setting when on the charger and 3D gaming or using sprint navigation. I clock it down during those times. I some how managed to accidentally override going down to 500 while charging. Which is fine because outside of these two exceptions I want it to run at the higher speed.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJones2268 View Post

Help!
    PDK apps do not like 125. Same thing happens on my Pre. You cannot use 250/anything either as there is a bug in the kernal that drops down to 125. I read that you can trick out Ondemand by setting the Powersave option to 1 but I have to tried it yet.

EDIT: corrected: set Powersave to 1 to trick out Ondemand.
    Last edited by palmuse; 08/26/2010 at 05:21 PM.
    Hello,

Sorry, I know this question is silly, but:
    I made a userspace profile with ''Min speed 500 Mhz'', ''Setspeed 600 Mhz'' and ''Max speed 1 Ghz''.

Does that mean, it will run 500 Mhz, wenn the screen is off, 600 Mhz in simple tasks and go up to 1 Ghz in heavyer tasks/multitasking?
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    You can use the mode switcher app to change the govnah profile and accomplish any change you want and have it occur when you want more or less. I run at performance 1Ghz 24/7 even on the charger and only hit the temp limit setting when on the charger and 3D gaming or using sprint navigation. I clock it down during those times. I some how managed to accidentally override going down to 500 while charging. Which is fine because outside of these two exceptions I want it to run at the higher speed.
    performance setting will keep it maxed at whatever...the temp lomter will clock it down if the cpu gets hot
    Any scenario where the device has not been shut down in an orderly fashion is an unclean shutdown. In those scenarios, there is a real chance of filesystem corruption, so you should avoid them at all cost.

Examples of unclean shutdowns include:

1) Pulling out the battery without shutting down the phone completely first.
    2) Kernel crashes
    3) Hardware crashes

Govnah is able to detect if an unclean shutdown has occurred, and will disable any sticky profiles until the device is reset again, or until you select a new profile in Govnah. This is a key safety measure to prevent reboot loops.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Fahrenheit please.