Page 43 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    but you could try Jason R's patch to change logging to minimal. This might have a positive effect.

• Open phone
    • "Dial" ##logs#
    • Change Logging Levels
    • Set Logging To Minimal

M.
    When I set Ondemand to 250 / 720 it still seems to dip down to 125. Is this how it it supposed to work? My Pre does not like 125 esp w PDK apps. Using G 0.6.6 and ...-92.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    ...if you are not a power user you should consider battery saving tips such as turning gps completely off, email set to manual, data connection patch and turn data off when not using the web...
    What's "data connection patch"? I haven't been able to find anything data related in the patchs' list 8-?

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Open phone
    "Dial" ##logs#
    Change Logging Levels
    Set Logging To Minimal
    I think Jason's patch does a little more than just the logging but I might be mistaken.

What's "data connection patch"? I haven't been able to find anything data related in the patchs' list 8-?
    The patch I was referring to was data in device menu. It allows an easy way to toggle the data on/off.

Pip
    God bless you,, Oil. You took the a device I had zero complaints about and made it better.
    I installed this and UK and was very impressed with the results GOOD JOB!!
    I'm trying overclocking for the first time. I installed uberkernal, did a luna restart, installed Govnah, but it won't let me change the profile, I tap Palm Default, select screenstate, it returns to the main screen with Palm Default. I did a luna restart, still not working.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I'm trying overclocking for the first time. I installed uberkernal, did a luna restart, installed Govnah, but it won't let me change the profile, I tap Palm Default, select screenstate, it returns to the main screen with Palm Default. I did a luna restart, still not working.
    When you follow the instructions and use Preware to install UberKernel, it advises you to do a full device reboot, not a luna restart. You should have hit 'OK' at that point.

-- Rod
    I must have missed that, I did a shut down to swap batteries, and it worked. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    When you follow the instructions and use Preware to install UberKernel, it advises you to do a full device reboot, not a luna restart. You should have hit 'OK' at that point.

-- Rod
    Would it be possible to use colors to indicate the different restart notices? I understand that people should read everything, but it seems using a different background color for restart phone vs restart luna might be helpful.

Just a thought. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Would it be possible to use colors to indicate the different restart notices? I understand that people should read everything, but it seems using a different background color for restart phone vs restart luna might be helpful.

Just a thought. Thanks.
    That wont work either. People just wont read.

I used to reboot the phone automatically for the user in my earlier packages but users complained they thought the phone crashed.

Cant win.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post

I used to reboot the phone automatically for the user in my earlier packages but users complained they thought the phone crashed.

Cant win.
    I hear ya. I have been guilty flying past things myself. It sure helps to pay attention.

For those interested (correct me if I'm wrong):
    Phone reboot will restart with the webOS "bellybutton" (my name for the circling dot) and a Luna restart will show the "Palm" name.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post

Cant win.
    ...with all the glaring red and bold...
    General rule of thumb everyone should follow. If a request for luna restart or device restart is made, and you are not installing another package that requires the same thing, then it is in your best interest to perform the action at that time. I have worked with software enough that I have seen things go wacky if the user forgets to perform the requested action. I personally reboot at the prompt when installing and upgrading the kernel. I treat it like an OS upgrade in that reboot before doing anything more with the device.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    ok I know i am going to eat this, but why can't I change my profile from Palm default?
    Larry
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaglione View Post
    ok I know i am going to eat this, but why can't I change my profile from Palm default?
    How about stating what kernel you have installed?

Pip
    Thanks for Govnah! It is awesome. Love my Pre more everyday!
    I was starting to lose the love of my pre, now that it moves again I am not changing.
    Larry
    I normally keep Govnah at 800/500 but occasionally it seems to switch back to default/500 setting for no reason.

Any idea what causes this?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    When I set Ondemand to 250 / 720 it still seems to dip down to 125. Is this how it it supposed to work? My Pre does not like 125 esp w PDK apps. Using G 0.6.6 and ...-92.
    I will answer my own stupid question...

Q - Why won't the ondemand governor obey my min_freq setting?
    A - This is a known kernel bug. NOT a problem with govnah. Apparently you can trick the kernel to staying above 125mhz by setting powersave bias to 1. (Reference)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...01-govnah.html